Votes: 32 22.1%

Votes: 29 20.0%

Votes: 32 22.1%

Votes: 34 23.4%

• Total voters

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
IcePuck said:
And that's that. I do hope more Berserk animation gets done, but kind of a shame if it has to be Studio 4C. I don't think they have much potential for greatness. At best, stuff they do will be passable.

This makes me sad, as Studio4C has done some great stuff in the past that I loved. I'm so disappointed that they threw together a team that had no idea what they were doing with Berserk. They wouldn't have been my first choice as a studio, but they definitely wouldn't have been my last.

If you don't believe me, check out Mind Game, Tekkon Kinkreet, and especially Memories, which has a segment directed by Satoshi Kon. Berserk really doesn't fit into their niche of "experimental/artsy" films at all and they treated it like an experiment in creating cheap 3D CGI with little thought put into anything else(and that experiment failed).

Deci

I gave it two stars only because somehow I managed to make it through it without turning it off or yelling at my TV at any point.

It's an incredibly horrible adaptation. It's more than obvious the direction has no clue what Berserk is, on any level. Even just as a movie it's pretty bad. I have a recurring thought that they are just testing mixing CG animation with 2D animation and decided Berserk was a good medium to test it on.

I still stand by my ultimate distaste of how Casca and Guts sex scene was shown, built up to, and transitioned out of (immediately inside Wyndham) but it's at the top of a very long list I don't really want to even make. Even Guts' face gets on my nerves a lot.

I wonder if at this rate they'll skip to Guts wandering through the woods and fighting the quasi-apostles protecting The Misty Valley, with no introduction to Jill, her father, or the village altogether. Seriously. :judo:

But hey, Skull Knight was cool...

ApostleBob said:
Not trying to attack you here Hama, but there are some pretty serious flaws in your argument or at least in your standards for adaptations in general. By your logic as I understand it, as soon as you deviate in any way from the source material in an adaptation, you have utterly corrupted it. By this standard, every film or TV adaptation of a work from another media (comic, novel, biography, etc) is a complete failure. If that's your stance, then why on earth would you ever watch an adaptation of anything? :azan:

But I never said "thats my standards for adaptations in general." Of course now I can totally see why you would think so but my point is that a story as deep and dramatically complicated as Berserk (didnt wanna use that sentence since theres no work quite like Berserk - that I know of) REALLY IS THAT DELICATE, that even the slightest change can F it up completely. Someone mentioned TWD, which I think is another splendid example here, but I´d say thats even worse than this actually, obviously not in terms of what the source material suffers, just the adaptation itself.

Aazealh said:
But there could have been a lot of alterations made while still doing justice to the original material. No one was ever expecting a 1:1 adaptation with black and white still slides showing on screen. However there's a middle ground between that and what we got.

Of course, I get that. I was kinda trying a bit too hard and deliberately exaggerated to make my point... sloppy I know, not really that good at explaining stuff, Im sure ya'll noticed :farnese:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUN25-zOrPU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbUN25-zOrPU :magni:

EDIT: This one´s even better :troll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1G9lkECe1s

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hanma_Baki said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUN25-zOrPU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbUN25-zOrPU :magni:
I think this is what Heisenberg meant when he said there were positive reviews out there :troll:

I finally got to watch it so here's what I think of it.

First off I want to give it a 1.5 stars, but since I cant I'm going to round down to not give it to much credit. Twas better than the first 2, but that's not saying much. There are a lot of things that were just horrible with the movie. I felt that in a lot of the scenes the music was badly chosen ((The music itself was alright, just rarely fit what was going on on screen)), characters were misrepresented or didn't get their final moments ((Judeau, Gaston, Silat just to name a few)) and that there were some things that they could have fit in to make it flat out better but didn't.

The ending was also a poor choice. Why the fields? Couldn't have added another 20-30 minutes for Godot, the Pig apostle, Demon baby or the Dragon Slayer? I feel those extra 30 minutes would have been worth it. Try and end on a high note you know? Anyways here's just a complete list of the things I had a problem with or felt were alright. I'm sure I missed some things but I was to busy cringing.

