Author Topic: Dark Souls II  (Read 34392 times)

Offline Delta Phi

• Sylph Sword
  • Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
  • Grail Serpico!
Re: Dark Souls II
« Reply #275 on: October 24, 2014, 04:10:52 PM »
Dark Souls 2 DLC may be the peak of the whole series
http://kotaku.com/dark-souls-ii-s-dlc-may-be-the-peak-of-the-whole-series-1648785586
I concur, as long as you count all 3 as a whole, since they extend and wrap up the Manus Story from the 1st game

That's a pretty bold statement. I thought the 2/3 DLC that I've played were great, but not the pinnacle. Or maybe my judgement was clouded by just how underwhelming DkS2 was in general. Nothing in DkS2 captures the feeling I still have while playing the first game. Parts of the DLC got close, but nothing was the same.

Offline TheBranded1

• The Terminator
  • Of the Vortex
  • I'll be back.
« Reply #276 on: October 27, 2014, 03:32:43 AM »

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #277 on: October 27, 2014, 12:28:13 PM »

http://thenextdigit.com/13836/golden-joystick-awards-2014-winners-list/

Dark souls won game if the year :ubik:

That's a uh... interesting site. Sponsored by a digital games vendor.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #278 on: October 27, 2014, 05:43:07 PM »

http://thenextdigit.com/13836/golden-joystick-awards-2014-winners-list/

Dark souls won game if the year :ubik:

I like how none of the games listed is played with a joystick.

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #279 on: November 08, 2014, 07:17:25 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMU41taZJLw

Like their movie brethren, these are all fantastically on point.

Offline VengeanceQuest982

« Reply #280 on: November 26, 2014, 05:27:57 AM »
Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin PS4/XB1 4.7.15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0GxBZcVmHc

Offline Delta Phi

• Sylph Sword
  • Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
  • Grail Serpico!
« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2014, 05:43:06 AM »
Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin PS4/XB1 4.7.15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0GxBZcVmHc

Well…there you have it.

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #282 on: May 18, 2015, 04:48:45 PM »
So I've finally started Dark Souls 2  :guts: I got the Scholar Of the First Sin edition which comes with the latest patches and all DLC. I played for about 10 hours or so, I just cleared out this forest and entered a fog gate under a waterfall where I managed to defeat several skeletal Bosses and their spawns (on my first try!). Now I've entered a poisonous swamp type land it seems, and that's where I stopped for now.

It feels good to be back playing a souls game, but everything seems recycled from DS1, only lacking aesthetically. Yea the frame rate is better, it runs smoother I guess, but I still prefer the "look" and "feel" of the first one. It just doesn't have that same vibe to it. It's as if a different developer tried to make the best possible imitation of DS1. It's a great copy, but it's not the same. I'm still enjoying it, but the original was just so goddamn amazing.

If this can be answered without spoilers, I'd like to know how and when the DLC should be played? Is it like the DLC for DS1 when you need to have reached a certain point and then you can go for it whenever you feel ready??

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #283 on: May 18, 2015, 06:24:18 PM »
If this can be answered without spoilers, I'd like to know how and when the DLC should be played? Is it like the DLC for DS1 when you need to have reached a certain point and then you can go for it whenever you feel ready??

There are gates leading to each DLC placed in specific areas, you'll know them when you see them. They can be played at any time, whenever you see them or after you finish the game (you have the choice to keep playing instead of directly restarting a NG+).

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #284 on: February 27, 2016, 02:51:32 AM »
So I've been playing this sporadically over the last few months trying to finish off a few of the things that I never got around to doing and I'm proud to say that after many, MANY attempts I finally killed those two giant tiger pets in the Frigid Outskirts in the final DLC area. Man that was a tough one. I'm not online anymore either but I did summon some npc help. Of course typical Dark Souls fashion the whole journey there and the subsequent battle took me many tries but on the try that I actually beat it, it was really easy and I don't think I took any damage at all.

Now if I can just beat the Darklurker boss I'd have done everything just about.

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #285 on: April 24, 2016, 10:05:28 PM »
I recently started this up again in lieu of dropping $60 on DS3 at this time. I had lost my level 100+ swordsman to a dead hard drive (why doesn't DS2 have cloud storage when even 1 does!?), so I'm playing a sorcerer this time because I didn't want to do the exact same shit again and wow is this better for me. I had heard it was supposed to be much tougher to start but i feel invincible, I do still remember all my dodging skills but hardly anybody gets close enough for me to use them. I realize I was really banging my head against a wall before dueling every fucking enemy before. Thing is, I still can if I want to, gonna grab the fire sword in the forest of giants in case anybody gets too close. That and a decent shield should allow me to pick and choose my spots to safely cast until any enemy or boss is dead.

Edit: It probably didn't help my melee experience that I chose a dual wielding swordsman instead of using a, ya know, shield. It's coming in handy now though.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:44:19 PM by Griffith »