Color Pages that aren't included in MBR volumes

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Seahorse said:
I just saw a few color pages that were not included in even MBR edition volumes (I don't remember seeing them in the MBR scans I downloaded). Does it mean that there are some other editions with color pages, besides the MBR edition? :???:

First off, you should buy those MBR volumes if you want them. Second, indeed, not all color pages were included in them.

Those pages (all of the color pages, those present in the MBR volumes and those missing) originally appeared in Young Animal. If you're interested in getting them, know that they were reproduced in the "Illustrations File" artbook, which you can easily buy online.

Aazealh said:
First off, you should buy those MBR volumes if you want them. Second, indeed, not all color pages were included in them.

Those pages (all of the color pages, those present in the MBR volumes and those missing) originally appeared in Young Animal. If you're interested in getting them, know that they were reproduced in the "Illustrations File" artbook, which you can easily buy online.

Yes, I will purchase them maybe some time next month... But since the MBR volumes (released in order to promote the 1997 animation) are out of print by now, I'm going to buy the YAR volumes (to promote the 2012 film trilogy) instead. Do they also include the color pages like the MBR volumes?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious, why not just get the original volumes? Or is this in addition to those?

The reason I ask is that around here, for conversation purposes we say "well that happened in volume 24", or "volume 22 has the best fight in the series." But with these "remixed" volumes it's all mixed up.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Seahorse said:
But since the MBR volumes (released in order to promote the 1997 animation) are out of print by now

The MBR volumes weren't released to promote the 1997 TV series... They came out in 2007.

Seahorse said:
I'm going to buy the YAR volumes (to promote the 2012 film trilogy) instead. Do they also include the color pages like the MBR volumes?

Yes, they do. They're pretty similar overall, though the YAR stop at volume 6 instead of going up to volume 12 (which corresponds to volume 27 for the tankōbon). But that won't matter much to you if you're only interested in the color pages, as only the early volumes had them.

Walter said:
Just curious, why not just get the original volumes? Or is this in addition to those?

The reason I ask is that around here, for conversation purposes we say "well that happened in volume 24", or "volume 22 has the best fight in the series." But with these "remixed" volumes it's all mixed up.

Yes, that's an addition (for color pages). In my district they've actually already released Volume 37 about a month ago, however none of the local bookstores sells manga... Thus I'm going to buy it online soon with the YAR volumes. I have some DH volumes as well, but none of those original volumes include many color pages as the "remixed" volumes do.

Aazealh said:
The MBR volumes weren't released to promote the 1997 TV series... They came out in 2007.

Yes, they do. They're pretty similar overall, though the YAR stop at volume 6 instead of going up to volume 12 (which corresponds to volume 27 for the tankōbon). But that won't matter much to you if you're only interested in the color pages, as only the early volumes had them.

Oops, sorry for the mistake. Thanks a lot for the useful information on the remixed volumes.

EDIT: I just purchased the Japanese Kindle edition of Berserk Volume 1 and it's really awesome! :guts:

Check out my post there: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13981.msg222728#msg222728

Top Bottom