I don't really think they should be lauded for including things that should have been in the movie no matter what, but seeing as they still missed some important ones I'm going to give them these.
-SK looked great. Coulda done a bit more with him, but he looked great.
-I'm glad they got Corkus little line about always wanting to lead a charge like that. I half expected them to miss it.
-SK's swipe at Void. Similar with Corkus, I kinda expected them to just forget it.

Here's a few things that angered me, but I can live with
-Void's entrance wasn't what I hoped it to be.
-Odd choice of Beherit transformation
-Why a blue Eclipse?
-Skipping straight to being in the castle...
-Griffith's whole cell scene in the beginning.
-Guts entrance and fight with Silat.
-Griffiths smile's to Guts just looked evil in the movie.

And now for the list of the biiiig problems I had.
-Silat. He looked like a villainous bad guy, with nothing else going for him. I like the character and they ruined his entrance into the series if they make more of these ((Please don't))
-Both the rape with Femto and the Guts/Casca scene left me really disappointed.
-Both Judeau and Gaston's last moments. Neither were what I was hoping for ((And I love Gaston. I dunno why, but hes a loveable dude.))
-Why not just come at and tell them Gaiseric is SK? That's pretty much what you did.
-The escape from the castle scene. It was to loud and I am disappointed they didn't manage to include the Bakiraka.
-No Wyald.
-Ubik came across was more malevolent than he should have in the mountain of corpses scene in my opinion.

And the big kicker for this list is... Guts almost overpowering/getting to Femto! Ding ding ding! We have a winner for most "What the hell did they add here" moment! Seriously... To me this just took away the whole feeling of hopelessness that scene first gave me when reading the series. By adding it into the movie it kinda ruined the Eclipse for me.

That's pretty much everything. There are some other small things I'm sad about, like the Noble outside the Tower who didn't get to give his "No man can kill 100 men" speech thing to his soldiers and then getting butchered, the fact that the king looked way to healthy in the movie ((Seriously, in the actual chapter the king did not look near that healthy.)) or that Guts was apparently a little go getter and got a particular scar afew volumes early.

Something I noticed on my rewatch that I don't think anybody's mentioned yet. During the attack on the Eclipse, the Skull Knight's horse was making the clip clop noise, even when it was flying through the air... :???:

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
I'm not going to write a detailed review, because a lot of how I feel about the movie has already been posted and reposted here many times. Some neat parts, but overall (having watched 3 attempts at this so far) I think Berserk functions best in the graphic novel medium, seeing as the team of knuckleheads who put this shit together are incapable of delivering the same quality and vision that Miura has, coupled with liberties taken that made me want to throw my remote through the damned television. Better than the '97 anime for sure, but as a whole it didn't evoke the same reaction in me as the manga. I'm not even trying to be an obnoxious manga purist in the least, I wanted to love this but all I really got out of this was eye candy, where at some parts was pretty ugly itself. A generous 2/5 stars. I'm already tired of this animation team.

Also, I'm not sure if it's been discussed here and I might have overlooked it, but what are the stand-out traits between the 15 and 18 version?

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Viral Harvest said:
I'm not going to write a detailed review, because a lot of how I feel about the movie has already been posted and reposted here many times. Some neat parts, but overall (having watched 3 attempts at this so far) I think Berserk functions best in the graphic novel medium, seeing as the team of knuckleheads who put this shit together are incapable of delivering the same quality and vision that Miura has, coupled with liberties taken that made me want to throw my remote through the damned television. Better than the '97 anime for sure, but as a whole it didn't evoke the same reaction in me as the manga. I'm not even trying to be an obnoxious manga purist in the least, I wanted to love this but all I really got out of this was eye candy, where at some parts was pretty ugly itself. A generous 2/5 stars. I'm already tired of this animation team.

Why do you think it's better than the anime? I'd say the anime was true to the story a heck of a lot more than the movies. If you mean visuals then yeah they are slightly better but nothing amazing. The 3D experiment was a failure.

