SECRET SCHNOZ 2020! It's Gift Time!!

What should the post minimum be to particpate?

• 0 - No minimum

Votes: 3 30.0%

Votes: 1 10.0%

Votes: 4 40.0%

• 250+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grail

Feel the funk blast
XionHorsey said:
Well, I didn't say I got it yet, but it'll be easy once I do. I was referring the person I got. I don't think anyone sent me anything yet.

Ohh gotcha Xion, thanks for the correction. Sounds like you're on top of it!

TheBranded1 said:
I bought gift today, one of you should receive it no later than friday.

Thanks for the update Branded, and thanks for the heads-up to the thread!

I've just ordered the gifts for my Schnoz, and will be hopefully packaging them up and sending them out by the end of this week. :ubik:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I wanted to mention that I got a VNV Nation CD in an Amazon package! I want to thank the awesome person who got this for me from the bottom of my heart. I'm looking forward to listening to this! This group is one that I've been meaning to give a shot for a long time!

Got my Schnoz gifts the other day! :ubik:

Oooo, such a pretty gift bag!
yuFupAGl.jpg

And this is what I got: A very cool mug and delicious holiday chocolates! :guts:
8Mu8qxQl.jpg

I definitely have a new favorite mug now. So cute, I love it! ♥♥♥
c3dt4Ejl.jpg

Thank you so much, TheBranded1! :ubik:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, shipped mine out this evening. Hope it arrives safely~

Never having heard VNV Nation, I just put on the first video that showed up on YouTube called When Is The Future. Catchy track, the music reminds me euro stuff of the 80's/ 90's. Their discography's semi extensive - any favorites, Xion?

XionHorsey

Hi! Hi!
Their discography's semi extensive - any favorites, Xion?

When is the Future is the most recent song of his. A bit different from the earlier stuff. That album is Noire. My favorite songs on that one is Collide, Guiding, Armor, When is the Future, Only Satellites, and Requiem for Wires. Honestly, I like most of the songs on Noire.

Beyond that? Solitude(first VNV song I ever heard), Solitary, Standing, Airships, Beloved, Arena, Entropy, Epicenter, Prelude, Secluded Spaces, Holding on, and really, it's a pretty long list as I like 90% of it.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
XionHorsey said:
You're welcome! :) I hope you like it! VNV Nation is among my highest favorites.
I listened to the CD yesterday and it was inspiring! I plan on having it on repeat for the next week on my way to and from work. My favorite track is probably "Gratitude." Thank you very much!!

Also, I sent out Grail's and my gifts yesterday. :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I received my gifts from IncantatioN the other day:

Thank you so much, Piraan! My wife and I watched Spirited Away yesterday afternoon. We'd only seen it once 17 years ago when it first came out on DVD. I think we enjoyed it even more this time around. Thank you for helping us move one step closer to a complete Miyazaki collection. Thank you for the Berserk figurines, as well. That was very generous of you. They're now swarming my movie shelf. :void:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I just got home and got this from the mailman. Thanks Grail! Pins will surely be taken to work and conventions. I was thinking of just recycling the bag you sent me the gifts in, for next year. It stays in good shape and seems like a baton to pass to the next secret schnoz.

20181210-195800.jpg

Grail

Feel the funk blast
TheBranded1 said:
I just got home and got this from the mailman. Thanks Grail! Pins will surely be taken to work and conventions. I was thinking of just recycling the bag you sent me the gifts in, for next year. It stays in good shape and seems like a baton to pass to the next secret schnoz.

Hey man, glad you're enjoying the gifts! I gotta admit that I was coveting those pins, they seemed like high quality! And yes, by all means, please feel free to use the bag I gave you for the next Secret Schnoz. In fact, I had the same thought as you! Since JMP worked to create the lovely bag, it should be passed along to fellow Berserk fans who will be sure to appreciate it every year. :guts:

Speaking of presents, I received my gift from Rhombaad for this year! In the spirit of Christmas, I’ll be waiting to reveal my gift until the 25th! Thank you Rhomby, I can’t wait to see what you picked out. :serpico:

I know that I know :)

My post our worse
Rhombaad said:
I received my gifts from IncantatioN the other day:

Thank you so much, Piraan! My wife and I watched Spirited Away yesterday afternoon. We'd only seen it once 17 years ago when it first came out on DVD. I think we enjoyed it even more this time around. Thank you for helping us move one step closer to a complete Miyazaki collection. Thank you for the Berserk figurines, as well. That was very generous of you. They're now swarming my movie shelf. :void:

Man I remember when I first watched Spirited away mostly I was disturbed through most of the movie being how young I was. Mostly the old lady with the big head gave me some nightmare fuel Though "End Of Evangelion" and "Berserk" made me realize it was not that disturbing of a movie after all at least compared to those.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I know that I know :) said:
Man I remember when I first watched Spirited away mostly I was disturbed through most of the movie being how young I was. Mostly the old lady with the big head gave me some nightmare fuel Though "End Of Evangelion" and "Berserk" made me realize it was not that disturbing of a movie after all at least compared to those.

