SECRET SCHNOZ 2020! It's Gift Time!!

What should the post minimum be to particpate?

• 0 - No minimum

Votes: 3 30.0%

Votes: 1 10.0%

Votes: 4 40.0%

• 250+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Re: SECRET SCHNOZ 2015! Gift time!!

Dar Klink said:
I got my gift from Rhombaad the other day and got some awesome stuff!

An Eraserhead bluray I've been eyeing as well as some volumes of Berserk to help round out my collection. Hurray for Lynch solidarity Gobby! Thanks Rhomby, I'll probably watch the movie tonight or tomorrow! I'm really excited to see it in Criterion quality!

You're very welcome! I'm so glad you like them. :serpico:

JMP said:
I made a stamp by carving a piece of linoleum. I had to do it twice because the first time I got a little overzealous with my carving tool and cut off one of the little pointed prongy things on the top of the brand as well as messing up the border. But I just couldn't give up on the Berserk wrapping paper! :puck: The second time I took it slower and was more patient and things went much better. (Go figure, right?)

That is so cool. You did such a great job that I thought it was professionally done at first. I thought it was official wrapping paper from AoW that came with one of their statues.

Oburi said:
Now THAT'S a good gift!

Hehe. :void:

Wow! Well, thanks very much, y'all. I remembered making stamps in art class when I was in high school, so that gave me the confidence to give it a go. It's really not too difficult, especially when you're working on a fairly simple design. The linoleum is cool because you can draw a picture in pencil on paper and then put it over the linoleum and rub and it'll transfer. Then it's just a matter of carving out around the design. It was a fun project!

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Well damn guys, I just opened my package after picking it up from the post office, and this ones'a doozy! Thank you so much, Jackolyn!!

The lady at the post office handed me my parcel (which was enormous) and when I rushed home to open it, this was what was inside:

VoidArt_zpsskgklfnn.png

:void: :void: :void:

It's a large picture. I didn't get out any measuring tape, but by my estimation it's around 30 inches long. And sadly, I don't think the photo really captures the texture of the piece -- the black is velvety and richly colored, and the white lovingly (eerily?) captures all of the little details of Void's design. If I were at, say, an anime convention and saw something like this being sold, I would not be sure if I could afford something that clearly had been made with so much attention to detail. Maybe I'll take some detail shots later!

So with that said, thank you very very much Jackolyn for your wonderful gift! I'm buying a frame for this guy ASAP!

Oh, and my mom's cat loves the packaging, by the way.
Preshie_zpsam9smyme.png

Grail said:
Well damn guys, I just opened my package after picking it up from the post office, and this ones'a doozy! Thank you so much, Jackolyn!!

The lady at the post office handed me my parcel (which was enormous) and when I rushed home to open it, this was what was inside:

VoidArt_zpsskgklfnn.png

:void: :void: :void:

It's a large picture. I didn't get out any measuring tape, but by my estimation it's around 30 inches long. And sadly, I don't think the photo really captures the texture of the piece -- the black is velvety and richly colored, and the white lovingly (eerily?) captures all of the little details of Void's design. If I were at, say, an anime convention and saw something like this being sold, I would not be sure if I could afford something that clearly had been made with so much attention to detail. Maybe I'll take some detail shots later!

So with that said, thank you very very much Jackolyn for your wonderful gift! I'm buying a frame for this guy ASAP!

Oh, and my mom's cat loves the packaging, by the way.
Preshie_zpsam9smyme.png

I'm so happy you like it! Sorry it arrived late, I sent it off on the 15th and had my fingers crossed but alas twas the season! :void:

It's actually airbrushed on black suede illustration board, with a bit of white conte' and black charcoal for some drawing details to tighten it up. I've fallen in LOVE with that board, it's perfect for airbrushing on, and very forgiving!
It took me only around 3 hours or so to put together, but I sure was sad to send it off! I'm very pleased with how it turned out!

Please do post a picture once you have it framed! I would love to see it!

97ikfZQ.jpg

Re: Re: SECRET SCHNOZ 2015! Gift time!!

Was traveling and couldn't post about opening my gift sooner cos I was in areas without internet access but I have access where I'm at tonight.

I got Dar Klink! Dude, thanks SO MUCH for sharing something you love with me. Super stoked to check them both out especially coming recommended by you and worry not, I haven't read either of them :guts:

B76VGm2.jpg

Glad you got yours in time JMP and that you're enjoying it :serpico:. I like what you did with that cat~print~cloth~thingie ^_^. I was clumsy and forgot to put it in with everything else.

Huge Thank You to everyone who partook in the Secret Schnoz of '15 and making it yet another success, you guys are awesome. Like every year, it wouldn't be possible without the help of the wonderful Grail.

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Jackolyn said:
I'm so happy you like it! Sorry it arrived late, I sent it off on the 15th and had my fingers crossed but alas twas the season! :void:

No worries at all! These things do happen because of the postal system being overwhelmed during the holidays. In any case, it was certainly worth the wait!

Jackolyn said:
It's actually airbrushed on black suede illustration board, with a bit of white conte' and black charcoal for some drawing details to tighten it up. I've fallen in LOVE with that board, it's perfect for airbrushing on, and very forgiving!
It took me only around 3 hours or so to put together, but I sure was sad to send it off! I'm very pleased with how it turned out!
[/spoilers]

Aha, mystery solved! :guts: It's really cool that you were incorporate so many different media into a piece that looks so smooth and refined! And in only 3 hours, that's pretty amazing if you ask me!

Jackolyn said:
Please do post a picture once you have it framed! I would love to see it!
(image)

Will do (I'll probably edit this post). And thanks for posting a better quality image. It's hanging next to my bed, so I see Void every night before going to sleep. :griffnotevil:

IncantatioN said:
Was traveling and couldn't post about opening my gift sooner cos I was in areas without internet access but I have access where I'm at tonight.

I got Dar Klink! Dude, thanks SO MUCH for sharing something you love with me. Super stoked to check them both out especially coming recommended by you and worry not, I haven't read either of them :guts:

Awesome presents, Incantation! I read Wrinkle in Time many many years ago, but I remember it being a fun ride!

IncantatioN said:
Huge Thank You to everyone who partook in the Secret Schnoz of '15 and making it yet another success, you guys are awesome. Like every year, it wouldn't be possible without the help of the wonderful Grail.

Ditto, thanks everyone for another awesome year! And well, I'm glad to help organize it, but it's definitely an effort on both our parts.

I hope everyone is enjoying their presents, and is having a very happy new year weekend! :slan:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Re: SECRET SCHNOZ 2016! Sign up by Nov 15!

Hey guys! Happy Halloween! Just letting you know (a teensy weensy bit early :slan: ) that Secret Schnoz 2016 is officially upon us, so please remember to sign up by November 15th if you're interested in getting in on the presents and holiday fun!

As always, check out the first post for rules and directions on how to participate! Plus, a new banner. :badbone:

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Great to see some new faces participating this year! :guts: I think you guys will be in for a treat, if previous years have been any indication!

Don't forget to PM me and/or Incantation with the following info if you haven't already:

1. The address you'd like to have your gift delivered to (this info will only be seen by me, Incantation and your Secret Schnoz). You can also provide something in place of an address (Steam ID, email, etc) if you'd prefer a digital gift and/or want to keep your address private.
2. A list of at least 3 gift preferences. Don't leave your Secret Schnoz in the dark! :griffnotevil: Just don't ask for anything like a new laptop, ya goof.

__Bonfire__ said:
I'd like to participate eventually but... How do my secret Schnoz knows what kind of stuff I like?

That's why you PM Grail your info and gift preferences. They'll pass along that info to your secret Schnoz when they make the pairings :guts:

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Thanks for chiming in, Jackolyn! If anyone still has questions after reviewing the rules on the first page, please don't hesitate to let me or Incantation know - we'll be happy to help you out.

Also, another reminder to all who have expressed interest in participating, be sure to provide your physical address / email address / Steam ID, etc, as well as at least 3 gift preferences to myself or Incantation by Nov 15th. I'm not chasing you all down! :ganishka:

That said, we're close to surpassing last year's number of participants! That means that each and every year that Secret Schnoz has been a thing, we've had more and more folks join in. Thank you all for making it such a special event!

Count me in, too! I had a lot of fun last year. I like the new banner, Grail! I got some amusement imagining the poor Schnoz with a cold. :ganishka: That's just wrong when pretty much all you are is a nose! :schnoz:

Re: Re: SECRET SCHNOZ 2016! Sign up by Nov 15!

Awesome JMP, glad you're back for the Schnozzing fest this year!

Quick reminder for everyone wanting to sign up. Submissions close tomorrow on November 15th. If you'd like to be part of it, follow Grail's post a couple of posts above or http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14100.msg245342#msg245342 (for convenience).

Grail

Feel the funk blast

IncantatioN said:
Awesome JMP, glad you're back for the Schnozzing fest this year!

Quick reminder for everyone wanting to sign up. Submissions close tomorrow on November 15th. If you'd like to be part of it, follow Grail's post a couple of posts above or http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=14100.msg245342#msg245342 (for convenience).

Thank you Canty! And thank you to JMP and all the other folks who have joined in this week!

Now, in customary Secret Schnoz fashion, there are a few who have signed up but still need to send in their gift preferences. Unless you want nothing but Amazon gift cards, please do get in touch! :carcus:

Alright guys, registration for this year's Secret Schnoz is closed and the Schnozamiser :schnoz: has picked/ matched who got who! PM's have been sent to everyone and just a quick reminder to everyone participating to -

(i) please send out your gifts in time so they get to your Schnoz before December 25; and
(ii) update the topic when you send your gift out so Grail and I know/ can tally things up at our end

If you have any questions or need some help, don't hesitate to contact me and/or Grail.

Good luck everyone!

Rhombaad said:
Gift sent! :guts:

Nice! And so it has begun! I'll be picking up my gifts when I'm in the city next week, but I'll send them off ASAP so it doesn't arrive late again.... :casca:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Re: SECRET SCHNOZ 2016! Time for Presents!

It has indeed begun! And what a surprise I got this evening when I came back from work! My Secret Schnoz was XionHorsey, and they got me an AWESOME variety pack of vegan "beef" jerky! I have to say, this was a truly fantastic surprise, because I did love regular old beef jerky back when I used to eat meat. I tried the mesquite flavor, and can't wait to try the rest! :beast:

20161128_210249_zpszovkrzl4.jpg

Thanks Xion! I hope that as the gifts go out, folks will post what they got. :guts:

Top Bottom