Ducktales Remastered

I'm a fan of a lot of classic games and one of my Capcom favorites is Ducktales for the NES. I was surprised to find out they are doing a remaster for the Wii Channel, Xbox Arcade and PS Network:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N0PzqF9gWY

Looks pretty good, I'm crossing my fingers for a decent remake. They are including all the old levels along with new ones and additional bosses. Also they got many of the actors and actresses still alive from the cartoon show like Alan Young who is coming back to voice act Scrooge (Young is 91 years old now!).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The original is one of my favorite games of that era. Such fond memories... and such a great wellspring of nostalgia to tap into for WayForward. That being said, their games seem to be hit or miss these days. The level design in the video looks pretty simple and boring, so hopefully it's just a result of this being an early version of the game.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Saw that a few days ago when it was announced and was happily surprised. Still, I'm wary of how they'll do it. Maybe I'm just being an old far, but for some reason the new graphics just don't do it for me as much as the old ones did, and the levels/gameplay so far don't seem to go beyond the minimum required. We'll see.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Viral Harvest said:
Here's hoping for a Rescue Rangers remake to follow. Keeping my eye on this for sure.

Hahaha, that could be fun actually. Still, those seem to be banking a little too much on nostalgia for my taste.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Beast of Darkness said:
I wish Sega could do the same with Castle of Illusion and World of Illusion...

Have you tried the 3DS version of Epic Mickey? It tried to catch that same vibe (even the title, Power of Illusion, is a reference). Reviews were mixed though.

Aazealh said:
Have you tried the 3DS version of Epic Mickey? It tried to catch that same vibe (even the title, Power of Illusion, is a reference). Reviews were mixed though.

Yep, I've tried the demo. I thought that it was nice, they even reused the bouncing sound that Mickey does when he bounce on an enemy in Castle of Illusion. :iva:
Certainly a future purchase... but not at full price.

It's heading to Steam http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/06/04/ducktales-remastered-confirmed-for-pc

Top Bottom