Eclipse - void & Griffith 2013

http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=504

-Eclipse- Void & Griffith 2013 version
Code No. 312 / Unit Price 47,400YEN (Tax excluded)
____________________________________________________________________________________

Pre-order item
Limited to only 50 pieces
Estimate Delivery date: May or June 2013
____________________________________________________________________________________

Follow the release of Femto: The Birth and Guts & Casca figures last year, we are glad to announce our newest product, Void & Griffith figure set to accompany the chapter Eclipse from Berserk Manga volume 12.

Eclipse is one of the most important chapters in the entire Berserk Manga saga, and it can be seen as a watershed for the whole story. In the Griffith & Void figure set we created this time, Void points to the Castle with his skinny finger and Griffith, who is in deep despair about his partners, friends, and even his own dreams, looks at the castle motionless though we can feel the stormy agitation in his heart. All forebode the beginning of the gEclipseh.

Product Features

Following our previous release of the God Hand set product, this time we re-created the original scene from the manga with improved details.

-A perfect reproduction for Eclipse-

Arrange this 3-part set of Void, Griffith and the castle to form a complete reproduction of the original manga scene, or just display the figures as you like.

-Perfection is in the Details-

We are constantly striving to perfect our products and to re-create the most beautiful figures possible. Therefore, we never stop in our efforts to pursue perfection in the details.
In the Void & Griffith figure set, you will see that the scarlet Beherit in Griffithfs left hand is bathed in blood. It is because when Griffith tries to kill himself, the blood flows down from his left shoulder and wakes up his Beherit. It is never easy to re-create all the elements in one scene, but we always try to do it better. When you see Void standing on the sacrificial altar made up of hundreds of human faces and he points to the Castle which is out of Griffithfs reach, you can almost heard his alluring voice saying "If the castle is the most radiant thing in your eyes..."

**360-degree product image rotation

Please click this link

**Product images in detail
Please click this link

*Installment Plans*
We offer two installment plans for this item.
Installment Plan One: pay in three months, three times
First payment: 23,700 Yen in 15 business days after the pre-order reserved
Second payment: 23,700 Yen before April 20th
Third payment: the shipping cost around May or June, 2013

Installment Plan Two: pay in four months, four times
First payment: 15,800 Yen in 7 business days after the pre-order reserved
Second payment: 15,800 Yen before April 8th
Third payment: 15,800 Yen before May 8th
Forth payment: the shipping cost around the early June, 2013

If you would like to use an installment plan for your payment, please feel free to contact us after you pre-order the item. For your convenience, we accept Credit Cards, Wire Transfers and PayPal. assist@art-of-war.co.jp

* Please Note *
We do not accept cancellations in any case once the payment has been made, so please consider carefully before purchasing this item.

*This release may be cancelled according to the pre-order condition. Thank you for your understanding.

Quantities: limited to 50 sets all over the world
Special Attachment: "Eclipse" marked Black acrylic resin show plate *only for the pre-orders before March 16th.
Size:(mm)
Set on the black plate:W355xD250xH205
Void: W250xD130xH200
Griffith: W95xD95xH75
The Castle: W120xD100xH190
Black acrylic resin show plate: W355xD250xH5
Weight:
Void: 1500g
Griffith:200g
The Castle: 1000g
Material: Polystone
Serial Number Nameplate (No. 1~ )
Originated & Manufactured by ART OF WAR
Estimate Delivery date: May or June 2013

Shipping and handling charges will be billed separately once the items are ready for shipping before the release date.

Area 1 (Asia)- NA
Area 2 (USA, Canada, & Australia)- NA
Area 3 (EU Countries)- NA
Area 4 (South America)- NA

*Image only.
Image shown may differ from actual product appearance. Thank you for understanding.

© Kentarou Miura (studio GAGA)/ Hakusensha

Quantity
Please input quantity then click ORDER
Quantity:

Cool update dude, thanks!

Posting the links here since they didn't come up in your post.

360 view - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_k7TDklufg&feature=youtu.be

In pictures - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_OwaapAJ4A&feature=youtu.be

Except for the attention to detail on Void's cape, both their faces look pretty disappointing.

Thanks for the heads up knecht!!! How did you hear of this? I didn't get an email from AOW yet.

But man... this release was ALMOST awesome, but fell wayyyy short when it stuck to the 1/15 scale!!! C'mon... seriously? 47,400 yen for 2 1/15 scale statues???? That's ludicrous. That's like $275 US for each statue after shipping...

And the Griffith one is already so similar to the one that comes in the exclusive God Hand set (which is cheaper than these two figures!!!!!)

Void and Griffith Faces look bad. Griffith's body as well.
The Castle looks like a work of beginner in art course.... And I'm being nice, I actually think it is awful.

The overall Idea was interesting, I'm disappointed. I'll pass again on this one...

I wish all AoW possible customers would do the same... THey would be kind of forced to improve quality and lower their ridiculous prices.

I like it,

So what it comes from other pieces, these two are just hilarious. the only flaw in the ointment is the price ....

will surely buy, but secondhand ....

DirectDK said:
Thanks for the heads up knecht!!! How did you hear of this? I didn't get an email from AOW yet.

No biggie on the heads up. I was thinking.. with AOW's website update, I'm sure we wouldn't see an email for this product. And I am such a berserk nerd when it come to statues. Sad to say, I check AOW every other day for new releases lol.
I would make the purchase, but I'm with everyone else on this one.

IncantatioN said:
Cool update dude, thanks!

Posting the links here since they didn't come up in your post.

360 view - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_k7TDklufg&feature=youtu.be

In pictures - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_OwaapAJ4A&feature=youtu.be

Except for the attention to detail on Void's cape, both their faces look pretty disappointing.

Thank you for the links :)
I was in bed last night searching eBay and AOW by my phone. So it was a quick copy and paste to alert those who might have an interest.

They really expected us to be amazed by that castle?! Well yeah, it does amaze me how incredibly dull they can make a castle look. And the scale is bullshit.

Void nice pose, thats about it.

Maybe Im just flattering myself but I really hope this isnt the result of them misinterpreting my requests of Childhood Griffith are piling corpses to castle, if thats even possible.

knecht said:
I would make the purchase

DO NOT BUY.

The griffith with base is 7.5cm tall, do you know what that mean? Without base griffth is like 6cm height... ... The griffth's body is actually thinner than your thumb. Void without base is like 11cm tall, ridiculous.

I had the GOD HAND set and OMFG you had no idea how tiny, yes TINY, the set is until you really gets it. If you are going to spend 600$ this way and encourage AOW keep releasing these BS i will be really disappointed.

THIS should NOT be the way a company runs, should not.

andrewdsz said:
DO NOT BUY.

The griffith with base is 7.5cm tall, do you know what that mean? Without base griffth is like 6cm height... ... The griffth's body is actually thinner than your thumb. Void without base is like 11cm tall, ridiculous.

I had the GOD HAND set and OMFG you had no idea how tiny, yes TINY, the set is until you really gets it. If you are going to spend 600$ this way and encourage AOW keep releasing these BS i will be really disappointed.

THIS should NOT be the way a company runs, should not.

Agreed, but at only 50 units all will sell... unfortunately.

I'm pretty pissed off right now.

I cant believe they still making 1/15 figures.

And i still cant believe they are asking 47500 yen for this BS.

It is like hey my 1/15 griffith is worthing 15000yen and my 1/15 void is worthing 25000 yen come get it!

And you get a 7500yen CASTLE accessory.

WHAT THE FUKE. :mozgus:

G

Genome

:serpico:

In my point of view, AOW is really disappointing those last 3/4 years (with exception of course like the 20th anniversary or Skullknight on horse). Old statues are, most of them, really nice and with a "normal" price.

A famous French guy said once "il suffirait que plus personne n'achète pour que sa ne se vende plus." : "it is sufficient that nobody buys for it is not sell anymore" meaning, costumers have the power to make a company change. If nobody buy, they would think twice before making those.

At least, if Void was alone and at a reasonable price, maybe, I would take it.

That's what I do since 4 years with exception when the statue is great. I was expecting for a very nice statues for Guts&Casca and look what we get...

CAN WE ALL EMAIL AOW AND TELL THEM HOW RIDICULOUS THIS IS??? I'm going to email them right now. Please follow suit if you agree.

PS I'm gonna add an extra note about the recent Zodd repaint + Guts attachment... way to punish first time buyers and early adopters... AGAIN.

G

Genome

DirectDK said:
CAN WE ALL EMAIL AOW AND TELL THEM HOW RIDICULOUS THIS IS??? I'm going to email them right now. Please follow suit if you agree.

