If a girl gives you her number, does that mean she likes you?

Alright guys, I have a quick update for my current situation here and I kind of expected this. After class I had a long walk and talking session with her all the way to her car, I'm really glad she parked way farther the second time around. I'm starting to like her more the more I know about her and the talk was going really good. Somewhere in the conversation she said she was sorry for not responding to my texts earlier as she, as expected is not really much of a texter and has a lot on her plate at the moment. She told me about her really long shifts at work and her other activities she has to deal with in her other school. I knew she was a hard worker, but damn haha, makes me admire her even more. When we got outside she told me where her car was and we just kept walking when we got outside. Everything was going fine and I felt calm the whole time, even when I almost tripped and fell down ( ground was icy) but I caught my footing and she had her hand on my shoulder asking me if I was alright. I said I was fine cheerfully and while I was smiling I began telling her that I was starting to like her more and that we should start hanging out more often like maybe in the weekend or something. She told me, that she doesn't really have time to hang out on weekends cause she works really long even after cutting her shifts.

So then I asked her right after if we could hang during winter break, but she said she was going to Florida during that time. I then started thinking to myself, that maybe she wasn't really interested after all, but then she reassured me that she truly isn't trying to shun me, she just has a very busy schedule. I said it was cool and complimented her by saying her car was nice. "It's 500 dollars and it was bought off craiglist" she says, lol felt dumb as shit after saying that haha. Then I asked her if she bought it herself and she said it was her sister's before she started using it. I told her that maybe I would give her a call later on after and she was smiling and said that it would be nice and I think she said to have a nice day, I don't really remember and I said bye back. I think I have a REALLY good chance with her at the moment. But honestly, I don't think I know where to go from here now that I think about it. I was hoping to possibly hang with her this christmas break but she won't be available then and that's when I was planning to make my move in straight up asking her to be my girlfriend. So the only thing I can really do now is call or text her, last time I get to see her in person is next Tuesday which is our last day of class. What do you guys think of my current situation? I need honest opinions from you.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Pheonixking3000 said:
But honestly, I don't think I know where to go from here now that I think about it.
She's busy and leaving for Florida for an entire month. You two could probably be good friends, but, if I were you, I'd move on to someone less busy and more open to dating.

Antonius Block

We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god.
Everything is looking good in my opinion. Slow and Steady is the name of the game. If it were me I think I'd try my luck at taking her out to lunch or dinner, say after class next Tuesday... Say something like, "Since we won't be seeing each other for awhile with the semester ending I was hoping I could take you out to lunch or something..." Now that you're feeling a little more confident about the situation it can't hurt to ask.

Definitely don't put off any other opportunities you may have in the interim though. As they say, don't put all of your eggs in one basket...

PS - If you get the date, and things progress nicely hold off on the asking her to be your girlfriend, if it is meant to be you will both know when your officially a couple.

Yeah I dont know if its cultural tradition to ask and make it "official" like that in your area but where I live people pretty much never do that thing as far as I know. And TBH I wouldnt recommend it, but as I said what do I know about the way of love over there, maybe your girls are into that sort of thing, Im most definitely sure they´re not into it here though. So, I agree with Knight Blockster above me.

And again, cultural differences here, I live in a pretty small town beside a slightly bigger one so when I meet someone who I got my sight set on Im not too eager to hang like that or rushing the process cause you generally got a pretty good overview of how things play out. Another great quote from Block "Slow and Steady is the name of the game." Your life styles might be more hectic-ish and study/work time consuming in comparison though (or is that the UK? w/e), so when you meet someone you really have to "grab hold of them" so to speak, that right? The dinner proposal is great , but beyond that I´d say just sit back and enjoy the ride of this stage, from how I interpret the situation you havent quite got her in the noose yet, right? Isnt that kind of a thrill in itself? The sweet thrill of the hunt :carcus:

EDIT: Lol I dont know why I tend to relate everything to myself all the time :ganishka: sorry if its annoying...

Deci

Not a fan of the throwing labels around like girlfriend/boyfriend. If you hang out a lot, you're friends. If you sleep together, you're fuck buddies. If you do both, you're together. That's sorta the name of the game.

I'm with Bob, don't get hung up on it, move on to someone else. Leave yourself open to anything and anybody, get attached to one person seems clingy and is not a good thing generally.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
If you're really interested in this girl, I don't think there's any problem with staying in touch over the holiday-- as long as you're not too aggressive with the texts. :griffnotevil:

As Bob and the others have mentioned, there are always people out there, so don't feel limited if you want to pursue others. At this stage, anything could still happen. That said, some courtships are longer than others, and you may need to put in more work with her than you would with someone else. Once you get to know each other better, you'll probably start to see which option is more worth it to you.

