My drawing stuff

I was itching to draw Kojiro a few days ago, had my dinner and got a call that lasted too long and wasn't in the mood anymore. But it had been on my mind 3 days straight and picked up a random volume of Berserk this time and picked something. I messed up a lot unfortunately (not mentioning it all cos this will turn into a long post) but I've always had this sort of approach where I can't fix my error because it stands as a constant reminder to improve. I hope to draw/ doodle more and maybe get worse at it haha, who knows! Is there anything as too much practice can be a bad thing *sigh*.

Oh yeah, this took an hour to do. Do let me know criticisms/ comments on approach you find useful/ etc. I just noticed, with both drawings I did recently, I started with drawing the nose, then eyebrows, then facial outline on 1 side and went on from there. In true fashion, I got the first thing I drew wrong, his nose, so cross with myself :mozgus:

IMG_9520_zpsdedc61c4.jpg

IMG_9523_zps4583435a.jpg

IMG_9526_zpsd7f7712a.jpg

Gonna hit this space with other stuff I do off Berserk in a few days/ weeks/ whenever ...

EDIT: changed the topic name cos it'll be easier for me to find it

Wha??? You can draw??!?! That's talent man! An hour? Shoot, I couldn't draw this unless I traced it, hahaha. Good work man! I'm impressed. :slan:

I try to draw, yep yep! Thanks a lot Sir :farnese:! Honestly, after screwing his nose up, I just wanted to finish it quickly so I could get it over with. This was a panel from Vol 34 so another glaring error which I didn't realize at the time, cos I was having fun with his hair, was that I forgot to leave some white hair (front right) =_=

Grail

Feel the funk blast
DirectDK said:
Wha??? You can draw??!?!
That was my first thought too. :isidro: What an awesome surprise! Were you using some sort of dry brush and ink? Came out really well - I especially like the cape. I hope you do more of these! :guts:

Thanks Grail! Yep yep, a regular mid-size brush I've had since college and sumi ink. My hand hurt in the end and I attack~rushed the cape messing up the bristles of the brush.

Thanks for checking it out guys, this is encouraging ... I'll surely hit up this space more with updates. Like cooking, it's de-stressing. Please feel free to let me know of different techniques, etc. that can help me improve. I steal copy size paper from my printer at home ^_^.

turkitage

ターク
Wow that actually did come out nicely! I had no clue you can actually draw. Yeah, I couldn't even do that in half a day! Really nice!

Top Bottom