Pepakura

Down the line I'm hoping to do some Pepakura Berserk Helmets. To be honest I'm simply throwing myself into this.. I honestly never heard of Pepakura until last week. I watched a few tutorials to help me along. I didn't want to start with Berserk themed projects off the bat. Instead I'm going to start with things I enjoy otherwise, primarily video games. My first project is to do a 1:1 scale T45 Power Armor from the Fallout series. All armors parts will go from being cuts out, assembled, resin painted, bondo molded, sanded, various glazes and practical item applications being applied. Will be doing the ammo backpack/galting gun as well. Might venture into making a master to cast and replicate for friends. Thats a whole other ball game. I find these to be very rewarding 3D puzzles that I get to slowly bring to life.

Helmet 1 took me 3 days. I found a better model and will redo the helmet model entirely sadly. It was a good start to break me in. I'm now moving on to the body armor and will do the better helmet model last.

If anyone else has any Pepakura models please post them as well!

390758_10152770887780702_726131996_n.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Neat idea, Death! :serpico: I'm not too familiar with Pepakura myself, so this is an interesting intro. Are there Berserk "patterns" out there that already exist, or would you have to make your own? Either way, the armor you're working on already looks like it's coming along well!

Great job on the helmet so far. It looks great. I've done some stuff with Pepakura before but I have never tried to do a full suit of anything. Just a helmet/mask here a sword there. I also have yet to try and fiberglass anything because I just haven't had good weather which is surprising since its May.

As for Berserk I have searched *a lot* and have yet to find a Berserk Pepakura file to start with. I'm thinking you would have to make your own. The best I found were some 3d Beherits but small thing's like that are very hard to make using Pepakura.

I am currently working on a Dragon Priest mask from Skyrim myself. My first coat of resin on the one day I did have good weather didnt have enough hardener in it so it came out just badly colored by it. I hope to get a chance to redo the coat soon.

Image should be a good size now. Also turns out spoiler tags do not infact cover images very well.

qEV1ih7.jpg

It took a additional 3 days to do the torso chapter of the T45 POWER ARMOR. Lots of burnt fingers from hot glue. Not a bad interior strength design either, its pretty strong for just being think paper glued together.

UPDATE!

Slowly but surely. :void:

248158_10152823789145702_582496302_n.jpg

I had to do extensive study on equipment I never heard of until interacting with this project. I made my own vacuum-table, my own heat cage, and I have yet to make my own roto-mold machine. Also have to study up on resin-fiber glass molding as well. So much of this is new to me. Hell, I hardly ever "hot glued" until discovering Pepakura.

Top Bottom