Heyy, I was thinking the same when writing my last post. I guess it will "scare" them a little (I don't know ow much units of a statue are bought by Japanese VS overseas).

message : "Stop with your renditions or ugly sculpt art and of course your ridiculous prices" :carcus:

DirectDK said:

PS I'm gonna add an extra note about the recent Zodd repaint + Guts attachment... way to punish first time buyers and early adopters... AGAIN.

Why don't you put here a mail that we could send together, to unite? This way they would receive this mail from many of us, and see that some people think the same way.

Hey Theoden, good idea! Although, I just sent them my email without seeing your post first. Well if you want to see what I wrote in a fury, here it is:

Dear Art of War.

Thank you for creating Berserk collectibles for the community for all these years. Many AOW statues are my pride and joy, however, I regret to say, that the last few years have become very aggravating for me and the rest of the Berserk community.

As you may know, I run a Berserk statue website, as well as moderate the largest and most active Berserk community merchandise forum on the internet. There are a lot of people that look to me for guidance when it comes to collecting. I am grateful for such a respected position amongst the fans, as this isn't something I wished to attain, but it's merely the result of my dedication over the years.

That is why, I must speak up on all our behalf and say that AOW really needs to change their work practice and business model.

Recently, we've discovered the new Void & Griffith statue. 47,500 yen for...

(1) Two TINY figures. TINY, 1/15 scale figures, with Griffith not even being longer than my thumb! That equates to $275 for each figure? Surely you must see something wrong with this. And the castle does not add much value to the piece here. I'm sorry to say, but that castle looks like it could cost $10 at a card store for a Christmas ornament. It does not justify adding so much cost to this piece.
(2) REPRINTS. Not only are these two figures wayyyyy over priced, and wayyyyy too small, they are also REMAKES of the old God Hand Set!!! We aren't fooled by this. We know that it's a simple modification on each. It is not fair! It shows that AOW just doesn't care anymore to be innovative, or to spend time on their products. Even the recent Skull Knight Birth Ceremony statue is a remake of the SK on Horse, using the same upper body. It is truly bad practice, and it is insulting to your loyal customers.
(3) REPAINTS. The latest Zodd + Guts attachment... again, why so many re-releases of previous statues that your early adopters, the people who helped get your business going and successful??? You are punishing all the people who stuck by you all these years. Re-release after re-release after re-release, and TWICE the price they originally cost. And now, this new one comes with a special Guts attachment? What good reason do we have now, to support your products, if there could be a BETTER RELEASE in the future? This is insulting.

I am sorry that I am so furious right now, but I hope you understand, that this message comes from NEARLY EVERYONE IN THE COMMUNITY. It is outrageous.

And in regards to this questionaire.... I almost feel like I shouldn't even bother answering it. I've answered these questions before in your previous questionaire, but to no avail. We all want NEW CHARACTERS, instead you keep giving us the same same same same. We all requested for BIGGER SCALE like 1/8 and 1/6, instead we keep getting 1/15 1/15 1/15. We all requested for better faces, instead we continue to see a lack of improvement... Honestly, I've purchased the recent Max Factory, Figmas, Banpresto, and even the tiny capsule toy sets, and all of them have better faces!!!

These are all things that the community have wished for, but it seems like no one at AOW seems to care to address them.

Once again, I am sorry for such an fiery email. I've been a loyal customer of AOW for over a decade now, so I hope you can understand my frustration. I don't mean to attack you, but it's come to a point where I can no longer hold back.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,
Derek

^Thats mail is PERFECT, Derek!

Theoden said:
Why don't you put here a mail that we could send together, to unite? This way they would receive this mail from many of us, and see that some people think the same way.

And this is a perfect idea too! I was pondering about something similar actually.. We would seem much more united I think.

Genome said:

A famous French guy said once "il suffirait que plus personne n'achète pour que sa ne se vende plus." : "it is sufficient that nobody buys for it is not sell anymore" meaning, costumers have the power to make a company change. If nobody buy, they would think twice before making those.

Ha, You refering to Mr Kenji Kun ? :slan: He is the one, with DirectDk, you push me to start a berserk collection!

Refer to this Diorama, if the price was around 20000 yen, i woulf buy it, for sure but for this price, it s just a joke !

I am agree with the idea to send an email to art of war! As theoden said, if if can have a standard mail to send in order to send it all,it ll be nice.

Thans for Derek! Your email was perfect !

DirectDK said:
And the Griffith one is already so similar to the one that comes in the exclusive God Hand set (which is cheaper than these two figures!!!!!)

That griffith was a FREE, YES FUCKIN FREE attachments for the godhand exclusive set.

FROM FREE to 250$ AOW you just rocked my ass. :mozgus:

G

Genome

Nope :serpico: it's Coluche, a one man show artist and political figure in France in the 80's

Stardustgatzu said:
Ha, You refering to Mr Kenji Kun ?

Nice mail DirectDK, lets hope Japanese (well actually at AOW there are almost all Chinese, I have been to the office, I know what I say :serpico:) will understand the meaning of "wayyyyyyy" or repetition, it's really in their culture.

This is my mail to AOW:

object: Costumers = stupid ?

Dear Art Of War,

We have been in contact to try to make out a nice and original project with some of my photo work. It turns out it didn't work. That's bad but never mind.

Your service send me, and to all the AOW customers too, a questionnaire few years ago. We all reply to it and the statue we wanted and which have been selected by you was the Guts & Casca scene during the Eclipse. We nearly waited 2 years for this one and the result is a deep, deep, deep ugly statues without any respect for faces and scales. Seriously look at Guts back VS his face and have a look to the manga 13 cover!

Actually, since 3/4 years, I believe that most of your product are too expensive, ugly, repaint or re-used statues. I know that all Berserk community is out of his mind knowing that soon a re-paint version of Griffth (and small) and a Void with little changes (also small) is coming out.

It looks, definitely, like AOW is taking Berserk fans (their costumers) for stupid persons. That's why I don't buy AOW product anymore except if nice piece is coming out (pretty rare). Pepole want new thing, and original work, you give them shits like Iphone cases, B5 Acrylic Panel for almost 30,000 yens the set of 4 (must cost you 10$ to print those, seriously). I came with original project and I believe that other Berserk fans did too. It's your choose to don't accept them and I don't blame for that but, at least, made interesting product for fare prices.

All the community think that way and we are ready to definitely stop buy from AOW unless nice and fare price product come out. Now, this represent the overseas customers, we don't know much about Japanese customers but since you are making only 50 or 100 units of your lasts products, and counting the members of our community, I believe that you don't have much Japanese costumers left. Will you outwear if your overseas customers leave too?

My message is aggressive and I won't make any apologies on it because you are considering us as shits.

Regards.

I think DirectDK's email encompasses our collective frustrations with AOW's recent run of products well. I'd been holding off on the questionnaire cos at the back of my mind I knew it wouldn't change anything. But, I will however fill it out over the weekend and email it to them in an effort to participate and give an opinion. I skipped purchasing the Griffith bust statue, the recent Zodd with Guts attachment statue and now this statue. While it's good on my wallet, it's frustrating to see a high price tag when there's nothing to justify it, be it the quality of the statue or scale.

G

Genome

I think that with our various email, AOW staff will, probably, organizes a special meeting tomorrow... Maybe.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Genome said:

In my point of view, AOW is really disappointing those last 3/4 years (with exception of course like the 20th anniversary or Skullknight on horse). Old statues are, most of them, really nice and with a "normal" price.

You make me laugh man. AOW was always lazy. The few great statues they made over the years have become the exception rather than the rule. You say they got worse and it's true, but the truth is also that a lot of their older stuff was pretty bad in some regards (faces/likeness, postures) as well, and people (myself included) were already saying it almost 10 years ago.

What's really changed is that their prices go ever higher with each release (and they didn't start low), and that they don't even attempt anything truly new anymore. And why is that? Like you said, because they've got a quasi-monopoly, and so people kept buying regardless of what was released over the years, which in turn encouraged AOW to get even more abusive. But that cycle should have been broken long, long ago. I feel that it's too late now. What the fanbase needs is for new companies to get into Berserk merchandise.

DirectDK said:
I just sent them my email without seeing your post first. Well if you want to see what I wrote in a fury, here it is:

I think it's great. Straightforward, heartfelt, delivering the truth without pulling punches and while staying respectful. Unfortunately though I'm not hopeful about its impact on their policy... When have they ever cared?

Top Bottom