AoW New Product - Nosferatu Zodd [Human Version]

So Art of War finally released a new product, here are some pictures from their facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.421557241298707.1073741845.364823146972117&type=3

1240014_421557251298706_288394059_n.jpg

Price: 65000 JPY for Exclusive, 63000 JPY for Normal version.

Specifications:
Product Information

Material: Polystone, metal
Attachment: Head of Ganishka (only for exclusive version)
Serial Number Nameplate (No. 1~No. 100)
Originated & Manufactured by ART OF WAR
Estimate Delivery date: January, 2014
Size: (Non-Scale)
--Zodd single: 22 cm (H)
--Total: 30 cm (H) x 25 cm (W) x 20 cm (D)

My Thoughts: The base and his body looks good, but his face looks extremely goofy so i'm gonna pass on this one. It's a shame because the beast swordsman VS the black swordsman is one of my favorite moments of the series, and i'm dying for a good human zodd figure. what does everyone else think?

Aazealh said:
I agree that the face is messed up, and I think the skin tone is too greyish as well.

Yeah they went for a pale skintone which they explain, but it still makes no sense why they would go for a different skintone when it's a new product.you'd think that they would go classic colours. as diaz said though, gonna be a repaint down the line :p

I DONT LIKE the skulpt, i dont like the skin color,i dont like the base, i dont like the sword, i dont like the attachment, i think this piece is a garbage. This is basically a random shirtless guy holding a sword and a blade, with a head of zodd.

Look at how many imperfections are there on the face, so many dots and things.

I doubt the exclusive is going to sold out anytime soon.

Aazealh said:
I agree that the face is messed up, and I think the skin tone is too greyish as well.

Yep.

Sword - handle I think should be thicker and more room for another hand to hold, the part of the handle that extends to the blade (that resembles the legs of a merman/ mermaid) is weird looking, not supposed to be that much blood from a slight slash on across Guts' face.

Quick check of the manga and his ear doesn't look like it's bleeding up to that point in the fight?

Diaz said:
Give it a few months and AOW will probably do a bloody version with a more human color to it.

There's not supposed to be a lot of blood anyway, doubt that makes any sense to do.

hmm pose look good(skin sux), but still more expensive 22 cm O_O 663 $ :magni:, now I buy predator dutch statue 52 cm awesome detail = 350$ ...

Liad said:
i'm dying for a good human zodd figure.

I think AOW's previously released - http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/photos.php?gid=30 - is better than this one, in terms of likeness to him. And there are good kits too.

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
They went with the word "Nosferatu" and made it into a "twilight" color scheme... IMO the best Zodd statues are the one on horse http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=303
and revelations http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=233

I don't know what the catch is, but I don't like this one.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
There's not supposed to be a lot of blood anyway, doubt that makes any sense to do.

That's never stopped them before, nor has it stopped people from buying them.

the last two real new products, guts birth ceremony and zodd human form are easy passes for me. There were much better pieces representing them at the past.

I'm not sure how much we can hold this as a "true" statement. I follow AOW on Facebook, and they just made a comment "many customers have asked and AOW does not have any plans on making a repaint". Sooo, if you like it, AOW might not make a repaint.

andrewdsz said:
which single piece does AOW let go of repraints? Houma grunberg is the only one in my head.

Casca Hawk Soldiers, Guts Darka, Guts & Farnese, Guts & Slan, Zodd & Wyald, Guts Kingdom Of Falconia to name a few.

It's such a shame we all so badly want new statues from AOW but everytime we get one they stuff it up! so they just go back to doing re paint's <SIGH>
one day they'll get it right one day...

It actually looks great in the promo pic, but looks weird and kinda crooked to one side in all the rest/more detailed pics. Face is messed up, and the choise of skin tone wasn't exactly bad but yeah could be so so much better. Furthermore, I know its just some kinda promo version but is it just me who think the paint job looks somewhat amateurish in some of the closeups? Especially the foot.

Oh yeah they should totally have featured the sword in the side!

As I expected the new zodd sucks. Not even the exclusive will be selling out anytime soon. They need to redo the strategy on pricing,painting and skulpting.

I did actually consider buying it for a while there, but then I looked at the price again and like "uhh no, I dont think so" :iva:

To end on a positive note, they´re at least getting a little creative pose wise (aka not the same braindead pose as latest Guts and SK)

amano

kono sekai ni wa
art of war recent infos:

<No.333 Nosferatu *2013 Exclusive version & Standard version ★ Brand New Modeling!
<
<━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
<
<Since too many of our customers keep asking about the repainting,
<
<At this moment we are only able to promise that we will not do any repainting version before it released in 2014.
<
<
<★As our gratitude for customers’ support to our new modeling,
<
<we decided to offer special customer services to the last 4 months of 2013 for customers who pre-order this item.
<
<1. 500 Yen handling cost for all your purchases from now to Dec.31st, 2013. (Usually we charge 1,000 Yen.)
<
<2. Priority for pre-ordering our new release by e-mail, we will inform you about our new release earlier to make sure you get the news.
<
<(You will soon feel it useful.)
<
<3. Free repainting service for statues. (add blood or dust on your statue!)
<
<If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us at any time.
<

Which one do you think is the best:
-waiting for a repaint
-order this new Zodd as is and have some "special offers added"

?

^- you forgot secret option #3:

- don't purchase overpriced, sloppy products until AoW shapes up.

----
in all honesty, you're better off waiting for a repaint. 'special offers' usually don't work for overseas customers ( we aren't even qualified for refunds/replacements if it comes up broken), but if they do I can guarantee it's probably one of the following:

- X% off repaint, but still have to pay shipping back and forth
- X% off merchandise they haven't managed to sell yet
- Thank you card from AoW.

I base this on the 'special offer' I received from buying 3 products from them within a year, and for being one of the first to pre-order SK birth ceremony. I paid hundreds of thousands of yen, and I get a 1000 yen shipping discount on my SK birth ceremony. Wow... thanks AoW.

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
Liad said:
^- you forgot secret option #3:

- don't purchase overpriced, sloppy products until AoW shapes up.

----
in all honesty, you're better off waiting for a repaint. 'special offers' usually don't work for overseas customers ( we aren't even qualified for refunds/replacements if it comes up broken), but if they do I can guarantee it's probably one of the following:

- X% off repaint, but still have to pay shipping back and forth
- X% off merchandise they haven't managed to sell yet
- Thank you card from AoW.

I base this on the 'special offer' I received from buying 3 products from them within a year, and for being one of the first to pre-order SK birth ceremony. I paid hundreds of thousands of yen, and I get a 1000 yen shipping discount on my SK birth ceremony. Wow... thanks AoW.

I always wondered what their "special gift" for customers spending over 2 grand was. Thank you card? :???:

Top Bottom