KazigluBey said:
Why do you think it's better than the anime? I'd say the anime was true to the story a heck of a lot more than the movies. If you mean visuals then yeah they are slightly better but nothing amazing. The 3D experiment was a failure.
In general id say yeah the 3D failed, but there were some parts that I thought worked really really well in 3D ((Not all of them in this movie)). I would have to go back and rewatch the other ones to get a full list of the scenes I thought worked well, but there were def afew.

I think that they just need to practice and get better at it in house before they attempt it again on a big movie release.

Finished watching Movie 3 and while it's not quite the trainwreck I expected, it's still pretty awful in many ways. I've decided to break down my thoughts down to what I thought into a predictably lopsided list of pros and cons.

Pros

- The prison descent. Very good direction in regards to the Gaseric reveal, depicting the horrors of the prison, and following the torch to the branded corpses. Much of this was cut in the TV anime and the movie depicted it fairly well

-Scenes at the Hawks camp. The bulk of the character development happens here with many scenes from the manga faithfully adapted. Some great direction, art, and animation in spots. Thais may be the highlight of the whole movie.

-Skullknight. While he has been watered down somewhat in this adaptation, he was still a striking presence and as a character was handled adequately

-Pre-sacrifice Eclipse. The "introduction" to the eclipse was handled about as well as I reasonably expected. Once Griffith sacrifices his companions, it gets more dicey.

-SK vs Zodd. Not perfect, but cool enough on its own to be enjoyable

- Griffith character development. While nowhere near flawless in execution, he comes out the least tarnished in this film. Despite some remaining holes thanks to the previous two and a few odd direction choices, his motivations and emotions were fleshed out decently enough to make his scenes in the movie work better than those of most other primary characters.

-SK Eclipse rescue. Generally fine execution and a well done adaptation for the most part.

Cons

-Guts & Casca's character development. Guts is the worst offender. The lack of depicting his inner thoughts and fleshing out his many flashbacks and backstories is critical at this point. The reasons why he left and came back, why he's a natural struggler, etc remains elusive in the film adaptations and is only left to rather open interpretation. His relationship with Casca is also pretty undercooked--he loves Casca because...? (More on this later). Casca's individual depth is similarly lacking. Unsurprisingly, much of what does get fleshed out with these two is through their relationship with Griffith.

-Guts' glorious return. Why does he return? Who knows. To add insult to injury he has very little interaction with the other Hawks other than Casca afterwards. He just shows up because the plot demanded it. The lack of any scenes of his past years wandering is a seriously flawed omission on many levels.

-Silat the Kushan thug. Other than his looks and fighting technique, there is absolutely nothing memorable about this skinny guy whom Guts defeats in the blink of an eye. He has no real character to speak of other than being a strawman baddie for Guts to effortlessly knock down and never be spoken of again. What a waste.

-Guts' and Casca's night of passion. While some moments during their fight and Casca's free fall are well done, the whole scene of those two together is so stripped down as to be anemic. I guess we learn that Guts cares for Casca and how they both feel about Griffith, but that is really about it. There is no depth here due to the removal of all the scenes and dialogue that made their relationship so complex. The manga showed how fragile their emotions really are once they let their guards down and sharing their inner demons. Aside from the beginning fight, which alludes to possible deeper emotional complexity, we get a sex scene followed by cute banter. Bah!

-No Godo or Godo residence. As the filmmakers would rather not bother delving into Guts' life outside of the Hawks, the depiction of Guts' actions and insights in those sequences at Godo's place is unsurprisingly gone. As Godo did not interact with the Hawks, his entire character and connection with Rickert and Ericka is deemed disposable (more on this later).

-Snoopy Skully. Why did SK have to meet Guts during his lovemaking? Was there no better time? Very silly decision on the movie's part.

-Infiltrating and Escaping the dungeon. Okay, so the Hawks get into the dungeon through some vague secret entrance through stone tombs. I can buy that, but how the deuce do they escape? Guts kills a bunch of guys on the stair and the very next scene is them boarding a stagecoach. What? Not only do we get no explanation on why they don't use the secret passage to escape, but they don't even bother showing Guts waste the soldiers, just eliminating any possible suspense in the Hawks escaping the dungeon.

