USA and the good job blessed by God who loves his brave courageous soilders...

Status
Not open for further replies.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Re:USA and the good job blessed by God who loves his brave courageous soilders..

I would like to know how are things now in the States. What do the americans on thsi board think of this war.
Personally, I don't like it. America always had such nice blackops that I fail to see why this massive military action is neccessary.
Anyway, without any sarcasm and irony, I would just like to get some information about the current state of mind of young americans.
In a way, I approve this war since somebody has to do it, but on the other hand, it got so messy and sloppy that I feel utterly confused.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Re:USA and the good job blessed by God who loves his brave courageous soilders..

White_Hawk said:
I would like to know how are things now in the States. What do the americans on thsi board think of this war.
Personally, I don't like it. America always had such nice blackops that I fail to see why this massive military action is neccessary.
Anyway, without any sarcasm and irony, I would just like to get some information about the current state of mind of young americans.
In a way, I approve this war since somebody has to do it, but on the other hand, it got so messy and sloppy that I feel utterly confused.
Nothing has changed, except for those people in the reserves.

I'm against the war. Its not so much specific, but I'm prety much anti-Chimp-president.

Sadam has been there for a while, and not really attacked anyone. We are also puting a lot of presure on him, keeping an eye on his every move so he can't suprize us, with, I doknow, say a nuklear missle.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

White_Hawk said:

I heard a while back that the U.S. sent some Navy Seals, only a few hours of being in Iraq they were running for their lives. I don't know if this is true or not, but i think the only reson why we didn't send in Seals was because Saddam has alot of people loyal to him [military officers].

- Bob

T

temporary

I am very proud that I live in Canada and am a Canadian. We are the monks of the world, we have been deemed as being cowards, but I believe that we are the only country that has the balls to be in absolute peace.

Majin_Tenshi

UrashimaSenpai said:
I am very proud that I live in Canada and am a Canadian. We are the monks of the world, we have been deemed as being cowards, but I believe that we are the only country that has the balls to be in absolute peace.
I'm not familiar with the canadians being known as cowards. ITs militarily inept. As in: "The points don't matter, kinda like spy satalites over canada."

Its the FRENCH who are known as cowards. They have practice at surendering.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!

Majin Tenshi said:
UrashimaSenpai said:
I'm not familiar with the canadians being known as cowards. ITs militarily inept. As in: "The points don't matter, kinda like spy satalites over canada."

Let's not get into French bashing again... there is already enough of that crap at the U.S. Congress (Freedom Fries anyone? :p). There were plenty of brave French people (the underground "French Resistance" Movement) who fought against the Nazis during World War 2. And let's not forget Napoleon... a brilliant general who conquered nearly all of Europe until he had the bright idea to march across Russia.

As for the Canadian dilapidated military, bleah... don't get me started on that subject. For god's sake, we had to bring a ship housed in a MUSEUM back into commission in order to provide naval support for the first Gulf War... :p.

Majin_Tenshi

Bok Choy said:
Majin Tenshi said:
UrashimaSenpai said:

Let's not get into French bashing again... there is already enough of that crap at the U.S. Congress (Freedom Fries anyone? :p). There were plenty of brave French people (the underground "French Resistance" Movement) who fought against the Nazis during World War 2. And let's not forget Napoleon... a brilliant general who conquered nearly all of Europe until he had the bright idea to march across Russia.

As for the Canadian dilapidated military, bleah... don't get me started on that subject. For god's sake, we had to bring a ship housed in a MUSEUM back into commission in order to provide naval support for the first Gulf War... :p.
I'm not trying to bash the french. I'm just trying to pass on the jokes I get from my friends. These "jokes" are much older then France's recent disagreements.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Bok Choy said:
And let's not forget Napoleon... a brilliant general who conquered nearly all of Europe until he had the bright idea to march across Russia.
Napoleon was Italian, and Russia was only part of a large coalition of countries which first stopped him. He wasn’t finally defeated at Waterloo until three years later, by the British and the Prussians. They got lucky. ;)

-Griffith

Majin_Tenshi

I think the point of the joke is: "How many wars has France won?"

That being, not just on the wining side... But also not getting their @$$es kicked in the process, or.. say surendering.

I try to avoid history classes, so I don't know much on the subject. . .
Oh, and american basic education doesn't teach you anything about foreign history.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!

About Napoleon and Russia, while it is true that Napoleon wasn't finally defeated until Waterloo, the invasion of Russia was the turning point in the Napoleonic wars. He lost around a million troops, and, if memory serves, the first time a country had sucessfully repelled his armies.

