Is Griffith castrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I'm very new on this forum and I must say that it's a treasure cave of informations! Thank you so much for creating this community.

Now, I'll start with my very first question here. I didn't read the Manga yet, I only saw the 3 OAVs of Golden Age.

I read the topic about the Griffith Torture, and a lot of you said that Griffith was castrated. I think so. I mean, it's obvious that for what he did to the princess, it must be the first part that should be cutted off. I don't know if that's verified in the manga.

But, after that, he tried to have sex with- ( or masturbate on- would like precision on that too) Casca:

1387224837-gri.jpg

As far as I know, and correct me if I'm wrong, but when a man is castrated, he cannot be exited anymore or have sexual pleasure/desire. So why does Griffith did that to Casca?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hello there. I must say, what a way to introduce yourself to the community...

Anyway, no information is provided in the manga regarding that matter. However, as you have yourself remarked, Griffith did attempt to push himself on Casca in the wagon, which is a reasonable enough cause for me to doubt that he might have been castrated. It however is probably not enough to completely refute that hypothesis.

And no, I don't see why you'd think he tried to "masturbate" on her, but that's not what happened. I highly recommend that you read the manga, I'm sure it will answer many of the questions you must have after watching the movies.

thepopol777 said:
As far as I know, and correct me if I'm wrong, but when a man is castrated, he cannot be exited anymore or have sexual pleasure/desire.

While I think this is a non-issue here since it is not explicitly stated, nor is that scene represented properly in the movie, nevertheless, since you asked, castration does not cut off the libido or "sexual desire" entirely; however, it is demonstrated to decrease the libido, but it would not likely root it out altogether. An example, have you never seen a neutered male dog become sexually aroused? (My friend's dog does often)

Aazealh said:
I highly recommend that you read the manga, I'm sure it will answer many of the questions you must have after watching the movies.
^Best advice

I don't see why you'd think he tried to "masturbate" on her, but that's not what happened.

Oh, actually it's just because we don't see him/her get naked. They both are clothed, and when I was reading the forum, I only saw discussions about "the" rape, and not this one. So I thought that maybe there was no sex at that moment. Maybe it was just for the signification, like he wanted to, but he can't.

And don't worry for the manga, I definitely will read it :ubik:

First of all, Im so sorry you had to be introduced to Berserk via the movies, hope it doesnt act as a spoiler when reading the real thing.

Secondly, I cant describe how interested I am in what you would imagine the possible alternatives to be if we´d ruled out sexual/affectionate intentions....

Wrestling perhaps? "C'mon, woman! I bet I can still take you even in this state! You patronizing me, bitch?! Fight back! FIGHT BACK ALREADY!!!"

Or like "OMG! MY NOSE! THE ITCHING IS DRIVING ME INSANE! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WOMAN! HELP MEEEE!!!" :iva:

LOL

Maybe my english is a little too bad, and you did not understood what I meant. Of course it was sexual, I didn't say that it was not. I'm just presenting the fact that maybe he tried to prove himself that he still can do something a man of his stature can, and in fact he couldn't.

( PS: I have difficulties to enter the captcha for each post. Is that option temporary? )

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
thepopol777 said:
Oh, actually it's just because we don't see him/her get naked. They both are clothed, and when I was reading the forum, I only saw discussions about "the" rape, and not this one. So I thought that maybe there was no sex at that moment. Maybe it was just for the signification, like he wanted to, but he can't.

They definitely didn't have sex. But he also did not masturbate, nor was that his intent. He tried to force himself on her, but in his crippled state it was just not feasible. Despite her non-consentment however, Casca, embarrassed but pitying him, hugged him while he lay powerless on top of her.

thepopol777 said:
( PS: I have difficulties to enter the captcha for each post. Is that option temporary? )

Yes, it is a security feature that disappears once you've made 5 posts.

They definitely didn't have sex. But he also did not masturbate, nor was that his intent. He tried to force himself on her, but in his crippled state it was just not feasible. Despite her non-consentment however, Casca, embarrassed but pitying him, hugged him while he lay powerless on top of her.

Ok you said everything I wanted to know. Thanks !

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
thepopol777 said:
Ok you said everything I wanted to know. Thanks !

You're most welcome.

I will now lock this thread, since your question was answered. Please do not hesitate to contact me via Personal Message if you have questions about this forum/community and need guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom