Will We Ever See Jill Again?

Jill was always one of my favorite side characters in the manga. In particular her monologue at the end of the lost children arc might be my absolute favorite writing in the series. I think that the back and forth between her and Guts was really interesting. Does anybody think we might hear from her again eventually? I realize the odds are slim, but who knows.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Heisenberg said:
Jill was always one of my favorite side characters in the manga. In particular her monologue at the end of the lost children arc might be my absolute favorite dialogue in the series. I think that the back and forth between her and Guts was really interesting. Does anybody think we might hear from her again eventually? I realize the odds are slim, but who knows.

With the world being in the state it's in, I have a hunch that well see a lot of the side characters from previous arcs. Would be cool to see them influenced by Guts in some way to rise above the others humans.

I would also like to see how that one girl from the blackswordsman arc who swore revenge against Guts would turn out. Will she become a powerful warrior consumed with revenge the way Guts was in that arc? Maybe the next time we see her she will attempt to assassinate Guts. Her encounter with Guts definitely changed her and it would be cool to see a soft person like her turn into a hard ass like Guts.

Pheonixking3000 said:
I would also like to see how that one girl from the blackswordsman arc who swore revenge against Guts would turn out. Will she become a powerful warrior consumed with revenge the way Guts was in that arc? Maybe the next time we see her she will attempt to assassinate Guts. Her encounter with Guts definitely changed her and it would be cool to see a soft person like her turn into a hard ass like Guts.

That would seem a little cliche to me if they did that. Having her turn into a badass would seem a little too on the nose after having her swear vengeance on Guts. Now maybe I could have seen her becoming an apostle or something, but at this point in the story I don't imagine that will happen.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Pheonixking3000 said:
I would also like to see how that one girl from the blackswordsman arc who swore revenge against Guts would turn out.
I can't imagine it'd be very likely she'd still be in that mindset... I see Theresia mentioned a lot as "wouldn't it be cool if she tried to take out Guts." But this always bugged me... Her declaration was a hollow threat made by a kid who'd just had her entire life uprooted. I believe it was done to emphasize the collateral damage of Guts' own war against the God Hand and apostles. Not necessarily to swing back around to an assassination attempt out of nowhere, 20 years later.

Heisenberg said:
. Does anybody think we might hear from her again eventually? I realize the odds are slim, but who knows.

I've thought about this a lot, and I think that if we see her again (or Luca or Jerome for that matter) it would probably be at the end of the series. I could imagine Miura trying to tie up all of the loose ends, as he takes Berserk very seriously and develops the storyline far in advance. Depending on how you think the series might progress, the human population may become so small that they have no choice but to be gathered together and encounter Guts again. Or, whatever Guts final confrontation with Griffith becomes, it could be on such a large, earth shattering scale that Miura feels it's worth it to show us their reactions.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I really hope that a lot of our favorite side characters have migrated to Falconia. I love Jill too. It would be so amazing to see her again.

I'm still hoping to see Theresia.

Gobolatula said:
I really hope that a lot of our favorite side characters have migrated to Falconia. I love Jill too. It would be so amazing to see her again.

I'm still hoping to see Theresia.
I think you're right that Falconia is the most likely place, I was just looking at it from the perspective of how they could encounter Guts again. One thing I really would like to get a better sense of when the series resumes is whether anyone else is still holding their own outside of Falconia, or if the only humans will be Guts & Co. at Skellig and those who survive with Griffith's protection. I can't imagine Jill's village could hold out since even a raiding party was able to soundly overrun them, and who knows where Theresia is. Seeing as how Luca and the other girls went with Jerome, I'd imagine they're at Falconia already (if they're alive anyway).

Its hard to say, I could see it going both ways. I would think if Miura does do some cameos like Jill, this would be the perfect time like others said, as it could show how they are dealing with the new world.

Top Bottom