Berserk > Berserk Miscellaneous

Gigantomakhia—new 6-part scifi miniseries by Miura

(1/61) > >>

Walter:

Gigantomakhia is Kentarou Miura's new 6-part miniseries, set in a world 100 million years in the future.

The title is a Greek phrase meaning Battle of Giants. It refers to the mythical war between the gods of Olympus and rebelling giants. For a much more rich exploration of Gigantomachia across the ages, check here.

According to an ad in the Nov. 8 issue of Young Animal, Gigantomakhia will run for 6 issues, likely ending in February 2014, with Berserk set to resume afterward.

The first episode will be 44 pages, with one color page.

We'll know a lot more about the series once we get closer to its release, so stay tuned here!

UPDATES:

--- Quote from: Walter on November 05, 2013, 01:34:00 PM ---Confirmation came this morning from 2ch that Gigantomakhia will begin its 6-issue run in the Nov. 22 issue of Young Animal, which makes the release schedule the following:

Issue 1: Nov. 22
Issue 2: Dec. 13
Issue 3: Dec. 27
Issue 4: Jan. 10
Issue 5: Jan. 24
Issue 6: Feb. 14  <3

With Berserk to resume afterward, possibly the Feb. 28 issue.

--- End quote ---

jackson_hurley:
I'd rather like it being a kind of reset story of humanity vs a sci-fi with robots. (I'm listening to the podcast right now and wanted to set my opinion, back to it now)

Do you guys think (thinking back to what I just heard in the podcast) the Miura worked on that mini during not only in the last break but also in the other ones? Might be a story he was already slowly working on in the past say 2 years?!

Walter:

--- Quote from: jackson_hurley on November 05, 2013, 12:52:33 AM ---I'd rather like it being a kind of reset story of humanity vs a sci-fi with robots.
--- End quote ---
It doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other. There could be both elements. Hypothetically, a super advanced civilization whose technology is only accessible to a select few (gods), while the rest of the world is stuck in a desolate condition. And while I know what you mean, it'll be a science-fiction story by definition, being set 100 million years in the future.

--- Quote ---Do you guys think (thinking back to what I just heard in the podcast) the Miura worked on that mini during not only in the last break but also in the other ones? Might be a story he was already slowly working on in the past say 2 years?!

--- End quote ---
Who can say for sure? My hunch is that he started it during the hiatus, but it may have been an idea he's had for a while. Now that I think about it, maybe he stumbled onto something that sparked his interest while researching material for the climax of Berserk.  :beast:

Hanma_Baki:
Great skullcast, you guys :guts: Cool timing btw, I was actually just about to rewatch MoS. But man! I cant describe how psyched I am for Gigantomakhia, just the title itself sounds so powerful (love Walters japanese pronounciation there :guts: ) yes, almost more psyched than for Berserk at this point, cause I really believe this will ignite his full creativeness for it in the future. And so thrilling with this greek mythology, a concept truly worthy of an artist such as Miura (granted there ARE artists like Miura out there :iva: )

TheBranded1:
It's good news to know Miura is doing something else berserk. Evenif it's just 6 issues it might just be the start of a new series. With all these months of no berserk , I think we might see several issues (4 to 5 my guess) until there's another pause . Who knows , let's enjoy this for now .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version