-No Bakiraka assassins or Wyald. Had these scenes been included, this probably would have comprised the end of the third movie with the Eclipse comprising the fourth. That is, if the film team cared about having a faithful adaptation. But once again these two sequences remain unanimated, because further insight into the Kushans, Apostles, and te Eclipse ceremony is something utterly disposable to get the the Eclipse faster. Whatever.

-No pre-Eclipse Rickert scenes. Not only is any interaction between Skullknight and Rickert established in the film nor does he witness apostles beforehand, Rickert gets no character development whatsoever. He shows up at the Eclipse after being separated from the Hawks for years...just because. When Ericka appears for the first time, Rickert is friends with her...just because. What was Rickert doing all those years? The movie doesn't care.

-Berserk beaver. The movie (the R18 edition anyway) shows copious amounts of vaginal nudity. Which some of this was in the manga (minus the bush) there seems to be many more exposed shots of Slan's nether region which Slan mostly covered up in the manga panels.

-Teflon Guts. Unlike the manga, Guts recieves next to no cuts or lacerations during his fight with multiple apostles. There is hardly any blood on Guts at all until he falls into the blood pool with its contents fusing to his body, looking more like a spray-on shiny red paint.

-Griffith's "descent". While the art design is unique and stylized, much of this is the movie's non-canon interpretation of Griffith's psychological and physical transformation into Femto. It bears little resemblance to the manga's interpretation and assumes to give Griffith new motives in wanting to be Femto. Much of it felt unnecessary and hollow.

-Gaston's final moments. Because the film team either didn't want to pay anyone to voice Gaston or to go through the trouble of animating his head exploding, Guts only has Gaston's decapitated face to remember him by. Considering Rickert got hardly any development Gaston had no chance at even getting this token scene animated. We were lucky Guts bothered to look at his face.

-Guts' rubber arm. Seriously, that stretched out arm looked ridiculous as he was tugging away. To make matters worse, Guts' couldn't even bother severing his arm completely, only loosening it up and slowly yanking his muscles apart like taffy (gross!)

-Freudian Guts. The movie repeatedly juxtaposes shots of Femto's violent rape with Guts repeatedly stabbing his arm with his broken blade. Uh, no.

-Guts gets a shot at Femto. This was a really stupid addition just for the sake of showing off some cheesy supernatural hokum from Femto. Okay, lets ignore that this completely contradicts the scene in the Black Swordsman arc in which Guts would be rendered unconscious due to his brand by being that close to Griffith and that it goes so far as have Guts actually directly overpower Griffith's barrier with a broken hilt. Even as movie-only material it also contradicts the later scene in which Femto attempts to fend off Skullknight and is surprised by the power he possesses. When blasting Guts 50 feet into the air, he shows absolutely no surprise like he's fully aware of his power. Just embarrassing.

-Zodd MIA. After SK's rescue, Zodd apparently vanishes either apparently defeated by SK or just left without caring about the outcome of the Eclipse. He shows up only during the duel to state that he's had a rivalry with SK for 1000, but doesn't bother to be around when SK leaves and returns a couple minutes later? Zodd really gets shafted.

-The epilogue. Mostly one hot mess after another. Guts wakes up in a cave and because the movies didn't bother establishing that Guts knows who Ericka is or vice verse, Rickert does all the exposition here that isn't already cut. I didn't have a problem with the Casca scenes. Guts leaves in a panic amidst mostly impersonal memories of the Hawks, is attacked by the ghosties, and STEALS SK's SWORD and proceeds to kill them. This only causes SK to comment that he is the personification of the struggling man, or something to that effect. Why? Who knows. It would have had more of an impact if the movie left in Guts telling off SK and vent the feelings that lead to his Black Swordsman persona, but as is, it just ends with Guts taking swipes at ghosts. Lame.

-Black Swordsman teaser. Seems almost like mandatory fanservice. He gets this armor and weaponry from nowhere, equips it and leaves again with no acknowledgement of Godo's existence despite it all being his stuff. One would hope this means the Black Swordsman arc is the next movie in the line-up but I know better.

-Music. Passable, but pretty generic for this feature. There are a few decent tunes, but the soundtrack absolutely pales in comparison to the TV series. Some odd choices, like the piano solo being the cue for Femto's rape of Casca, stand out as well.

-Sloppy CGI models and 3D animation. While it's handled better in some areas, such as the God Hand or Silat sequences, there are many other times where it just looks amateurish. Midland soldiers and much the the Hawks look terrible with the bare minimum of detail, often looking like rounded glass action figures with eyes, a nose, and face painted on. The animation of the 3D models also tends to be either (or both) jerky and lethargic. Carcus on more than one occasion looked like a malfuctioning robot.

-Facial expressions. As a film that is suppose to evoke the feel the manga, this fails pretty hard. Miura knew when and how to exaggerate the the characters when necessary, this case being extreme emotion. Through out this whole movie the facial artwork has a toned down quality to it, most likely hampered by heavy use of 3D models and using conservative on-model character layouts to a fault. When Guts is driven to the edge of sanity to the point of hacking his arm off the art never strays from a stock "very angry" expression. Guts desperate cry after Femto finished raping Casca is notably weak in terms of both art and voice acting.

^The last points there is some of the few things I actually wanted to adress, I guess I just cant resist anymore.

Guts´ pathetic lack of going berserk, as you say, he simply looks angry, "Oh man! Now ya done it, bru! Guts gonna whop yo ass!" Why not play some cliche classic heavy metal intro while you´re at it? He comes of as more of an action hero thats gonna save the day. Neither does it feel like he has to struggle THAT much to go up against dozens of apostles at once, he should be pure animal instinct at this point, and even more so when Femto grabs Casca, BUT! What did they do........? They made him just stand there and gloat as if its his first dirty magazine experience or something? :ubik:

Its so frustrating they cant even get the things they actually included at least somewhat right. Mostly Im telling myself not to care but there are times I just feel like..... :mozgus:

I cant understand how anyone can actually prefer this....thing to the '97 anime. That was a masterpiece in comparison. I mean even the animation better, yes, I´d go for those sweet stills over that sloppy 3D any day.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Soooo I got to watch part 3 yesterday and today my speakers won't work anymore... Propably because of the terrible ost. I won't even review it (well for the moment at least cause I wanted to make a second watch with notes)

Edit: oh yeah we finally know what the "evil" looks like in Evil Dead : it was Silat all along! I'm glad that movie helped things out with another movie...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Roderick said:
-No Godo or Godo residence. As the filmmakers would rather not bother delving into Guts' life outside of the Hawks, the depiction of Guts' actions and insights in those sequences at Godo's place is unsurprisingly gone. As Godo did not interact with the Hawks, his entire character and connection with Rickert and Ericka is deemed disposable (more on this later).
Erica mentions him when Guts asks where they are. She said they were in Godot's hidden cave, no further information given :puck:.

-No pre-Eclipse Rickert scenes. Not only is any interaction between Skullknight and Rickert established in the film nor does he witness apostles beforehand, Rickert gets no character development whatsoever. He shows up at the Eclipse after being separated from the Hawks for years...just because. When Ericka appears for the first time, Rickert is friends with her...just because. What was Rickert doing all those years? The movie doesn't care.
Rickert is shown during the scene in which Guts returns to the camp, so he's been there all along. He just disappeared between Griffith's rescue and the Eclipse. Again, no further information given.

-Zodd MIA. After SK's rescue, Zodd apparently vanishes either apparently defeated by SK or just left without caring about the outcome of the Eclipse. He shows up only during the duel to state that he's had a rivalry with SK for 1000, but doesn't bother to be around when SK leaves and returns a couple minutes later? Zodd really gets shafted.
Another odd omission, because his ominous line to Guts would come across quite cool on the big screen, I think. Much like his cut scene from Movie 2.

What'd you rate it, Rod?

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Hanma_Baki said:

EDIT: This one´s even better :troll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1G9lkECe1s

"Beserk".

I just died a little inside.

Walter said:
Erica mentions him when Guts asks where they are. She said they were in Godot's hidden cave, no further information given :puck:.
Rickert is shown during the scene in which Guts returns to the camp, so he's been there all along. He just disappeared between Griffith's rescue and the Eclipse. Again, no further information given.
Another odd omission, because his ominous line to Guts would come across quite cool on the big screen, I think. Much like his cut scene from Movie 2.

What'd you rate it, Rod?

Okay, I redact those first two points. Thanks for the corrections.

I generously rated it 2/5, though it's leans more to a 1.5/5.

Walter said:
Rickert is shown during the scene in which Guts returns to the camp, so he's been there all along. He just disappeared between Griffith's rescue and the Eclipse.

Well I seem to recall Rickerts name being mentioned at the beginning of the film in the conversation between Judeau and Casca right before Silat's big entrance I don't speak Japanese but I'm assuming like with the other films they will probably toss a line or two somewhere to try and make up for events that were omitted. so well probably get a line about Rickert being sent on some errand with the instruction to rendezvous with the rest of the hawks later

He went Berserk on the guards pretty well. I agree though he didn't go there enough during the eclipse, except perhaps the scene with the arm ripping.

Walter said:
  • Gaiseric scene too heavily underscores the similarity between SK and him--same blade, glowing eyes and all. Originally, Guts makes that inference. Here, it's simply laid out on a plate. Lame.
Good point. It also doesn't help that the Gaiseric scene is shown within minutes of the introduction of SK

• Carcus doesn't break his sword, so there's no punctuation to the scene. It just ends with them crying. Utter failure.
Oh man, that's right. I was looking forward to that, but just led to Carcus weeping. Utter failure is right.

• The old woman/Conrad & Ubik is portrayed as far too manipulative and literal instead of casual, mischievous
I also didn't like this unsubtle change , but I let it slide.

• Carcus' death shown on-screen, finally confirming that he didn't just run off and marry that xenomorph apostle. Case closed, you guys!
Haha, pretty anticlimactic too. After wondering what horrible death Carcus faced in his compromising position (too horrible to even show?) his death turns out to be as bland as possible.

• Casca doesn't go down fighting.
Oh God, that was bad. Like in Movie 2, Casca doesn't even put up a fight before her impending rape like in the manga. To Movie 2's credit, they at least left in the stab with a pointed stick.

• Guts' "OH Face" during love scene. Cumming rainbows.
The sex scenes in the movie were pretty poorly handled overall, but the Guts x Casca scene was definitely the most awkwardly handled of the two. The music was the only good part in a scene. At least they fought the urge to include an equivalent of the Griffith x Charlotte foreplay scene in Movie 2.

While I thought Griffith's character portrayal was less terrible than his costars in the movie, that lack of subtlety in his feelings toward Guts was definitely a downside. I guess they felt the need to make Griffith's motives more blatant after he was stripped of most of his complexity in the previous two movies.

• Griffith's descending scene is straight out of the star gate sequence in 2001. Previous reviewers simply saying "cavemen" just scratches the surface: He has knowledge over all time and space, cell mitosis, other galaxies, all human history. The most fanfictionalized portion of the movie.
Very similar indeed, with Griffith's vision of the infinite mysteries of the universe going almost parallel with David Bowman, though made worse through the the need to simplify and explain Griffith's conclusion after witnessing it all. I may go so far as to call it the most fanfictionalized portion of the whole movie trilogy

• And the most egregious failure of the movie: Guts *surprises* Femto? Really? Femto has to use his power to subvert Guts' effort? Utterly absurd fan service.
It also doesn't help that it mostly apes Guts' encounter during the Black Swordsman arc with Guts "almost" hitting Femto with his sword before getting effortlessly knocked back. If the Black Swordsman arc is ever animated it's going to look an awful lot like deja vu.

• What's with the shuffling-motion sex animation? Happens with both Guts and Femto. Seriously, these guys fuck like I clap. I'm docking points.
Agreed. Like the last movie, much of the sex looks like flat, unstimulating humping

• No demon child? Unforgivable.
It kinda makes sense since the movie doesn't cover any Volume 14 material, but they should have done more with the post-Eclipse set-up, especially the demon child. I seriously doubt future movies, if they actually get made, will cover the Volume 14 material before the Black Swordsman timeline and the demon child very important to the ongoing story and lore, while highlighting the deteriorating and increasingly frustrating relationship between Casca and Guts.

To be honest, it's really not nice how you guys ridicule everyone who liked the movie... We didn't like it, but it doesn't do any good to anyone if you keep acting as if you were superior for hating it. Yeah, maybe their taste is worse, maybe they have low standards, or maybe they just don't give a fuck about quality and faithfulness (probably because they want to enjoy it), but I don't think this gives the right to you to put their reviews up here with sarcastic comments and sad emotes saying "Look at this idiot and laugh at him, because he doesn't agree with our perfect opinions!"

Sorry for going a bit off-topic but I really don't like all this hate and disgust that formed towards fans who dared to enjoy these movies... I hated it, too, but I don't go around searching for people who disagree with me and ridicule them on a fan forum.

Whatever, I guess I will get a nice amount of hate for this post, but I felt like writing it because it really bothered me. Thanks for reading.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gill said:
To be honest, it's really not nice how you guys ridicule everyone who liked the movie... [...] I don't think this gives the right to you to put their reviews up here with sarcastic comments and sad emotes [...] I don't go around searching for people who disagree with me and ridicule them on a fan forum [...] I guess I will get a nice amount of hate for this post

If you're referring to that youtube video, that's exaggerating quite a bit, don't you think? People aren't exactly hunting down reviews to point and laugh at them. I didn't bother watching that video, but given the comments I imagine it's in the same vein as the previous one this person did for the second movie. In which case it would admittedly be rather silly and in poor taste. Would it then be that bad for our members to voice their displeasure with it? I don't think so. A few people have commented on it, some with sadness, others with humor. None with the seething hatred you seem to be incorrectly inferring.

I think you're making this into much bigger of a deal than it really is. The reactions here are actually pretty mild compared to what you can find anywhere else on the Internet.

I guess it goes both ways. But I get where you´re coming from, Gill, I usually try and stay away from all the hatred, I guess this got the best of me, Im not apologizing though :slan: In this case, if anything, I was referring more to their phony way of reviewing and that they even call it "review" at all sometimes. The first one pretty much just say "shit" for ten minutes and the other one just makes funny faces/forced reactions in silence. Oh, and for christ sake, dont ever forget to say that Berserk is MANLY! :guts:

Im pretty sure they wont see this, my intention isnt exactly to hurt them if you get my drift, part of me can even feel their happiness.

Deci

Viral Harvest said:
Better than the '97 anime for sure, but as a whole it didn't evoke the same reaction in me as the manga.

This sentiment really leaves me scratching my head. I am honestly not totally against allowing someone to watch the '97 TV series as an introduction (as long as they follow it up with the manga, which it does a good job of ensuring typically) if they absolutely refuse to give Berserk a thorough chance via it's far superior print format, but I would NEVER allow someone to watch this trilogy as one. It's so horrendously off-the-mark that it sort of embarrasses me in some ways. If nothing else in the TV series, they at least look like the characters, have a soundtrack that is pretty spot-on for the atmosphere, and touches on or attempts to follow accurately many of the themes needed for one to at least begin to understand why one might become enveloped by it.

These movies have more graphic violence, some nice looking action sequences, and 3D (debatable +/-). Also this new project promised more animation, so it's entirely possible people will never follow it up with the manga at some point. Quite a disappointing prospect imo.

Also, I'm not sure if it's been discussed here and I might have overlooked it, but what are the stand-out traits between the 15 and 18 version?

Some shading over the nether regions, more audio options, and what I think is pretty cool J-Rock music video after the credits, are present in the R-15. The music video is what makes the R-15 longer I believe.

Top Bottom