FEAR THY WRATH! (A newcomer aproatches)

Chosen Immortal

Blood & guts & Guts & God-Hand
Yo! :guts: First obligatory on SK to clear my name from the inquisitors 'list.

I have been a fan of Berserk for almost 2 years now, and am currently near finishing the current manga volumes. (taking my time to savor it because of the massive hiatus going on.) My order of inauguration with the series is: Original Anime, Golden Age Films and finally the Manga. Love the films in particular and can't wait for further adaptations. :ubik:

Anyways, I'm general hesitant to join online communities of any sort, though here I am. Hopefully i can overcome that and be more involved in the discussion of this sublime masterpiece. :puck: Happy Halloween! I'll likely be hiding in my basement reading Berserk to avoid the raid of child demons barking for mortal sustenance.

Puck is awesome.. n.n

Welcome to the Abyss my friend. Hehe, would be better if you don't mention your love for the movies, because... well... let's say they were not appreciated very much by the community, myself included. My thing was anime series -> manga -> movies, and if you compare all three, all of the anime adaption were missing sooo much. The movies even skipped the whole Black Swordsman arc :ganishka:
Btw i'm pretty fresh to Berserk too, only discovered it in 2012, would be cool to hear your story how you got into it, we got a thread in the Miscellaneous section, check it out if you like
Anyway, welcome to the gang, enjoy your time :D

Chosen Immortal

Thanks! I'd say i appreciate the artistic merits Studio 4*c did for the films. Soundtrack most of all. Shiro Saigesu is my favorite composer who did Evangelion, and that's pretty much my Gateway into "otakuisms." Yet I am now just embracing these untold powers. :beast: Gurrrriiiifiiiiiiiith!!!

Oh wait, he did Evanglion?? Awesome, didn't know that, thanks man. Well, my thing will always be Forces by Susumu Hirasawa. For me it's like someone constantly yelling into your ear "Stand up! YOU ARE NOT DEAD YET! Stand up! Stand up and fight! Forward, always march forward!" which is basically what Guts represents for me, the man who (for himself and his friends) walks through hell... to kill a god. I was wondering, you said you are going slowly through the manga right now, are you already at the point where he gets... well... the Berserk armor... or in other words, when "shit is getting real" :ganishka:

Chosen Immortal

yeah i like Eva allot to :puck: but berserk fills a different category of awesome. Forces is great, especially the god hand mix. I have to wonder though.. will guts ever reach his goal.. and at what price? :guts: :beast: :femto:

I'm on Volume 28 currently.. That Armor is insane :beast:! It carries the series title after all. It makes me want to play the ps2 game where you control guts- but its in Japanese. :puck:

what price, now thats a good question. I have a personal theory, but i'm not really sure how things will work out. I want to see him tear down the pillars of the world, i want him to meet the idea of evil (do you know the "lost episode"?), i want it to try to convince Guts of its great masterplan, i want, i don't know, maybe even have Skull Knight trying to fight Guts because he can't believe a mortal being can resist the idea of evil, and then, at the end, i want to see Guts reject the idea of evil, reject God, with the dirtiest smile you've ever seen from him, and then... oh i don't know, i have a lot of ideas, but all of this does belong in the Speculation section i think :guts:

I'm actually storing a 30 year old bottle of scottish whisky for the day it will happen :ganishka:

Chosen Immortal

I don't yet know why the idea of evil is now, I think schirkie mentioned it. I know about guts meeting with 'god'. Probably a better question then how will it end is will it end at all? Miuras sick and all. I hope a gets an apprentice to finish it in the worst case scenario. I feel no matter what ending, guts will finally die a Herod death, to save cassava or the world. That's usually how it goes. I wonder, does Moira even know the ending himself? He's awfully patient

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Chosen Immortal said:
Yo! :guts: First obligatory on SK to clear my name from the inquisitors 'list.

Welcome!

Rendarg said:
Hehe, would be better if you don't mention your love for the movies, because... well... let's say they were not appreciated very much by the community, myself included.

:schierke: The guy's allowed to have an opinion, you know.

Chosen Immortal said:
yeah i like Eva allot to :puck: but berserk fills a different category of awesome. Forces is great, especially the god hand mix. I have to wonder though.. will guts ever reach his goal.. and at what price? :guts: :beast: :femto:
Chosen Immortal said:
I'm on Volume 28 currently.. That Armor is insane :beast:! It carries the series title after all. It makes me want to play the ps2 game where you control guts- but its in Japanese. :puck:

In the future, please don't double post. Instead you can modify your existing posts at any time with more info.

Chosen Immortal said:
I don't yet know why the idea of evil is now, I think schirkie mentioned it. I know about guts meeting with 'god'. Probably a better question then how will it end is will it end at all?
The Idea of Evil is what Griffith sees in the Abyss in Volume 13. Guts doesn't meet it, so I guess you're confusing things. There was an entire episode that wasn't included in the volumes where Griffith has a conversation with this god, and learns the nature of his existence.

Miuras sick and all.

He's on hiatus to work ahead on the series. His health isn't a known quantity, but is the subject of a popular rumor about why the series has been delayed.

I hope a gets an apprentice to finish it in the worst case scenario. I feel no matter what ending, guts will finally die a Herod death, to save cassava or the world. That's usually how it goes. I wonder, does Moira even know the ending himself? He's awfully patient

Man, these typos are something else... It's been discussed to death, but I don't personally think Guts necessarily has to die for the series to end properly. I think the guy has fought long and hard throughout his entire life, been through quite a lot, and it'd be a shame if it ended with him dying.

Walter said:
:schierke: The guy's allowed to have an opinion, you know.
haha, well sorry Walter, but i just remember how my "how would you imagine a 4th movie" thread was crushed, with a single "it will suck as hard as the last one" :ganishka:
and i did love some stuff from the movies, they were just mediocre in comparision to the manga

Walter said:
I think the guy has fought long and hard throughout his entire life, been through quite a lot, and it'd be a shame if it ended with him dying.
Ah, i could just hug you right now for this. Uh, well, in a manly way i mean... uhm... i mean.. ah forget it :ganishka:

Garrus and maleShep way, i think thats what i meant :D

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Welcome to the board! :casca:

Chosen Immortal said:
Anyways, I'm general hesitant to join online communities of any sort, though here I am. Hopefully i can overcome that and be more involved in the discussion of this sublime masterpiece.
One thing I still find useful is the search tool. It's a really handy way to look up topics that you wouldn't have thought about before. I read up a lot before I started posting in the manga discussions.

Chosen Immortal said:
Puck is awesome.. n.n
You're in the right place, friend!

Rendarg said:
Ah, i could just hug you right now for this. Uh, well, in a manly way i mean... uhm... i mean.. ah forget it :ganishka:

Garrus and maleShep way, i think thats what i meant :D
Ain't no shame in two men hugging each other, Rendarg. Just make sure you finish up those calibrations first.

Top Bottom