Berserk Hiatus for 19+ Weeks—A New Record

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if the man is working on Berserk or not. I'm not going to deny him, nor hold against him taking his time to do what he wants to do. He doesn't have to prove or justify any break with quality and quantity to me.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Berserk Hiatus for 19+ Weeks—A New Record

JezzaX said:
Whilst I would have thought we would know by now, is there any indication as to if we will get anything on the 24th? Or can we expect the record to pushed to at least 23 weeks?
I check sources very regularly. If there was news to post, I would post it.

The official source is always here: http://www.younganimal.com/magazine/next.html If you see a picture of Berserk that's not an ad for the anime, then it generally means there will be an episode. However, that page isn't updated very quickly between releases. The fastest results are found by following along the Japanese forum here: http://kohada.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/comic/1368273180/ They regularly know of the contents of Young Animal releases weeks ahead of time.

Brilliant, thanks for that Walter, I will keep checking in. Maybe the forum should do a wager for the date the next episode is published? :iva:

Deci

I'm willing to wager we'll get news around the time of the release of Descent to Blu-Ray/DVD. So a new episode in July is my bet. =) :troll:

I also guess it'll be 3-5 episodes concurrently before another "break".

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
I'm willing to wager we'll get news around the time of the release of Descent to Blu-Ray/DVD. So a new episode in July is my bet. =) :troll:

I also guess it'll be 3-5 episodes concurrently before another "break".
Are we making wagers with credibility or money?

with all the breaks there have been i can only think of what is too come. With that said I think and maybe others too the best thing is go back and reread all the Volumes. Each time i do i do not read for the words but i go back and enjoy the art work that i had missed the first time around. [

Good thing, just like the others, I've got work and college to keep me busy during this current publication break :serpico:
Given the length of time Miura is dedicating for the several upcoming episodes, I've got a feeling that we might be in for yet another slight evolution in his art style, with the characters' physical appearance becoming even more realistic and the backgrounds all the more enrichened, three dimensional.

Walter said:
Are we making wagers with credibility or money?

How about post count rankings? :troll:
If the guy gets it right, and the next Berserk episode is indeed published in July, his forum rank will automatically and unconditionally be upgraded to if not "Abyss", then at least "Nexus" status. But if he's wrong, he shall forever remain trapped in the Interstice, with his post count never going up over the 17 he's got now already. And that's no matter how many times he posts in the future.
So how 'bout it Deci? You willing to step on up to the challenge? :daiba:

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Given how great the anticipation is for Elfhelm, I say he should take all the time he needs to perfect it. It's definitely going to be emotional.

I honestly don't mind the breaks or should i say break because this is my first one. It makes the release of the next episode just that much sweeter, but it's just my luck that i get into the series during its record breaking hiatus. lol Miura can take as much time as he needs and wants, i'll be here waiting for the next brilliant episode of Berserk.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I had that same attitude during my first Berserk Hiatus a few years ago. This break however has been grueling and I'm starting to wither away!

Still remember almost every panel from the last set of episodes without having gone back to them, maybe because they were that exciting. I've sat through a year and a half of a HxH hiatus, so this isn't bad at all.

In a way, I owe a lot to the release schedule of Berserk. I've applied the same temperance to this enormous Breaking Bad gap (a year or a little over I think, picking back up in August?). So the patience Berserk has taught me has been invaluable.

Deci

Johnny Apples said:
How about post count rankings? :troll:
If the guy gets it right, and the next Berserk episode is indeed published in July, his forum rank will automatically and unconditionally be upgraded to if not "Abyss", then at least "Nexus" status. But if he's wrong, he shall forever remain trapped in the Interstice, with his post count never going up over the 17 he's got now already. And that's no matter how many times he posts in the future.
So how 'bout it Deci? You willing to step on up to the challenge? :daiba:

:serpico: Sure why not. =P

Re: Berserk Hiatus for 19+ Weeks—A New Record

Handmade_lion said:
In a way, I owe a lot to the release schedule of Berserk. I've applied the same temperance to this enormous Breaking Bad gap (a year or a little over I think, picking back up in August?). So the patience Berserk has taught me has been invaluable.

I would sacrifice everyone I've ever known or loved to the God Hand for the Berserk story to be produced as fast as Breaking Bad. 2008-2013 could never compare to 1989-[who knows?]. If you can stomach the wait for Berserk, you can stomach the wait for anything. Now I'm imagining some parallel universe where the final volume of Berserk was released in 1995.

I starting to feel this is a pretty exceptional break between episodes myself. I wonder if Miura might check in with via YA if the break continues.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Bramwell said:
I'm just so anxious even for a peek at elf island. Great timing for the longest break ever :ganishka:

Just making sure the peek is appropriately breathtaking. :slan:

I am sure Miura is preparing a few episodes now that Falconia will be revealed with probably smaller breaks like do it monthly for a while to keep things interesting. Griffith will surely make a cameo too, since Rickert returned with new Band of the Falcon and since he's from old one, I suppose he might be taken to Griffith or he just might request to meet him.

So the next issue would mark a 24 week hiatus? And if not then, 26 weeks? Just trying to keep track of this thing.

And according to my post history, I started cutting on April 30th, and am now bleeding profusely.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BerserkMJM said:
So the next issue would mark a 24 week hiatus? And if not then, 26 weeks? Just trying to keep track of this thing.
We already know it's not coming out in the next issue (Check this website http://www.younganimal.com/magazine/next.html). The issue after that will land on June 28, which would indeed be 26 weeks since the last one—half a year.

Walter said:
The issue after that will land on June 28, which would indeed be 26 weeks since the last one—half a year.

Yowch! I'm sure it'll be steller, but that's a long break. Fingers crossed for full page spreads and more frequent releases after the next one.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I just want to get Elfhelm over with and after that he can wait a year between episodes as far as I'm concerned.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
KazigluBey said:
I just want to get Elfhelm over with and after that he can wait a year between episodes as far as I'm concerned.
I really have a feeling that once we get a taste of the island, you aren't going to feel that way.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Hard to say. After SK ushered fourth the new world with his sword my interest has waned. Elfhelm is the big payoff we've been waiting for ever since Puck brought it up. Will be nice to finally have a mentally restored Casca after all this time. I don't mean over with as in it's just something to get by as fast as possible, but more like this is what I've been waiting for for years. After the Elfhelm experience I'll be satisfied to the point where I won't be worried about how long it takes for the rest of the story to unfold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom