Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 31

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 31 (03/03/2013): &

We discuss the origins of two young characters, how they've been perceived, and where they're headed. Aaz and Griff bury the 3DS hatchet and Walter shares a steamy Ghostbusters fanfiction concept.

Podcast Notes:
0:01:20 Isidro's origins
0:17:10 Future Isidro/Time Jump
0:25:10 Schierke's reception
0:39:15 Lisa Simpson
0:43:20 Guts & Schierke
0:51:04 Schierke & Isidro
1:07:48 Griffith's big news
1:12:50 Outtakes (3DS; Kagan's podcast debut; Crimson Shroud; Ghostbusters alternate ending, etc.)
1:30:22 --End--

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Way to go Griff!

Great job on the podcast. I've been looking forward to this one for a long time. I hope you guys revisit Schierke again in a future podcast. You guys pretty much discussed just about everything, but I would listen to a 20-hours-straight discussion on my favorite character.

I'm sure upcoming episodes will have tons of great Schierke material to discuss, especially when they reach Elfhelm and they're surrounded by magic users.

It's funny Griffith brought up Lisa Simpson. That's actually a comparison I've made before in my own head when trying to pinpoint why Schierke's personality is so great. Particularly earlier seasons of The Simpsons. Schierke's crush on Guts sort of reminds me of Lisa & Mr. Bergstrom, the substitute teacher. And while Lisa was wide and mature beyond her age, she was still a little kid. That's why I love little moments like her awkwardly high fiving Isidro.

Good good job. Maybe one day that baby will podcast with you guys.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
I've really been enjoying these character-centered podcasts, so I'm trying to savor them before the material runs out. :troll: It was especially interesting to hear so much about Isidro, who (at least to me) seems to get pushed aside in favor or Schierke and Farnese when people get to talking about Team Guts.

And congrats, Griff! It sounds like it all went off without a hitch, what a sweet story! Gobs and I also have an early May anniversary, and I sympathize with wanting to keep your wedding at around that time. The only trouble with that is it starts getting into the wedding season, I guess.

Gobolatula said:
Hopefully by then he'll be able to burp on command! :ganishka:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Very nice podcast again guys. I'm glad to hear Walter bring up Dark Souls at every possible opportunity. The topic of "love interests" is something that would be a good podcast in itself maybe. You have Guts/Casca, Farnese/Roderick, Schierke/Isidro, and Puck/Ivalera(if you wanna go there). Who does Serpico have? Will he get somebody in the future or will that sort of "odd man out" situation come into play at some point? I guess just a Farnese/Serpico podcast would be good though.

Anyway, congrats Griffith! If the admins all come down for your wedding we should find some way to do something together here in California (as in the west coasters). You guys are making me want a 3DS so much more now. I really want to try out some of these games.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
I've really been enjoying these character-centered podcasts, so I'm trying to savor them before the material runs out. :troll:
Well, we didn't knock all of them out of the park, the God Hand for example. So there's always room to revisit them. But I'm sure we'll also be revisiting some of the older topics as things change over the course of the series. Anyway, we still have quite a few more characters to do before we hit a brick wall, and we haven't truly explored many "themes" yet either, which is something I've been itching to do since the start. It's just difficult because it's more abstract.

It was especially interesting to hear so much about Isidro, who (at least to me) seems to get pushed aside in favor or Schierke and Farnese when people get to talking about Team Guts.
Yeah, prior to now he's gotten a noticeably low amount of discussion, which is weird considering that all three of us really like him. I guess it could be because he's one of those characters who is so easy to read that we never thought to discuss him much.

Dar Klink said:
Very nice podcast again guys. I'm glad to hear Walter bring up Dark Souls at every possible opportunity.
It's a result of me thinking about DS ALL OF THE TIME :magni:

Who does Serpico have? Will he get somebody in the future or will that sort of "odd man out" situation come into play at some point? I guess just a Farnese/Serpico podcast would be good though.
Request granted: Episode 29 (Farnese, Serpico, Azan).

Gobolatula said:
Great job on the podcast. I've been looking forward to this one for a long time. I hope you guys revisit Schierke again in a future podcast. You guys pretty much discussed just about everything, but I would listen to a 20-hours-straight discussion on my favorite character.
It's true we could have said more about Schierke, and certainly we will, but I was on a 1 hour deadline for baby duty on this one, and that's likely going to be a constant moving forward.

Geez, I hope he doesn't find my Berserk volumes too young... what am I going to do with these things...?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Thanks for the congratulations and well wishes everyone. I am glad to join the brotherhood and indeed, we're already running into complications from the dreaded "wedding season." It'll all work out though. :griffnotevil:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Felicidades Griffith!

As for Isidro and Schierke, at the moment Schierke has a major role in the story with all the fantasy creatures emerging. I hope Isidro gets to have some more time, but I"m not too worried about him for now, I know Miura will have a good story for him. I can see a time jump happening after arriving at Elfheim. 2 or 3 years seems possible for the ones Miura has done in the past.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Griffith said:
Thanks for the congratulations and well wishes everyone. I am glad to join the brotherhood and indeed, we're already running into complications from the dreaded "wedding season." It'll all work out though. :griffnotevil:
And passing down the torch we say: Be the wooden indian and say "yes dear". Make sure you tell lucky future Mrs. Griffith that not matter how well planned it is... There's always going to be complications or something may not go as planned. Therefor it's important that both of you enjoy it no matter what.

Top Bottom