Berserk Pachinko Machine Has New 3D Animated Scenes

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Re: Berserk Saga Project News

No, there have been Berserk pachi-slot machines for years.

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14008.0

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
berserk36 said:
oh so means dick all and the whole Berserk anime thing could be dead in the water,.

Yeah, nothing new. So I'll merge this with a relevant thread.

Next time you light this one up, please try to make it relevant to the topic.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This must be a new machine. Pretty gross.

I did some digging, because it didn't actually look official to me, but it is. Its name is L Berserk Musou (under the Musou license of Berserk, westernized as "Berserk and the Band of the Hawk"), and it is indeed very new (press release is April and it's not due out in arcades until June). Here's some official documentation on it.

And here are the responsible parties:
©KENTAROU MIURA(STUDIO GAGA) /HAKUSENSHA(YOUNG ANIMAL)
©KENTAROU MIURA(STUDIO GAGA) HAKUSENSHA/BERSERK FILM PARTNERS
©KENTAROU MIURA(STUDIO GAGA) HAKUSENSHA/BERSERK PARTNERSHIP
©KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.
Manufactured by EXCITE Co., Ltd.

You beat me to it on the info post. Definitely something that would have flown under this communities radar as it's a very Japan-centric product that caters to a specific niche.

Pachinko machines have never really been about accurately representing their respective series...so it doesn't bother me too much. They are loud, gaudy and sleazy...whenever I've watched some scenes play for other things I've been interested in like Evangelion, I just sort of view it as some cracked out alternate universe take on the series.

The timing is unfortunate however. I don't know if Miura would have really had a problem with something like this, but without being able to know and it being only a couple years since his death....the pumping out of the continuation....it's not a great look.

Last edited:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The timing is unfortunate however. I don't know if Miura would have really had a problem with something like this, but without being able to know and it being only a couple years since his death....the pumping out of the continuation....it's not a great look.
As you said yourself, there have been machines of this er, "caliber" released in the past, but none with Berserk's name on them until now, right? So would Miura have allowed it? He didn't previously.

This must be a new machine. Pretty gross.

I did some digging, because it didn't actually look official to me, but it is. Its name is L Berserk Musou (under the Musou license of Berserk, westernized as "Berserk and the Band of the Hawk"), and it is indeed very new (press release is April and it's not due out in arcades until June). Here's some official documentation on it.

And here are the responsible parties:
©KENTAROU MIURA(STUDIO GAGA) /HAKUSENSHA(YOUNG ANIMAL)
©KENTAROU MIURA(STUDIO GAGA) HAKUSENSHA/BERSERK FILM PARTNERS
©KENTAROU MIURA(STUDIO GAGA) HAKUSENSHA/BERSERK PARTNERSHIP
©KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.
Manufactured by EXCITE Co., Ltd.
Wow thanks so much for looking into it!
Released in April 2023...and here I thought this was part of the older Musou-related pachinko slot, before Miura's passing. The fact that they (likely) decided to animate and include them AFTER Miura's passing is absolutely crazy to me. Yeesh.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Released in April 2023...and here I thought this was part of the older Musou-related pachinko slot, before Miura's passing. The fact that they (likely) decided to animate and include them AFTER Miura's passing is absolutely crazy to me. Yeesh.

The first pachislot machine (manufactured by Nanashow) was not based on the Musou license but on that of the movies (it came out long before the game). This new one is a follow-up to a Musou-based pachinko machine that came out in July 2021.

Anyway, there's no way in hell Miura would have allowed this sort of stuff. Clearly Hakusensha isn't doing its job in protecting the series' reputation.

It seems hakusensha can literally do anything they want with the license, like were is the line drawn? I know it's just a pachinko game but you can't do stuff that doesn't represent the series and then put Miura's name in the credits, they can obviously approve things without Miura's consent, of course they can because of the new continuation but this is very low, and it's just for some quick and dirty cash using the berserk name. I'm just confused as to why they'd do this sort of thing with Berserk. Honestly scared what they'll do next. Why not invest in a nice animation promoting the continuation or something like that

Top Bottom