Yeah, I can see it being disturbing for younger viewers initially, what with her parents being turned into pigs and being left all alone in a scary place. It reminded me a lot of the Disney films I grew up watching in that respect. I didn't care for Spirited Away all that much the first time I saw it, but it's grown on me immensely over the years. Princess Mononoke is probably my favorite Miyazaki film, but Spirited Away is a very close second.

I know that I know :)

My post our worse
Rhombaad said:
Yeah, I can see it being disturbing for younger viewers initially, what with her parents being turned into pigs and being left all alone in a scary place. It reminded me a lot of the Disney films I grew up watching in that respect. I didn't care for Spirited Away all that much the first time I saw it, but it's grown on me immensely over the years. Princess Mononoke is probably my favorite Miyazaki film, but Spirited Away is a very close second.

My favorite is howls moving castle though princess Mononoke is really good as well just some of the symbolism in its went over my head through my first viewing of it,but I learn to appreciate it message through my other viewings.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Grail said:
Speaking of presents, I received my gift from Rhombaad for this year! In the spirit of Christmas, I’ll be waiting to reveal my gift until the 25th! Thank you Rhomby, I can’t wait to see what you picked out. :serpico:

Nice! You’re welcome! Hope you enjoy it!

XionHorsey

Hi! Hi!
Here are my gifts! I actually thought I got a CHEESE PRINTER! Yikes...anyway:

gXeFAW7.jpg
(I love the wrapping paper/ribbon! Awesome packaging!)

81DuNyY.jpg

sH3SQOJ.jpg
(I was really wondering about this, but then I realized that such a thing wouldn't make sense, so I kept looking).

VJ657o9.jpg
(HERE THEY ARE! YAY!)

O1Ptn9w.jpg
(Hooray! Scratch art!)

NKPfaIl.jpg
(EEE!! Shadow of the Colossus!)

Thank you, JMP! Jerky was yummy! I haven't tried the Keto bark yet, but I will!

XionHorsey said:
I actually thought I got a CHEESE PRINTER! Yikes...anyway:
:slan: Those gag gift boxes crack me up.

XionHorsey said:
(EEE!! Shadow of the Colossus!)
I really enjoyed playing this game back in the day. One of not that many video games I actually finished. :ganishka: (Ico included, too).

XionHorsey said:
Thank you, JMP! Jerky was yummy! I haven't tried the Keto bark yet, but I will!
You're very welcome! Happy holidays! :guts:

TheBranded1 said:
And you can always reuse those gift bags from Amazon.
Yup, that's the plan!

TheBranded1 said:
I was thinking of just recycling the bag you sent me the gifts in, for next year. It stays in good shape and seems like a baton to pass to the next secret schnoz.
Glad it travels well. Kind of cool for it to have more than one use. :serpico:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
I hope all the Christmas revelers are enjoying time with friends and family today! I opened my gift from Rhombaad, and it was the Dragon Quest Illustrations book that I'd been wanting! I can't wait to take a trip down memory lane with all those illustrations! Thanks friend!

SpliEZl.jpg

If anyone hasn't received their Schnoz gift yet, please let me know - otherwise, I hope everyone enjoys their gifts this year. :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Grail said:
I hope all the Christmas revelers are enjoying time with friends and family today! I opened my gift from Rhombaad, and it was the Dragon Quest Illustrations book that I'd been wanting! I can't wait to take a trip down memory lane with all those illustrations! Thanks friend!

You're most welcome! I hope you enjoy looking through it, and I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday. :serpico:

Hey everyone! I was out of the country and just returned this week. Came in to work to find a present from my secret Schnoz!!

cMTXJgj.jpg

This year I got Mr. Skull Knight himself aka Gobs :farnese:! Dude, this thing is heavy + high in height. I gobbled 2 chocolates already. NOT SHARING cos screw everyone else. Love the card (and the :ganishka: doodles) and thanks so much for sharing something you dig.

Another year and another successful secret Schnoz exchange complete - all thanks to everyone who participated. So, thank you everyone and special thanks to Grail, as always. Happy New Year everyone!

Top Bottom