Skull Knight Birth Ceremony Chapter -White Skeleton version- Exclusive version

Well, if you missed the release last December.. The white version is up for preorder

http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/index.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ZSdeHcbEk&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XrrS1sYFHo&feature=youtu.be

check it out.

Previously released statue with the Egg Apostle was 57,000 Yen, while this one's priced at 60,000 Yen. Apart from the stronger Dollar to Yen, they're a bit off by saying it's marked at a cheaper price (technically). But yeah, this looks pretty cool. I bought the other one without Crystal Eyes cos of that 'Terminator' look but I've seen it in person and it does look less apparent.

I don't know, I'm going to most probably stick with the original version, though I'm tempted to pick this one up purely because I don't own a Skull Knight that's in bone (YET).

Who's biting on this one? Any owners of the original version grabbing it? Would you keep both version or sell the original or stick to the original?

I think it's safe to assume that AOW will release a SK statue and will release it a few months down the line in bone, as we've seen with this production and the SK 2011 version (on horse).

I'm really tempted to pick this up i skipped on the original version because of the price but the bone colour scheme looks so awesome he looks so much better this way (imo) also i don't have a skull knight yet but again $788 (new zealand) before shipping and customs charges is just crazy for a statue this size and is still just a repaint... i'm going to think about some it some more before i commit

I really cant decide, I think they both look awesome, as usual I aint got the dough... Nevertheless I would really like to get both sometime down the line and have the honor of beholding them side by side.

I love it! I totally ignored the original release because I got sk on horse 2011 but this color really catches my heart. What should I do ? :guts: :badbone:

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
It's all good except maybe the red shield. The bone paint job is flippin sweet looking though.

hurry up and grab ur piece!!! ONLY 2 LEFT AS I ORDERED ONE AT 3 PIECES MARK!!!!! :badbone: :badbone: :badbone: :badbone: :badbone:

http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=523

I skipped the original version becuase I knew that they would come out with the bone version. This will look great with my Sk on horse bone version and both are going to have the Swarovski crystal eyes. :badbone: :ubik: Also they just sold out.

:isidro:

...I literally JUST changed my mind, as I noticed I just got some annual tax money back. Fucking figures they'd be sold out already... Oh well :sad:

Congrats to the ones who did get it. Will be looking forward to you delicious photos.

^Haha wow Im such a retard! I never actually checked out their site, just took it for granted that this one sold out too! Thanks a million, man! :guts:

Not getting Egg-man doesnt really bother me, would be neat I guess, but for some reason the different scale for these little additions always bothered me somehow.

EDIT: Done! While I was at it I also took that Femto/Zodd Acrylic panel. By the way, I aint got any space for either of these :void: (let alone the 20th last repaint).

Just paid for the exclusive. It is worth the money IMO for this piece. Bone weather effect is very hard to achieve and i believe this is the last boned ver. skullknight in a very long time.

100 pieces only, just go get ur piece.

Just got mine today. I have to say this piece is very, VERY amazing. It is quite large in real life, and the color of bone is very dark grayish in compare with the original weather boned sk on horse. I'LL say sk on horse is very bright and boned sk birth ceremony is very dark. The paint job is flawless as always, AOW charge crazy amount of money for a reason. Sorry im too lazy to take pics nowadays as now im at work but yes this piece is a def. must buy for collectors, escpecially the exclusive ver. :badbone:

And this time they added transparent red candle fires on the base(the original sk birth ceremony statue doesnt come with). Also the perfect egg of world is very nicely painted. Very good job.

Congrats on the purchase! Post pictures whenever you can, would be really nice to see it. From AOW's set of pictures, the egg apostle looks very grey and there's only a very slight hint of grey on SK's armor.

Fine bro i just got my lazy ass up and took some pics:

236af5f076c3fbb0df6260387302ce5e_zps11a12dfb.jpg

null_zpsff929fcf.jpg

null_zps1497200f.jpg

null_zps0369b41c.jpg

99eddb69421f785b0a9eb8caae7eea41_zps77bdfc08.jpg

The pic does absolutely no justice on the real piece. On the real piece the color is much better textured and with a lot of weather effect, looks VERY GOOD. This is also a keeper for life.

Congrats. Beautiful statue. I really enjoy this painting scheme. I tried to do the same with my custom painting of skullknight. Yours is indeed a keeper for life ;D

Hopefully getting mine tomorrow! Will post some crappy pictures when I get it :3 The base looks fairly 'flat', while it looked like wet rock on the product page. Is this because of the pictures, or did they just not get that detail in properly? other than that it looks amazing, I love it when they use bright colour palettes - it brings out the details of the sculpt, especially SK!

Edit: Got mine last night, and I love it. Won't post pictures, as I just can't get the details. I thought the base came out a bit flat - was hoping the base would look wet (The Zodd figure has some amazing blood spatter on it that glistens when you look at it _just_ right), and I was expecting the candlefire to be more vibrant, but it's fairly dull. Other than that it's stunning, and is one of my centerpieces now. All that's left for me now is a proper Black Swordsman Guts and an amazing Human Zodd.

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
Got mine too!
Really dig it. I was expecting a brighter paint job like the mounted version, but it's a little more subdued and "realistic" on this one.

My Egg-shaped apostle came with one of his little tentacle arms broken off. Glued it back on without it being super obvious.

Overall I'm very happy. The crystal eyes are baller. The price is still a sore spot though. Won't be able to afford many more like this.

Top Bottom