Speculation about Movie IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there is no thread that really fits this topic (and before i spam my opinion in threads that don't really have something to do with it) i thought its better to make one here for all your thoughts, hopes, ideas and of course, all your worst fears about what a new movie would look like.

I just recently stumbled upon this interview with Eiko Tanaka from last year, yeah i know it's old but since i'm pretty new to Berserk, roughly a year now, i was a bit surprised, hadn't heard about it yet.

For the sake of order and for completion i will just remove my earlier reply to that from another thread and place it here, since it already contains my opinion/speculations

Nice i didn't know it was already official. Well, by the time that interview was released, i was still just reading through the manga for the first time, lol i think i was actually at the Lost Children chapter at that time, so i hadn't seen it until now.
But still, i can't really believe that they would make a whole movie about the Lost Children chapter. Sounds too good to me, considering on how they rush through the Golden Age arc and cut stuff here and there. Sure, this chapter would actually fit perfectly in one movie, its not too long, they wouldn't have to cut much. But when watching the movies i had the feeling, that Studio 4°C is only concentrating on the really big events and leaving out what they don't see as too important. That's why, before i heard of this interview, i even thought that they would maybe leave out the Lost Children chapter completely and invent some other way, how Guts meets Farnese and Serpico and gets captured. So they can rush to the next big milestone in Berserk, the Tower of Conviction, which could be split in a new trilogy again. I mean, i love the Lost Children chapter, but hey, they cut the whole Black Swordsman arc, and we all know how they explained Guts childhood, lets make a shitty blurry flashback that no one who hasn't read the manga will be able to understand and never mention Gambino again. So i think my concerns are a bit understandable. I actually think, that the Lost Children chapter in the movie could maybe just be the first 5-10 minutes of the movie, throwing you right into the ending of the Lost Children, maybe altered in some way, so they can leave out people like Jill. And then they rush to the tower.

Well, what are your thoughts about it? Full Lost Children chapter, will they really do it? More CG, or less? What could be left out (of course something will always be cut) without causing too much pain and what should definitely be in the movie? Or who would you like as the voice cast for the new characters? Anything that comes to your mind

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
One thing I would enjoy about a Lost Children movie would be the demi-fans of the other movies wondering why their awesome medieval battle series is suddenly Guts Vs Mothgirl.

Now that I think of it I wonder what fans of the manga at the time thought of the direction everything took after the Eclipse. And for that matter what fans who started with the Dark Horse trx thought when they got up to vol 14 or so.

I wonder whether 4°C will begin to work in the demon baby? I mean if they continue to adapt the series, they can't leave him out forever...

Does anyone know whether/how problematic Rochine/Rosine/etc's nekkidness is as far as censorship? Obviously some naked girls have been in the movies already but I don't know if her situation is different or not.

Lost Children is one of my favorite arcs, though, I can't deny I'd love to see any of it animated.

Lithrael said:
Does anyone know whether/how problematic Rochine/Rosine/etc's nekkidness is as far as censorship? Obviously some naked girls have been in the movies already but I don't know if her situation is different or not.
Uh, good question, they did show Casca naked, or half-naked, when she was only 13-14 something, in that shitty blurry flashback about the nobleman who wanted to rape her (which was a totally pointless scene because she dreamed about it in the movie instead of telling it to Guts how she was rescued by Griffith, they should have done it right or just leave it out)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
I don't think there will be any problem. It's just upper-body nudity. Also, her age is... uncertain. :carcus:

They have to do the BlackSwordsman Arc, I just don't see any positives in skipping it. If they immediately go to the Lost Children Arc, how the hell are they gonna introduce Puck to Guts? Oh but wait.. we already read the manga so we already know! So it doesn't matter how they do it in the anime right? :schierke:

Lithrael said:
One thing I would enjoy about a Lost Children movie would be the demi-fans of the other movies wondering why their awesome medieval battle series is suddenly Guts Vs Mothgirl.

Come to think of it, did they show her in the movie? In that scene when some apostles decide to have a pre-eclipse snack? I can't remember right now, i think even the whole scene was missing.

As for the demon baby, assuming the movie would start right away with the beginning of the arc and him meeting Jill, does it even appear in the Lost Children arc? I can't remember any... ah right, that one scene where it appears in the campfire, and then the spirits of the burned children appear. Well, that could be cut, sounds bad i know, but that would fit into their previous way of cutting content that is too "complex".

also
Walter said:
Also, her age is... uncertain. :carcus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfi8fT9oHkQ

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rendarg said:
Come to think of it, did they show her in the movie? In that scene when some apostles decide to have a pre-eclipse snack? I can't remember right now, i think even the whole scene was missing.
That scene was omitted, of course. However, she did make an appearance in a made-up scene after the Eclipse, as she was descending on the people on the wagon.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Walter said:
I don't think there will be any problem. It's just upper-body nudity. Also, her age is... uncertain. :carcus:

Her apostle form sure, but apart from flashbacks she's buck naked the entire time and in both half-pumped and elfy-girl form she is equipped with one hairless punani.

Huh!! I completely missed her in the movie, just went back to look. Anyone else who missed her, she swoops into camera in the very last moment before the credits roll.

WTF! Had to watch it frame-by-frame to see it, but you're right, it's her!

vlcsnap2013091621h53m26s209.png

Maxwell said:
how the hell are they gonna introduce Puck to Guts? Oh but wait.. we already read the manga so we already know! So it doesn't matter how they do it in the anime right? :schierke:
And thats pretty much how they handled Guts and Cascas childhood. Well, they had their blurry flashback visions that only the manga readers understand, and then they never mentioned it.

Lithrael said:
Her apostle form sure, but apart from flashbacks she's buck naked the entire time and in both half-pumped and elfy-girl form she is equipped with one hairless punani.
Hm right, i forgot, she really does a full peepshow. Seriously, i don't know, maybe they handle it like in the good old days :ganishka:
3319284502_3afc5c7ece_o.jpg

I always found this way more disturbing than full frontal nudity. As a kid i always wondered why they don't look like humans :???:

I think it will start off another trilogy called the Black Swordsman Arc, it will adapt the Black Swordsman and the Retribution Sagas. The fourth movie will begin with Farnese and the Holy Iron Chain Knights arriving at the site of the Eclipse and spotting a blood bath. Then we get the opening credits scene. The movie will largely cover Guts' meeting Puck and his chasing down the God Hand like the start of manga/anime but it will be interspersed with the Holy Iron Chain Knights finding signs of the coming apocalypse.

Movie 5 will cover the Lost Children chapter, along with the Kushan invasion, Guts running into the Holy Iron Chain Knights, and end with a scene of the Skull Knight eating a Behelit.

Movie 6 will be called "Advent". I think you can guess what it is about.

I believe Movie 4 will be part of the Snake Baron section right up to the Count Segment of the story finishing with the summoning of the Godhand and Guts meeting up with Femto again, leaving in tension ready IF they do a Movie V.

Inevitable if they carry on they would pursue the Rosine Arc due to her flying up close to the audience and the end of the Eclipse Ceremony in GA3: Descent.

I made it to Skullknight community. Hi All! :D

I'm fully expecting a frankensteined version of Black Swordsman, Lost Children and the Conviction Arcs in a single movie. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it, but they may write themselves into a corner with all the stuff they are cutting. Such as omitting the demon child.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ApostleBob said:
I'm fully expecting a frankensteined version of Black Swordsman, Lost Children and the Conviction Arcs in a single movie. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it, but they may write themselves into a corner with all the stuff they are cutting. Such as omitting the demon child.

The Lost Children chapter is part of the Conviction arc... Anyway, no matter how they do it, I have only fear as to what the result will be.

Dream scenario:
1) A three hour movie based on volumes 1-3.
2) A three hour movie based on the Lost Children Arc.
3) Two three hour movies based on the Tower of Conviction part.
4) A one hour movie based on Volume 11. I love Wyald. He's epic.

RULE TO FOLLOW: One volume of manga must be represented by AT LEAST one hour of material.
It's so fucking rude, shameful and disrespectful of them to compromise a manga that has been released since the 80's into small movies. Fucking stupid. If they do it right, do it good, I'll buy the blurays, 100%. The 3 movies that came out are bullshit, I even think the admins went too soft on it when the shittalked about it on the podcast, you can't shittalk about the movies enough. (Edit: I take it back. I'm listening to it right now, came to the part where Aaz wants the filmguys to get killed :ganishka: I'm laughin my as off).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
RanShi said:
3) Two three hour movies based on the Tower of Conviction part.

That'd be way too short, unless you're just talking about the chapter of the Birth Festival.

Aazealh said:
That'd be way too short, unless you're just talking about the chapter of the Birth Festival.

True. I stand corrected. Just checked my volumes: Birth Ceremony Chapter, Conviction Arc. Volumes 17 (minus Rosine), 18, 19, 20, 21.
That's 4 and a half volumes, so maybe 2 movies @ a total of 4,5 hours. Would be so fucking awesome. :mozgus:

Gurifisu

Sweet dreams, dear child of god.
I honestly wished either Ufotable or Bones animated the movies. I'm honestly more impressed with their works. I would of been much happier if they used pretty much any other technique than their extremely awkward CGI.

On topic I'm wondering if they'll do a quick pass over the snake baron, 20 minutes maybe?

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Gurifisu said:
On topic I'm wondering if they'll do a quick pass over the snake baron, 20 minutes maybe?

From what I've seen of what was supposed to be the snake baron, I would not even want to see it.

I bet the entire conviction arc will be crammed into the next movie. Only 3 more movies have been announced, correct? So...that's like one arc per film.

The movie might begin with a 5 minute dream/flashback of the beginning of volume 14, ending with Guts waking up to the Bandits about to kill Jill. Her and Rosine's story will be hardly touched upon (and who cares about Peekaf?), and the fight between Guts and Rosine will be there solely to show some violence early on.

After that boring moth girl fight is over with, we'll skip to Guts seeing Casca burned at the stake in another shaky cam dream brought on by the demon child (rendered in the highest quality 3D animation). Guts will run around a bit with Puck (who has been in the background up to this point), meet Isidro , Serpico and Farnese. Farnese will be infatuated for no reason, because her past encounter with Guts will have been omitted. Luca will be as important to the plot as Jill was.

Suddenly Casca getting burnt by Mozgus! Mozgus will scream a lot. Here comes Skull Knight! A bunch of CG fighting! Guts hugs Casca. The rebirth ceremony will happen for some reason, but hey Griffith is back! More fighting...etc. The movie will end with Farnese saying she will follow Guts as she watches him riding into the sunset with Casca.

That's my 'I have no faith in these movies' prediction.

Lithrael said:

Now that I think of it I wonder what fans of the manga at the time thought of the direction everything took after the Eclipse. And for that matter what fans who started with the Dark Horse trx thought when they got up to vol 14 or so.

I wonder whether 4°C will begin to work in the demon baby? I mean if they continue to adapt the series, they can't leave him out forever...

Lost Children is one of my favorite arcs, though, I can't deny I'd love to see any of it animated.

Given that the manga began with The Black Swordsman Arc I think readers were given enough heads up of what to expect later. Fans of the movies? Well, that might be a problem for them. :ganishka:

I also hope the Demon Child is at least acknowledged, otherwise there are going to be a lot of plot holes.

As for Rosine's nakedness, I don't see it as much of a problem since it is not meant to be titillating. However I am not familiar with Japan's obscenity laws when it comes to underage nudity.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gummyskull said:
I bet the entire conviction arc will be crammed into the next movie. Only 3 more movies have been announced, correct? So...that's like one arc per film.

I might have missed something since I'm not following movie news too closely, but I don't think anything's been announced in regard to future movies. In fact the next step in the "Berserk Film Project" might not even be a movie (could be OVAs for example).

Aazealh said:
In fact the next step in the "Berserk Film Project" might not even be a movie (could be OVAs for example).

Yeah, and that's the problem. That is not the appropriate format for a story like this. It'd be amazing if they did an anime. A good anime, Ufotable/Bones style, like Gurifisu said. Unfortunately, we will surely get more movies/OVAs with the only purpose of giving amounts of fanservice instead of telling a good story. However, I still don't lose the hope. When the manga is finished (in 30 years or so), maybe we could see a good Berserk adaptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom