Luck ... superstition

Do you have moments where you've done something or seen your family/ friends do stuff so it isn't bad luck or is superstitious? Like while you were studying for an exam or which shoe you put on or whatever else, maybe something passed down to you by your parents/ families.

One superstition I heard growing up was not to plant chilli in a garden because it was believed to welcome tiffs between your friends or family. Back home, I'd see a lot of people hang a lemon wrapped with green/ red chillies under their car so as to cast out any kind of bad omen n such, I guess so you can see that and not hit that car or mess with them (I dunno). I'd also see people move out of their homes or change things around so it's good feng shui, it could be more of a dominant belief in the East in general much like living your life guided by astrology so luck is in your favor. Do you believe it's unlucky if a black cat crossed your path :carcus:? A very recent one came up in a conversation about wedding presents and I don't know how prominent it is across the cultural board but a friend was adamant about it - for some reason it's not good to gift the couple a set of knives. If it is indeed a gift, there should be a coin exchange so those knives are bought or something like that otherwise it's like cutting a bond between the giver and the receiver ... I think?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
For me the ones I witness and heard most about are: do t open an umbrella indoirs, breaking a mirror and for the most in Hispanic culture it's Tuesday thec13th instead of Friday considered bad luck. I don't believe on any of those .i take it more like coincidence or sometimes just plain stupidity why things happen .

Top Bottom