[AOW] Guts the Black Swordsman 1/10 Scale - Birth Ceremony Chapter

Size: 22cm (H) x 33cm (W) x 18cm (D) (1/10 scale)
Attachment: Base and serial number nameplate No. 1~50
Material: Polystone, metal
Released Date: May 2013
Created & Manufactured by ART OF WAR
Estimate delivery date: around June or July, 2013.

2 versions, one with the dead angel on the base and one without. Difference in price is marginal.

PH1368370816.jpg

More pictures here - http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/photos.php?gid=520

PH1368370887.jpg

More pictures here - http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/photos.php?gid=519

Looks like someone was in a rush to take pictures ^_~ - in the picture with the dead angel, the sword's handle isn't pushed all the way in.

Finally something new. NEW price standards too... ...

I pre-ordered the limited edition. It is actually not that bad for the current yen conversion.... ... 500$ for a quarlity painted statue sounds like what? OH yea we are ripped. :magni:

+1.

not sure if the dead angel is permanently stuck to the base so i opted for the without version.

EDIT: confirmed by AoW - dead angel will not be removable from base.

The pose is honestly boring. I'd have liked to see Guts in a pose where the DS is piercing the little fella. His armor looks like all shiny like he's not been in a battle as fierce as the one he was engaged in (being tossed around, hitting walls, etc.). Plus the cape looks like there's so much wind around and it's floating away!

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Is it just me or does Guts' face look better than ever before on an AoW statue?

Great comparison shots, thanks man!

The armor on the regular version does shine, prefer the bloody version's armor.

Skin tone too, bloody > regular.

Blood effects on the bloody > regular, especially the face. The blood on the face of the regular version looks like someone gauged his eyes out or tried to or he was crying blood or something ... almost to the point where it resembles face paint of one in a Blackmetal band.

Skin tone of dead apostle looks a bit dull as well.

Comparing faces, the color of the lip on the regular version I don't like as much and I think the brow's a bit different on both your versions (one's arched more than the other). Both face sculpts are the same though, right?

Did you request a special service on the first/ regular version, Armored_Berserk?

The face of regular ver is a bit disturbing to me... Other than that he looks fine. The death angel is a big plus for the regular ver. but it is not worth 50000yen ... ....did I mention AOW is being crazy on price lately :mozgus:

Top Bottom