Author Topic: Gigantomakhia—new 6-part scifi miniseries by Miura  (Read 76325 times)

Offline Joe Chip

Re: Gigantomakhia—new 6-part scifi miniseries by Miura
« Reply #300 on: February 27, 2016, 03:54:50 PM »
We actually use the word "teras" in every day life. It's a literal translation to the word Monster. I don't know why they did change it since its simply called Monster in the Japanese translation

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2016, 06:39:39 PM »
We actually use the word "teras" in every day life. It's a literal translation to the word Monster. I don't know why they did change it since its simply called Monster in the Japanese translation

Oh, I see. Indeed, why tamper with the author's intent like that? He already included all the references to Greek mythology that he wanted to. Adding random Greek words on top of that, like they're doing, just comes across as a pointless gimmick. :miura:

Offline Mangetsu

« Reply #302 on: August 04, 2016, 02:14:30 PM »
Although late, im pretty sure by now that also this Cover of the Gigantomakhia Volume was digitally colored. I think it's nice to know around what time Miura started to color digitally.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #303 on: August 04, 2016, 05:09:47 PM »
Although late, im pretty sure by now that also this Cover of the Gigantomakhia Volume was digitally colored.

Yes, there is no doubt that it's digital when looked up close.