Is it possible that when Guts and the gang make it to elfhelm..?

...that the elf king would be able to heal Guts's eye as well as his forearm? I don't know why, Guts's is pretty badass without his right eye at times and it makes him look quite intimidating. But at times I just wish Guts's would come back to that more youthful handsome face he had pre-ecplise. Now let me be clear here, I'm not gay but I can tell when a guy would be considered good looking to a lot of girls. Anyways, I think the best physical trait Guts's had were his eyes, when that one apostle poked his eye out during the eclipse it made me pity him a bit. I used to feel the same way about his forearm, but now I think if the elf king were able to fix anything I would just want him to fix Guts eye's, that white spot on his hair, and all those scars he has....and his nails. I don't know why, but the cracks in his nails make me cringe whenever I see them. But yea his metal hand is just really awesome and it's shown to be too useful for Guts to just get rid of, plus I think it's super awesome how he smashes dudes faces in with one solid punch :guts: Oh and btw this is my first post, so I apologize if I made some mistakes anywhere here. Feel free to constructively criticize me if needed ;)

What do you guys think?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Pheonixking3000 said:
...that the elf king would be able to heal Guts's eye as well as his forearm? I don't know why, Guts's is pretty badass without his right eye at times and it makes him look quite intimidating. But at times I just wish Guts's would come back to that more youthful handsome face he had pre-ecplise. Now let me be clear here, I'm not gay but I can tell when a guy would be considered good looking to a lot of girls. Anyways, I think the best physical trait Guts's had were his eyes, when that one apostle poked his eye out during the eclipse it made me pity him a bit. I used to feel the same way about his forearm, but now I think if the elf king were able to fix anything I would just want him to fix Guts eye's, that white spot on his hair, and all those scars he has....and his nails. I don't know why, but the cracks in his nails make me cringe whenever I see them. But yea his metal hand is just really awesome and it's shown to be too useful for Guts to just get rid of, plus I think it's super awesome how he smashes dudes faces in with one solid punch :guts: Oh and btw this is my first post, so I apologize if I made some mistakes anywhere here. Feel free to constructively criticize me if needed ;)

What do you guys think?
It's been brought up for discussion a few times before (2007, 2008).

Like I said in those threads, I don't think it's likely because those injuries are reminders of what Guts has been through. Making them magically disappear would lessen the impact of the Eclipse, and I believe would thematically weaken Guts as a character.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
KazigluBey said:
Maybe he'll be offered the chance of being healed and turns it down.
That came to mind when I read Pheonix's post as well, but something tells me it would be outside the power of the King of the Flower Storm; hard to regenerate something that's not there (though apostles seemingly can do it, even Zodd has to reattach his limbs, he doesn't regen a bran new arm) unlike Casca's mental state, which we can surmise is simply being blocked or buried deep in her psyche. Plus, even the option being presented, to me, would lessen the importance of his injuring like Walter said.

I definitely think the superficial scars and injuries are likely to be healed, or lessened in the case of Slan's scar.

Walter said:
It's been brought up for discussion a few times before (2007, 2008).

Like I said in those threads, I don't think it's likely because those injuries are reminders of what Guts has been through. Making them magically disappear would lessen the impact of the Eclipse, and I believe would thematically weaken Guts as a character.

Maybe it would be too early for him to have all that fixed so soon but still, I don't understand how that would lesson Guts as a character. He's just getting his scars, eye, and hair healed, it's not like he's losing all the memories of the horrible experiences he has gone through. If anything it would strengthen him as a character as it would symbolize that he has grown past the eclipse and can now live peacefully. However, I do see him being offered to have his eye back but then refusing like kazigluBleu said. I can see it going like this with the Elf King saying "I can fix that eye of yours if you want" or "You sure you don't want me to fix that eye of yours?" and Gut's being like "No not yet, not until I destroy the God Hand". But I don't see why he wouldn't go back after he gets his vengeance on Griffith. To me, he keeps those scars and injuries for now because it sort of feeds that berserk rage he's got going on right now. Plus I think it's also a way of self punishment as he seems to have a bit of self hatred ever since killing Gambino and I think he also blames himself a little for what happened to the Hawks. I think towards the end of the story he will learn to forgive himself and let himself be healed, but he will never forget what happened.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I also think it's important that his wounds remain because if Casca's memory is revived she'll see first hand all he has gone through to protect her. Those injuries speak volumes.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Pheonixking3000 said:
Maybe it would be too early for him to have all that fixed so soon but still, I don't understand how that would lesson Guts as a character. He's just getting his scars, eye, and hair healed, it's not like he's losing all the memories of the horrible experiences he has gone through.

It lessens him as a character. Miura created Guts with those injuries. That's the "real" him.

Top Bottom