The French really get a bad rep due to WWII, because whoever was in charge of their defenses didn't consider the possibility of the Germans invading France at any point besides their strongest line of defense. ::)

Besides WWII though, France's military record is about the norm for a European power.

Lliugusamui

around the corner

I've only one thing to say : the Batlle of Hastings.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Napoleon was french, he's born in corsica, which is part of the french territory.
As for the military victories, France had alot of them, just like UK.

Now, remember USA would be UK's colonies if France hasn't moved, remember your superb economy is due to post-WWII rebuilding ...

And btw, the last time France warned USA on a war, well, it was Vietnam.

France is far from being a pure & cool country, we've got alot of problems, french acted like morons in the past, just like many others. Now, I just find that "french cowards b/c they don't want war" thing really cheap. The only thing it's doing is that people here now think of americans as blind & dangerous morons even more that they were before.

BOB

poruno sutâ

White_Hawk said:

Your fucked up american government needs rising market rates for its currency since the european EURO tore a big hole in your pockets.
En plus the National Energy Policy Report "Cheney-Report" stated that in the year 2020 up to 54 and 67 percent of the worlds oil will come from the gulf region. so in its conclusion the report suggests that the energy supply should be ensured (by all means methinks).

and fuck that idiot Bush! he ain't even legally elected that asshole and his greatest achievement is that during his time as governor he got 114 mercy petitions concerning death penalty and refused all of them that fuck.
i wonder why i'm still so calm and not trying to do some Lee Harvey Oswald styled shoot out on that maggot.

Note: I am NOT addressing any individual on this board. This implies all the americans over here since you obviously did not elect Bush.

and hawk plz tell me about your motivation concerning your war support!
Don't you think Saddam has the right to possess the weapons that the US, France and my damn country Germany sold him?

T

temporary

Majin Tenshi said:
UrashimaSenpai said:

Okay, when I said that the world thinks Canada is a coward, I was referring how the media and the opposition party of Canada (alliance rednecks) is ridiculing Chretein's descision on how to tackle this situation. Certainly, Chretein is a rusty bolt unable to keep the door on its hinge, but, I must admit, he is right this time, and I support him all the way. It is unfortunate that the peace activists are not giving him credit for this. The french are cowards? Course. They have the misfortune of losing every war -_-;; FYI, Napolean was no where near the military strength of say the Turks or the Mongols, the only reason why he got so much spotlight was because he was a frenchy.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!

Okay, when I said that the world thinks Canada is a coward, I was referring how the media and the opposition party of Canada (alliance rednecks) is ridiculing Chretein's descision on how to tackle this situation. Certainly, Chretein is a rusty bolt unable to keep the door on its hinge, but, I must admit, he is right this time, and I support him all the way. It is unfortunate that the peace activists are not giving him credit for this. The french are cowards? Course. They have the misfortune of losing every war -_-;; FYI, Napolean was no where near the military strength of say the Turks or the Mongols, the only reason why he got so much spotlight was because he was a frenchy.

Chretien is a conniving opportunist... people are naturally suspicious of him because he always does things not based on principle; but based on poll results and short-term political gains for the Liberal party. However, I give him credit for doing something on principle (opposing the war) although it took him long enough to finally take up a position. He could have played a "yes man" to the Americans like Mulroney and gained political favour from the Bushies but he didn't.

Stephen Harper and the Canadian Alliance are a bunch of Republican/neoconservative wannabes... to think I once thought Harper would be a breath of fresh air to Canadian politics... bleah.

Why should anybody do something about Iraq? What about Zimbabwe, Syria, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, and other tinpot dictatorships across the world who brutally repress their own people? Should the U.S. be "morally" obligated to topple those regimes as well? The United States should drop this "moral obligation" crap... they're the ones who supported Saddam during the 80's and provided him with biological weapon components including Anthrax.

It's so pathetic how some people are trying to make a monster out of Saddam Hussein (stupid Hitler analogies) when in fact, he is no different from any other two-bit dictator in the world. He's looking out for his own survival. He is not stupid enough to launch a WOMD on the U.S. or provide Al Qaida with those weapons since a nuke attack would raise immediate suspicions of Iraqi culpability.

Damn, this intellectual masturbation sure feels good... :-X

BOB

poruno sutâ

Bok Choy said:
Why should anybody do something about Iraq? What about Zimbabwe, Syria, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, and other tinpot dictatorships across the world who brutally repress their own people? Should the U.S. be "morally" obligated to topple those regimes as well? The United States should drop this "moral obligation" crap... they're the ones who supported Saddam during the 80's and provided him with biological weapon components including Anthrax.

