Pimping random people's awesome fanart

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
I don't usually go around all 'omg look at this' but David Müller recently posted this gorgeous painted version of a Berserk page and well damn just go look at it, it's pretty as hell.

http://www.kopfstoff.blogspot.com/2013/06/berserk-fanart-golden-age.html

I love it. A very iconic image that says a lot about who Guts is. Without anyone really to love him or count on he learned to only rely on his sword.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow, thanks so much for sharing Lith! I'm into this idea of painting over a page, it gives you the sense of what the artist is feeling when they're reading through a particular part of the story. It must be tricky, but David Müller did a fantastic job. :guts: Really really love this!

Metal_Bear_Rex

⊂( ̄(エ) ̄)⊃
I agree with Aazealh. Seeing pages like this done hyper-realistically can creep me out. Not that it's bad, it's just...I would never want to imagine things from Berserk happening in reality, I guess.

G

Genome

Very impressive and beautiful!
Now I'm just wondering how would be like the Japaneses Berserk manga vol. 13 cover like this :serpico:

Deci

I've been particularly attached to this image for a few weeks now,

3O2GG1Q.jpg

Just did a google search by image and came up with nothing, and I sadly do not remember where I found it. If anyone recognizes it lemme know! I'd love to give the author some credit.

Thanks for sharing, looks really cool. The hawk kinda reminds me of a Faravahar facing the other way.

I was recently impressed by the image below by Jonathan Kent -

1385248_608197415888178_1458933542_n.jpg

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Deci said:
I've been particularly attached to this image for a few weeks now,

3O2GG1Q.jpg

Just did a google search by image and came up with nothing, and I sadly do not remember where I found it. If anyone recognizes it lemme know! I'd love to give the author some credit.

Sourced!! http://darkdux.deviantart.com/art/guts-zodd-2-115672232

It's by Darkdux/Rudy Wilde on Devart. He's a French pro illustrator. His stuff is great. He has a couple other Berserk pieces in his gallery, too.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Oh yeah, saw this guy's illustrations the other day. Love the style, but Conrad's looking a little thin and... Vagina-y. :sad: I hope he decides to do Ubik as well!

Deci

Totally diggin' this piece of fan art by http://akiyun.deviantart.com/

berserk_doodle_by_akiyun-d3g9gbs.jpg

Very different from Miura yet I think it captures Schierke perfectly, and I love the feeling I get between her and Guts here. And correct me if I'm wrong, but is this a mix between pen and water colors?! Very cool. I also feel like the characters look at bit closer in age, which is probably what Schierke wishes were true! Hehe. :carcus:

Deci

I think I've found the motherload of fan arts recently, and there's SO MAN AWESOME ONES !! I decided I needed to share these two, even though not the most skill-oriented, they're some of the most interesting (to me), having grown up a fan of Joe Madureira, particularly his run on Uncanny X-Men and Age of Apocalypse, the first one reminds me of his style.

1891157_678847642156326_2827853_n.jpg

First one is by deathbox_was_taken on Deviant Art.

The second one I can't pinpoint, another quasi-American comic-booky or cartoony style. Jhonen Vasquez (JTHM/Squee/Invader Zim dude) maybe? Samurai Jack, Clone Wars, or Power Puff Girls? It has that vibe goin for it a little, mixed in with Johnny The Homicidal Maniac (I think).

1959279_678847442156346_900479036_n.jpg

Second one is by escar on Deviant Art.

Like I said I've found so many I love, gonna try to only share one or two every other week or so I think.
Other people must see them. :p
This might even all inspire me to pick up the pencil again, I've been doing it on and off for like 20 years now, and try a hand at somethin' Berserky!

Deci

Thought this fit right in on SK.net :serpico:

28cdpvt.jpg

Art by Kitajec on Deviant Art.

A few things missing from the new Berserk trilogy...

the_swords_by_phile9-d4uvoqh.png

Art by phile9 on Deviant Art.

Top Bottom