Perler Beads

So here are some things I have been working on that I felt like sharing. They are pixel art versions of some of the Berserk characters in Perler bead form.

All credit for the Pixel Art these were made from goes to this guy: http://www.behance.net/gallery/8bit-rules-BERSERK/3876371

The biggest problem I had with these was the limited color choices for beads. As seen in all of them I am missing a shade or two that would have made them much better, but sadly there is no bead in that shade. I plan to do Zodd in his human form and Femto next.

Here is Guts as the Black Swordsman:
eKueebW.jpg

Guts under the influence of the Berserkers Armor:
m6XZG7D.jpg

Griffith as Commander of the Band of the Hawk:
LjQlx20.jpg

And finally the Beherit:
MxLX5M0.jpg

Heres afew more I have made. The next one I plan to work on is Zodd - Apostle Form, but its about 3 times bigger than any of the ones ive made so far. Its pretty big.

Anyways heres Zodd - Human Form
yv6rga0.jpg

This actually came out the worst in my opinion. The entire things feels a shade to light, but I had to work the the colors provided you know? I would have loved to have one more shade of brown though. Would have made it much better.

And then heres 2 non-Berserk related ones.

A Metroid
rl9BGfn.jpg

And Portal
R5KoEZQ.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool! Did you do the Zodd design "freehand" so to speak, or was it based on something. You should make some emoticons :daiba:

For all the the Berserk ones the bit designs came from here: http://www.behance.net/gallery/8bit-rules-BERSERK/3876371

I just edited the colors abit to work with what I had. Thank you very much though!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lenlo said:
For all the the Berserk ones the bit designs came from here: http://www.behance.net/gallery/8bit-rules-BERSERK/3876371
Not bad. Looks a little too "RPGMaker" to me though. It's also less of a task to make pixel art look that good at 64 pixels high. Try 21 :guts:

Walter said:
Not bad. Looks a little too "RPGMaker" to me though. It's also less of a task to make pixel art look that good at 64 pixels high. Try 21 :guts:
Oh im sure. It was actually the only pixel art of Berserk I could find though so if you manage to find any more please send them my way. I very much want to find a fully body one of Shierke or Serpico to do.

I actually made my own pixel art for a Link bead art I am going to do soon, so I cant wait to see how it comes out.

So some of my fellow co-workers noticed the one or two of these I keep on my desk and asked if they could have one to. One actually asked for all of the Final Fantasy 1 main characters.

So far I only have Red Mage, Black Mage and White Mage.
jLX9z3S.jpg

mUbDY9z.png

Heres one I made for myself.
G1TASUm.jpg

If the people at work keep asking for them I am gonna have to start charging for them cause beads cost money. Also I have yet to start on Apostle Zodd. I have to wait for my extra peg boards so that I have room to work with all the beads.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Nice work man! And yeah, in the words of that one guy from that one movie, "if you do something well, never do it for free. Especially if those beads cost money." :daiba:

Grail said:
Nice work man! And yeah, in the words of that one guy from that one movie, "if you do something well, never do it for free. Especially if those beads cost money." :daiba:
Its something I enjoy doing alot, so I didnt mind at first when I was just making them for myself and family. Now though I am making *alot* more often so I kinda need to. :ganishka:

Top Bottom