Deci

Walter said:
Fantastic advice. :schierke:

I'll admit I don't like to give dating/relationship advice but keeping it simple like that works in the beginning. The way I put it was crass but the simplicity is really what I'd hope is taken out of it.

Just like flirting and being seen with other girls can help pique the curiosity.

I'm done here. :badbone:

Antonius Block said:
Everything is looking good in my opinion. Slow and Steady is the name of the game. If it were me I think I'd try my luck at taking her out to lunch or dinner, say after class next Tuesday... Say something like, "Since we won't be seeing each other for awhile with the semester ending I was hoping I could take you out to lunch or something..." Now that you're feeling a little more confident about the situation it can't hurt to ask.

Definitely don't put off any other opportunities you may have in the interim though. As they say, don't put all of your eggs in one basket...

PS - If you get the date, and things progress nicely hold off on the asking her to be your girlfriend, if it is meant to be you will both know when your officially a couple.

I wish I could take her out but like I said earlier in the thread, I currently don't have a license and won't get one till around April or May. If we are going to go out, she would have to be the one to pick me up. The best I would be able to do is to ask her if she would like to eat or hang out at some places and offer to pay for everything to make up for having her pick me up.

Hanma_Baki said:
Yeah I dont know if its cultural tradition to ask and make it "official" like that in your area but where I live people pretty much never do that thing as far as I know. And TBH I wouldnt recommend it, but as I said what do I know about the way of love over there, maybe your girls are into that sort of thing, Im most definitely sure they´re not into it here though. So, I agree with Knight Blockster above me.

And again, cultural differences here, I live in a pretty small town beside a slightly bigger one so when I meet someone who I got my sight set on Im not too eager to hang like that or rushing the process cause you generally got a pretty good overview of how things play out. Another great quote from Block "Slow and Steady is the name of the game." Your life styles might be more hectic-ish and study/work time consuming in comparison though (or is that the UK? w/e), so when you meet someone you really have to "grab hold of them" so to speak, that right? The dinner proposal is great , but beyond that I´d say just sit back and enjoy the ride of this stage, from how I interpret the situation you havent quite got her in the noose yet, right? Isnt that kind of a thrill in itself? The sweet thrill of the hunt :carcus:

Well I don't live in a really big city where I am from, but idk I thought generally everybody asked the person they were interested in to be their boyfriend or girlfriend after a certain time? I mean, how else are they going to know you want to be in a relationship with them? That's pretty much how I think it goes here, based on what I've seen. I don't think anybody here has ever just known they were together with someone. But yeah, I'm pretty chill right now, I'm not particularly in a huge rush anymore, I just wish I had the opportunity to hang with her during the break haha.

Hanma_Baki said:
EDIT: Lol I dont know why I tend to relate everything to myself all the time :ganishka: sorry if its annoying...

LOL it's cool man, when you related my situation to yours I started feeling more calm over the period when I was waiting to meet her again and ask her to hang out.

Deci said:
Not a fan of the throwing labels around like girlfriend/boyfriend.

I mean, how else are you suppose to say it? If we ended up being together I wouldn't mind her calling me her boyfriend or saying she is my girlfriend, it seems standard to me.

Grail said:
If you're really interested in this girl, I don't think there's any problem with staying in touch over the holiday-- as long as you're not too aggressive with the texts. :griffnotevil:

I don't think it's a problem either, in fact I was planning on texting or calling her over the holidays to talk anyway. I even told this to her and she seemed really cool about it. And don't worry I'm not texting her too much haha, I haven't texted since Tuesday. And the last thing I said to her was that her hair looked really nice that day and she thanked me and agreed haha. I probably won't contact her again until Tomorrow afternoon or maybe Saturday.

Grail said:
As Bob and the others have mentioned, there are always people out there, so don't feel limited if you want to pursue others. At this stage, anything could still happen. That said, some courtships are longer than others, and you may need to put in more work with her than you would with someone else. Once you get to know each other better, you'll probably start to see which option is more worth it to you.

Yes, I'm still opened to other women, like you and the others mentioned "anything could happen" so yeah. I recently registered for classes for spring semester and might even meet some more interesting girls. But as of right now she is the one I'm REALLY focused on getting together with. I'm definitely willing to put in the work if required for her, and I think she IS the type of person that takes longer to court based on how she was raised. Her parents were quite strict with her growing up, so it's likely it will take some time with her, time I am willing to give.

Deci said:
I'll admit I don't like to give dating/relationship advice but keeping it simple like that works in the beginning. The way I put it was crass but the simplicity is really what I'd hope is taken out of it.

Just like flirting and being seen with other girls can help pique the curiosity.

I'm done here. :badbone:

Yeah, I see what your saying.

Top Bottom