Berserk Hiatus for 19+ Weeks—A New Record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind me -- I just wanted to post something that I found on Tumblr.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/shonenmanga/archives/30868454.html

I don't know what to think of it, or if it's in any way reliable -- I just found it 5 minuets ago.
Any thoughts on this? I just figured I would bring everyone's attention to it.

I figured nothing was going to come out of it to begin with, I just wanted the forums opinion on it to find out what it was about.

As I said, don't mind me! Continue the discussion! :casca:

If those news are reliable,then it seems Miura's health is in poor condition alas the hiatus and it seems he wants to resume Berserk this fall.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lukis said:
If those news are reliable,then it seems Miura's health is in poor condition alas the hiatus and it seems he wants to resume Berserk this fall.
How about we don't base our conclusions on blogs of questionable veracity?

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Seems like there is a note (fake?) from Young Animal below the first post as well... The thought that Miura might be sick enough to require long term recovery deeply saddens me. Let's just hope these news aren't true. If they aren't, I find it pretty weird that no official explanation came to our ears about the hiatus, especially after all this time. Its not that I'm impatient. Hell, I would wait another year if I had to. Its just that I'm wondering if its common to be THAT much in the dark about the publication breaks of a manga series as important as Berserk?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sammoniac said:
Seems like there is a note (fake?) from Young Animal below the first post as well... The thought that Miura might be sick enough to require long term recovery deeply saddens me. Let's just hope these news aren't true.
You can take it from me that I've looked closely into it and concluded that those posts are made up. As noted, no proof in the form of a scanned image of the text has surfaced in the month since it first was posted. When Miura makes controversial comments, images are posted. Also no actual news outlets have run with the news since then, despite it being a relatively big story in the manga world if it were real.

It's just "fans" trying to stir shit up in the place of any actual news. We've been through such things many times before. Which is why I'd prefer it if we dropped this and stopped helping the spread of it.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
BTW, I asked about this rumor on the wall of their Facebook, yesterday.
I'm still waiting for their reply.

Walter said:
It's just "fans" trying to stir shit up in the place of any actual news. We've been through such things many times before. Which is why I'd prefer it if we dropped this and stopped helping the spread of it.

Agreed. I've searched the net day and night aswell, nothing but this one weird paragraph.
Before any scientific proof, all I can think about is how great we will feel when we will have the next volume in our hands, whether it will be this year, or the next one, or the one after it.

Miura is 46 years old, I am 24 years old, he got time, I've got time, we've all got plenty of time

By the way, It's probably not the right place to say it, but I'm new, nice to meet you guys, been lurking alot since a few days, and I must say this forum is great and its community seems to have great values of respect, intelligence and humour :ubik:

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
d6fh.png

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Cool. But that particular rumor was the more outlandish of the two. Either way, glad we can now officially move on...

Apologies if I stirred up the wrong kind of news, I just felt it appropriate to post 'findings' so we could sort it out just like this. I had a strong feeling it was fake the moment I saw it, but I had to make sure.
I have no idea how to find out its legitimacy myself, so I handed i over to the professionals.

Thank you for clearing it up! :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
No Berserk in the first issue of Sept. Next possibility is Sept. 27.

I read an unconfirmed report from a 2ch user that Berserk will resume in the next issue. It's just as credible as the previous bogus rumor though, so we'll just have to wait and see.

We won't know for sure until Sept. 13 or so, but I figured if a negative rumor can circulate, why not a positive one? :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
There will be no Berserk in the Sept. 27 issue of Young Animal. Next opportunity will be Oct. 11.

However, in the Sept. 27 issue, Miura and two other mangaka will be featured in a special comic drawn by Nico Nicholson (who has done a few goofy, interview-type comics on Miura in the past). Miura's friend Umino Chika (creator of March Comes in Like a Lion) and Kōji Mori (creator of Suicide Island and Destroy & Revolution) will also be included in the comic, according to 2ch.

I'll go ahead and say it before anyone else: Hey maybe they'll joke with Miura about the slow progress of the series :ganishka: :iva: :ubik: ..... :miura:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Thanks for the update, Walter! The special comic is honestly more than I expected this month, so that's already got me pumped. :ubik:

Deci

This could've been easily posted, and perhaps more appropriately, within the Speculation Nation forum, because at heart that's what it is. Though perhaps this will serve.

I am definitely going on a very wobbly limb here and trying to connect some dots that may need not connecting, but perhaps after the obvious travesty that was dubbed the Golden Age Arc Trilogy, Studio 4°C has decided to allow Mr. Miura some direct godfathering of any continuing story-boarding, animation, and direction, that the supposed "Berserk Saga" will take henceforce? The aforementioned dots being connected being the conclusion of Movie III of the Trilogy followed almost immediately by a, what I and surely some others refer to, a record-breaking worrisome-long break? Perhaps worrisome is the wrong word, but uhh... perplexing, maybe?

One can dream. :azan: Of course like I said, I feel this is really going on an a limb. Most likely, Miura would prefer it serve the purpose of introducing Berserk to the spotlight and hopefully drawing in more manga fans. Really, as die-hard fans, that's all we could really hope for.

Just a thought. I will continue to wait as patiently as possible for the next episode release, as well as this up-coming possible interview of sorts to maybe clear some things up!

EDIT: would like to apologize for ramblings, disjointedness, and all around disorientation of this post. Currently on a new night time medication from my doctor. -_-

I like that idea. I don't believe it at all, but i like it. I bet a possible next movie will again be without his involvment and a lot of content will be cut again. By the way, is there a speculation thread for a possible new movie?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rendarg said:
By the way, is there a speculation thread for a possible new movie?

No, although we already know what the next movie is meant to cover (the Lost Children chapter). Feel free to create a thread in the appropriate section if you wish to discuss it further.

Oh well, nevermind. I just wanted to write somewhere, that i'm betting my ass on it that the Lost Children Chapter will be completely cut and they just start with the tower, which would be a bit complicated because he meets Farnese and Serpico at the end of Lost Children. But hey, Studio 4°C are a creative bunch, aren't they? Considering how they placed in the meeting with Skull Knight... ("Struggler, i need to warn you... oh, bad timing, i see... could you... erm.. put some pants on?"). But if Lost Children is already official, thats pretty cool

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rendarg said:
Oh well, nevermind. I just wanted to write somewhere, that i'm betting my ass on it that the Lost Children Chapter will be completely cut and they just start with the tower, which would be a bit complicated because he meets Farnese and Serpico at the end of Lost Children.
They don't need Lost Children at all, if that's your only criteria. They already met at the ball! :troll:

And yeah... let's try to keep this thread on-topic guys. No anime discussion unless directly relevant to the current hiatus please. There's a whole section for anime talk.

good point, haha :ganishka:
my definition of meeting was more in a "kill-knights-get-captured-and-tortured-then-escape-and-kill-possessed-dogs-all-night"-way :guts:

anyway, to keep this thread here clean i picked up Aazealhs advice and made a seperate topic for it, here you go http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14070.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom