Skullknight the king of the mountain when it comes to combat?

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Do you think SK is the most skilled when it comes to combat? He was able to sever Zodd's arm rather easily without taking any damage and the average apostle stands absolutely no chance against him. I know Guts is a force to be reckoned with when he has the berserk armor on but I'm curious if SK's transformation to his current form puts him on a level beyond what Guts is capable of. There seems to be a supernatural element to SK that goes beyond what the berserk armor gives Guts.

He's had hundreds of years of experience so I doubt anyone could go toe to toe with him and put his physical form in any real danger.

Femto didn't seem to have much of a problem dealing with Skull Knight when Skull Knight attacked him atop Ganishka.

Skeleton said:
Femto didn't seem to have much of a problem dealing with Skull Knight when Skull Knight attacked him atop Ganishka.
Yes, but that was using God Hand powers. I think he was more meaning physical combat, such as Sword v Sword/Apostle.

Walter said:
How are we supposed to determine such a thing...?
Maybe Miura decided to sell out and generate some major videogame/action figure sales over the break, and the new episode will feature Round 1 of the Berserk Tenkaichi Budokai in the city square of Falconia? :troll:

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Walter said:
How are we supposed to determine such a thing...?

You may or may not, it's just hypothetical. Just seems like SK could take out quite a few of the more powerful apostles on his own. But for some reason he seems to like hiding in the shadows so to speak and makes an appearance when he feels like it.

Until we see a full on fight with the God Hand, I really don't think we can determine who the "king of combat" is. I've always thought the God Hand could easily take out Skull Knight but they kept him alive and were just toying with him because he factored into their plans. From what we've seen so far Skull Knight can't even touch them, but we haven't seen them touch Skull Knight either. Maybe the true king of the mountain is Causality? :iva:

Lenlo said:
Yes, but that was using God Hand powers. I think he was more meaning physical combat, such as Sword v Sword/Apostle.

I knew what he meant. The answer is still Femto. Even if Femto didn't manipulate space, he'd probably still be too fast, too strong, and too fortunate* to not be the best. Unless we're going to arbitrarily disqualify Femto while we pretend that Zodd's apostle power, Skull Knight's supernatural abilities, and the power of Guts' armor somehow counts as swordsmanship/skill.

KazigluBey said:
But for some reason he seems to like hiding in the shadows so to speak and makes an appearance when he feels like it.

Skull Knight just doesn't care enough about most apostles to specifically target them like Guts did. His awareness of the nature of the world is far closer to the Godhand's awareness than to the apostles. He understands that killing some random apostles is pointless when it comes to the grand scheme of things. Like Femto said," A few worthless servants killed is inconsequential to us." That's why he focuses solely on the Godhand.

He kind of sums it up with what he says when some war demons ask who he is at Flora's mansion: "I've no name to give to mere apostles. I'll say only that I'm one who opposes the five angels." Not exactly the reply of someone who is concerned in the least about apostles, right?

*Even if someone were able to get past Femto's supernatural speed, his supernatural strength, his intelligence, and his swordsmanship, the person's weapon would probably "hesitate" anyways.

Top Bottom