Could Guts possibly put on Skull Knight's current armor?

I want to give credit for this topic to Rodrigo and IncantatioN, as it came out of a discussion in the flash chat. Anyway, we were talking about ways Guts could take on Griffith, and an idea struck me: If Skull Knight is somehow destroyed, but his armor is left intact, could Guts put it on and possibly increase his abilities? Also, could he wear this armor and then continue living on as a spirit, in the way that Gaiseric did? Just a thought, but I didn't see how it could hurt to throw it out there.

EDIT: Just to add another thought, my idea is basically that events repeat themselves, and Guts could become the new Skull Knight. Or, if the helmet transforms again, the Beast Knight maybe?

^Haha classic. On a side note I always get such a craving for DrPepper when I see his name..

Very interesting thread btw. I've always philosophised about Guts' and SK's armors and their (potential) relation. Though I dont really have any thoughts concrete enough for me to discuss at this point, Im gonna have to get back to you when I've collected my thoughts...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TelegramSam said:
If Skull Knight is somehow destroyed, but his armor is left intact, could Guts put it on and possibly increase his abilities?

Nothing says that simply wearing that armor would "increase his abilities" beyond what the Berserk's armor already does.

TelegramSam said:
Also, could he wear this armor and then continue living on as a spirit, in the way that Gaiseric did?

Theorically, yes. But even the way in which the Skull Knight exists and how it came to be is still only a theory.

TelegramSam said:
Just to add another thought, my idea is basically that events repeat themselves, and Guts could become the new Skull Knight.

That's extremely unlikely to happen, for many reasons.

TelegramSam said:
Or, if the helmet transforms again, the Beast Knight maybe?

?

Well, I guess what I meant by increase his abilities is free him from pain, hunger, physical desires, etc. As to the Beast Knight idea, it was more of a joke really, just the idea being that Skull Knight is the Skull Knight because of the helmet. So, if it could also transform into the shape of Guts' current armor, it really wouldn't be apt to call him the Skull Knight anymore.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TelegramSam said:
Well, I guess what I meant by increase his abilities is free him from pain, hunger, physical desires, etc.

Hmm, well the Berserk's armor already frees him from pain and fear, and I'm not sure a lack of "physical desires" would be beneficial.

TelegramSam said:
So, if it could also transform into the shape of Guts' current armor, it really wouldn't be apt to call him the Skull Knight anymore.

I don't think it would be apt to call Guts like that even if the helmet didn't change shape.

If a nickname is due, I'd think The Black Swordsman would continue to fit Guts, no matter the circumstance. It's already popular among the apostles. And it's not like Skull Knight is referred to directly all that frequently anyway.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BerserkMJM said:
If a nickname is due, I'd think The Black Swordsman would continue to fit Guts, no matter the circumstance. It's already popular among the apostles. And it's not like Skull Knight is referred to directly all that frequently anyway.

Well my point was more that the name "Skull Knight" doesn't just refer to whoever's wearing that skull helmet, it's specifically the one currently inhabiting that armor. And yeah, so far only two people have used the name in the entire series, one time each. The first time it was Guts, in the episode SK was introduced. The second time it was Femto during their encounter in volume 34.

Oh yeah, Skull Knight as an individual, not a title or position to be held. On that note, if we did find out Skull Knight's true identity, would we start calling him that outright? Or would we be stubborn and hold to the site's namesake? :SK:

Anyway, I also can't imagine Guts using a weapon other than the Dragon Slayer at this point. Especially with him being able to reach a version of Slan with it. That scene just implies that he's going to be holding onto that weapon. So I can't imagine him suddenly using Skull Knight's sword.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Death May Die said:
I have one Berserker Armor question. I can't recall, therefore, I'm not sure, have we seen Guts use the hand-canon while using the Berserk armor?

I think he also used it in one of the fights on the boat and on Isma's island. Though if your question was more toward when the armor is activated, I could not help you on that one for I lack my volumes at the moment...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
Aw! I see, in Volume 26. I like that the hole is build into the palm, rather than a flap-door that has to be opened to fire.

Nothing's built into anything, the armor just organically adapted to Guts' arm cannon by "opening" itself up.

Aazealh said:
Nothing's built into anything, the armor just organically adapted to Guts' arm cannon by "opening" itself up.

:isidro: Oh wow, I honestly didn't see it until you now mentioned it. I initially thought this particular scene happened before the Beast of Darkness manifested within the armor as Guts just acquired the armor, perhaps meaning the armor didn't have its organic attributes at that particular moment.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
I initially thought this particular scene happened before the Beast of Darkness manifested within the armor as Guts just acquired the armor, perhaps meaning the armor didn't have its organic attributes at that particular moment.

The only reason the armor changed its shape to reflect Guts' inner demon is because of said (magical) attributes. The same way it automatically repairs itself when it's damaged, etc.

Death May Die said:
:isidro: Oh wow, I honestly didn't see it until you now mentioned it.

I dont have my copies at hand for the moment but I think its much better depicted in the Jets Comics edition due to quality and the page´s frame cut a little short (I got the feeling even some panels are individually "cut short" or zoomed in or w/e terms you use). Everything is generally illustratively more comprehensive in the Jets Comics books. So if you inspected the DH´s version of the page it might´ve been because of that. Ever since I looked through the JC´s version of the books I´ve had a much more clear picture of whats happening, occasionally anyway.

EDIT: sorry for derailing the topic but sometimes theres so much shade effects that its literally impossible to make out some details... But I guess thats mostly like poor attempts a "subtle" censorship...But anyway.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hanma_Baki said:
sorry for derailing the topic but sometimes theres so much shade effects that its literally impossible to make out some details... But I guess thats mostly like poor attempts a "subtle" censorship...But anyway.

Honestly I think it's probably just bad editing/printing. It's unfortunate either way. Berserk deserves better than that.

As interesting as the idea is, I really can't see it working at all. Seeing as The Skull Knight as a whole is a supernatural, godlike entity and to have Guts where the Armor that Skull Knight is wearing just wouldn't really make anything better seeing as it would most likely destroy guts in some way seeing as The Berserker Armor is slowly but surely eating him away. Or even enough if Guts was to wear the Skull Knight's armor on top of the Berserker Armor, I have no idea what that would do except really kill Guts in some way if that ever came to that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:
As interesting as the idea is, I really can't see it working at all. Seeing as The Skull Knight as a whole is a supernatural, godlike entity
What makes SK "godlike" ?

to have Guts where the Armor that Skull Knight is wearing just wouldn't really make anything better seeing as it would most likely destroy guts in some way seeing as The Berserker Armor is slowly but surely eating him away.
We don't know the properties of Skull Knight's armor. Comparing it to Berserk's Armor in this way is a fallacy.

Or even enough if Guts was to wear the Skull Knight's armor on top of the Berserker Armor
:ganishka:

Top Bottom