It's so pathetic how some people are trying to make a monster out of Saddam Hussein (stupid Hitler analogies) when in fact, he is no different from any other two-bit dictator in the world. He's looking out for his own survival. He is not stupid enough to launch a WOMD on the U.S. or provide Al Qaida with those weapons since a nuke attack would raise immediate suspicions of Iraqi culpability.

Wow someone with some common sense over here.
But what's up with that Al Qaida stuff? Did they do anything besides shooting russians with US guns?

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....

One of the biggest problems in the US is that the news habits of most people center around FOX news. If you don't know, FOX news is about the biggest propaganda machine ever. They even won a lawsuit a while back, in order to secure their 'right' to report untruthful news (http://www.foxbghsuit.com/home.htm). CNN, MSNBC are no better when it comes down to the way new got slanted. As a result, very little actual information is available to the american public unless they head on to the internet. Needlesss to say, support is still fairly high over here.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Napoleon(e) was born in Corsica, but under the surname Buonaparte, his family comes from Tuscany. The Corsicans themselves spoke an Italian dialect; French was Napoleon's second language and he spoke it with an Italian accent his entire life. Nevertheless, he was France's greatest leader in my opinion, and the first of the modern dictators. People that call the French cowards simply don’t know their history.

As for this war; compared to Muslim extremists such as Usama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein is on our side. Frankly, I hope Bush is attacking for the oil alone, people seem to underestimate it’s importance and get caught up in ideals. I don’t care about stopping “evil men” or giving people “freedom", that's just good press since the country is too weak to kill for resources that we need. Without oil, all of Western Civilization would die and none of us could have these delightful chats anymore.

-Griffith

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Anyway, maybe i've already said this, but oil isn't existing forever ... at the pace we gather it, there won't be any in a couple of decennies. What bugs me is the hast of owning oil and considering the problem in such a short period of time, not thinking of what we should know for the working of the future ( here in energy ).

krunkster

mankowodaisuki

Griffith said:
Napoleon(e) was born in Corsica, but under the surname Buonaparte, his family comes from Tuscany. The Corsicans themselves spoke an Italian dialect; French was Napoleon's second language and he spoke it with an Italian accent his entire life. Nevertheless, he was France's greatest leader in my opinion, and the first of the modern dictators. People that call the French cowards simply don’t know their history.

DORK! ;D

CnC

Ad Oculos

i got nothing against the french (they make good fries and toast)... but i sure do love the "as a precaution, france has already surrendered" jokes...

...those are funny ;D

T

temporary

Griffith said:

As for this war; compared to Muslim extremists such as Usama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein is on our side. Frankly, I hope Bush is attacking for the oil alone, people seem to underestimate it’s importance and get caught up in ideals. I don’t care about stopping “evil men” or giving people “freedom", that's just good press since the country is too weak to kill for resources that we need. Without oil, all of Western Civilization would die and none of us could have these delightful chats anymore.

-Griffith

Concerning the oil, you're wrong. Only USA would die. Iraq has always been oil exporters for Germany and France and to a smaller extent Britain. Of North America, only the United States would be doomed if there was no oil since Canada is an untapped source of tar and sand oils.

T

temporary

On a heavier note, I believe that everyone in the whole world fears the Mongols most, then perhaps the Turks, Napoleon? Come on, he's just mentally ill.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider

Griffith said:

-Griffith

oil is not the main concern of the US I believe, since the US has some pretty huge oil reserves, and so does Iraq, even tough they don t seem to produce it that much. However, it is a global fact that oil is running short, and in some 40 to 50 years there won't be any. The Emirates know that and thus develop a huge turistic force as their markets fail to copy the success of the "Economic Dragons" like Hong Kong, that had no natural wealth to export, yet managed to estabilish a very strong market.
Forgive my lack of terms but I haven't been paying much attention during the Business English classes. :p

Anyway, I don t think oil is the "main primary objective"of US little excursion in the middle east. I am getting more and more worried about it, since nobody really hides the fact that they're after the oil, and that is very suspicios. I hope Bush won t get re elected, for his masters seem to have a different agenda for our world than many may think.
That is why i asked about the general "mood" of the American public, especially you ppl, that seem to have a much more subtle way of percieving the world than your average american dude.
So, if I may ask again, does every1 here feel this is ok, or are there worries that your own government has become "scary" and not doing the right thing?

Playing Command&Conquer with the real world is not really that cool...

regards,
D.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

I don't think it's about the oil, either. But I do think that the American Government is straightly heading for its own downfall if they continue to fight 'evil' this way. I'm not a pacifist, but in my opinion this war wasn't needed at all. I'm really worried about the effects of US foreign policy on this world in the long run, and I'm afraid it's not gonna be pretty. :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom