Sankari's Custom Paints!

I thought I'd share with you guys.
I decided to repaint my Guts figma Berserker Armor. I tried giving him a more metallic/ worn look,
and also made the Dragonslayer a bit gory. Hope you like it. Now I'm finally at peace with this figure :)

fl03eTW.jpg

iVNJw5N.jpg

(previously )

zkYEWmU.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Re: Figma Guts Berserker Armor - custom paint

Nice work Sankari! I own this figma, but I never thought about how it could be improved (besides gluing Schierke to Guts's back, cause that damn thing is always falling off). Good for you for taking matters into your own hands! :slan: It looks so glossy.

Re: Figma Guts Berserker Armor - custom paint

Grail said:
Nice work Sankari! I own this figma, but I never thought about how it could be improved (besides gluing Schierke to Guts's back, cause that damn thing is always falling off). Good for you for taking matters into your own hands! :slan: It looks so glossy.

Thanks. Glad you Like him

pU9mK7X.jpg

by the way. Skull Knight is also a custom :)

Griffith 1/10 Hawk Soldier on Horse

Just finished the assembly and painting of this resin kit.
I still didn't finish the base because I'm waiting for the dremel , to fix him with pins.
The quality of the resin wasn't great on the small pieces, so I custom made the helmet, the right hand with epoxy,
the saddle and straps are leather, some other details are metal. Made a little "sash" to hold his scabbard.
To cover the imperfections on the resin, which I had to fill with epoxy, I used blue satin. Decided to give him a red inner cape, to make him look "regal"

I4SqvKd.jpg

My little custom rakhsas apostle

I had some epoxy clay lying around so I tried my hand at sculpting a little custom Rakshas

Tbg7IT3.jpg

Perhaps next time , if I had more epoxy to work with, I'd make him taller and with more curves etc. Make a better pose.
Oh well, its far from perfect, just wanted to try :)

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Cool idea! I don't know if it's an effect of the epoxy clay, but I like how his cloak has this "twisty" effect.

By the way, I merged your topics so we can find your projects in one place. :casca:

IncantatioN said:
Haha, your Rakshas looks pretty cool. Was it hard to put lot of detail on it because of the small size of your sculpt? I like the cloak.

I don`t particularly like epoxy for this purpose, I usually use it to fix resin kits , bind pieces together.
For sculpting it dries too fast and its hard to add details. I just wanted to mess around with what I had left.
The little teeth were specially difficult because of the scale.

Grail said:
Cool idea! I don't know if it's an effect of the epoxy clay, but I like how his cloak has this "twisty" effect.

By the way, I merged your topics so we can find your projects in one place. :casca:

Yeah, I gave it a couple of twists :) Its one thing I want to pick up in the future, once I get a bit more free time :)

And here are some of the other things I did recently:

bznMhxll.jpg

I added vegetation, moss and foliage to my Guts 1/6 from Berserkberserk

15c58Zrl.jpg

Finished the base for my griffith hawk soldier on horse.

Wow that Rakshas is amazing for being home made! I actually think the clay looks perfect for the cloak, the twist-thing was a great idea. And tbh its cool how you were able to make a pefectly decent mask too at that scale. Another idea could be to only make the cloak outta clay and fix another material for the mask, like say, a little processed piece of wood or something and take like thorns from some bush (exist where I live anyways) for the spikes/teeth to make them look as athentic as possible... Haha just thinking out loud :iva: This made me wanna do this kinda stuff too.

Hanma_Baki said:
Wow that Rakshas is amazing for being home made! I actually think the clay looks perfect for the cloak, the twist-thing was a great idea. And tbh its cool how you were able to make a pefectly decent mask too at that scale. Another idea could be to only make the cloak outta clay and fix another material for the mask, like say, a little processed piece of wood or something and take like thorns from some bush (exist where I live anyways) for the spikes/teeth to make them look as athentic as possible... Haha just thinking out loud :iva: This made me wanna do this kinda stuff too.

Oh, thank you :) I'm glad you liked it ! Well i've got a couple ideas up my sleep, and yours were certainly excellent !

To give an idea of how much I like improv ;) I used leather from an old sandal to make griffith's saddle and straps.
His sword is epoxy and a cut-out credit card painted with chrome/silver.

For Gut's custom work on the base, I used tea leaves, oregano, and some other spices. Also used paper and a kitchen sponge for the moss . ( for the herbs I sterilized them and made them odorless, then I gave them a couple of coats of silicon ,and then superglue. The "leaves" on the ground I made out of green paper.

For the tall grass on griffith's base I used an old brush , for the rest - a sponge , and some small rocks ;)

Top Bottom