[AOW] Berserk - The Tentacle Ship 2013

Liad said:
Those are totally valid points, but my issue is that in many cases it's just a pointy sword, not a massive sculpt such as Wyald/Zodd. For example, The Kurono Statue has a sword that's maybe 1 cm in diameter (if that), and that alone is 30 cm straight up, so it utilizes space horribly. If they made the pose so that Kurono is preparing for a lunge, you have volume in horizontal lengths, so you can turn the statue to fit better. 20th does this very well, but that single sword alone can stop you from placing maybe 3-4 additional figures, because it creates so much dead space around it.

I thought about this for a while and I agree and disagree with you, It does create dead space or make displaying a little awkward if you don't have the proper set up. The thing is if all statues were using the same pose or utilizing the space similarly they wouldn't have a unique look and it would all look uniform and to me thats a bad thing if every guts is the same. I have a magneto statue that is taller and wider then the tentacle ship I chose that one vs a more standard pose because well it looks way more magneto floating over everything. The Gants figure with the sword straight up I bet looks awesome with other statues around it and him doing the thunder cats HO! pose. In the end I stand with you know the dimensions you don't have to get every one and I personally like the diversity.

roskus said:
Hi guys, AOW refresh me next week.

I hope for the best

roskus said:
Hi guys, AOW refresh me next week.

Good. Will you get refund or replacement?

this is the "luckily" small damage of mine: click
I haven't tried to glue back the piece yet, because I think I will need some putty, it isn't properly a clear-cut break.

Anyway, after AoW asked me for taking pictures of the damage and all the packaging materials used, adding an explanation on what I think would have happened...
their judgment is... no compensation but 5,000 YEN of discount for a next-preorder, because, their words: "it is difficult to judge the exact reason, and we are afraid that it is not easy to get compensation from Japan Post for this kind of damage"...

Zoddit said:
Good. Will you get refund or replacement?

this is the "luckily" small damage of mine: click
I haven't tried to glue back the piece yet, because I think I will need some putty, it isn't properly a clear-cut break.

Anyway, after AoW asked me for taking pictures of the damage and all the packaging materials used, adding an explanation on what I think would have happened...
their judgment is... no compensation but 5,000 YEN of discount for a next-preorder, because, their words: "it is difficult to judge the exact reason, and we are afraid that it is not easy to get
compensation from Japan Post for this kind of damage"...

Mhmm... 5000 yen for compensatin 100.000... no good, but the damege is realty little. Now aow want a damegereport by PosteItaliane, Lol!

I've been consulting with US hobby distributor Kolektakon for awhile now, and recently they've brought some exciting news to me that they are contemplating an exclusive of the Tentacle Ship! I wanted to come and get some feedback from people looking at the statue or owners to see what color revisions they'd like to see in a future version? It will be a very exclusive run for a small quantity. The only real idea I have is they should dim out the right eye completely on the statue. Let's hear it guys, all feedback welcome on the repaint!

Actually I don't think AOW is releasing one that soon, they are going to eventually (as expected hah). But the company I consult with is interested in approaching them with an exclusive....so I wanted to see if anyone had any good feedback on a recolor/what you'd like to see different. It would be an extremely small run for sure, nothing close to 100 and most likely nothing over 50 units.

Probably anything sculpting wise will not change because that would involve reapproval on many levels with the publishers and branding for Berserk. It would just be a recolor of some sort.....or maybe this is not a great idea and why fix it when nothing's broken right? :beast:

I finally opened mine. It is in perfect condition. So happy. Extreme happy.

I will throw in my two cents. This statue is actually amazing. The guts himself is quiet large in compare with the 1/10 scale guts. The skulpt and painting wise is perfect. Even the sea salt are all painted on the base. The blood shows up much better and obvious on this one than the 20th last ver. The piece is very perfect in my eyes. We'll worth the money. This statue however is still smaller than 20th by half through. The overall presences are however better than 20th due to the large base. The minion wolf are in scale with others. I have to say the wolf is actually very we'll painted.

A french retrailer is selling a Berserk Tentacle Ship standard version :

http://www.figurines-collection-collectues.com/figurines-collection-resine/30-guts-the-tentacle-ship-by-art-of-war.html

This shop is probably the onlyone to sell this statue.

wow, a bit pricey...
I think that saying the standard version is limited to 33 pieces could be a little misleading, at least for a newbie... I mean, what you receive is something numbered from 78 to 110...

Zoddit said:
wow, a bit pricey...
I think that saying the standard version is limited to 33 pieces could be a little misleading, at least for a newbie... I mean, what you receive is something numbered from 78 to 110...

yes the way they put it is a bit deceiving, they make you believe there is only 33 pieces

Finally, i had aow response for my statue broken.
they give me an other statue (free shipping) and 10% discount for cannon spinning.
Great solution!

roskus said:
Finally, i had aow response for my statue broken.
they give me an other statue (free shipping) and 10% discount for cannon spinning.
Great solution!

good to hear, the discount is not a big deal indeed but the important is that they will send you a free brand new Tentacle Ship Statue body.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
I ended up purchasing my tentacle ship from the French retailer mentioned above. I was able to secure a 10% discount thanks to the general manager of the company, Sébastien. He was very attentive and provided quality shipping. He also opened the thing up to check for damage prior to shipping and sent me pictures to confirm. Very cool. I will try to post pics but my camera skills are shite and the pics are embarrassing and hard on the eyes. There are enough quality pics of it posted here anyway.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Agreed and thanks for the congratulations. I was very impressed as soon as I opened it. It's easily my favorite. Not to sound too bratty or spoiled but I will probably end up with the repaint when that's released. I've been buzzing all day since I opened this baddy :beast:

Update: upon further inspection I found the pirate head/ship wobbles. The pirate skull part of the ship wobbles thus everything on it wobbles, from to back to front. HAS anyone experienced this? The part around it, directly on the base, is sturdy, but everything stemming from the center that sits on the bottom half of the jaw is unsecured :)

More specifically the upper jaw of the pirate goes back and forth as if the mouth would open. VERY SCARY. I'm worried about the thing giving out under the weight of guts. I feel like I have to take it apart if I'm ever to move it. I hope no one else has this problem but if you do or if you have a solution please let me know. Thanks, all!

Top Bottom