Dark Horse volumes backcover

Forgive me if this has been addressed, but I was blindly staring at each of my Dark Horse copies on the back and I noticed behind the lettering is the face of the Female Apostle from Volume 1. Did anyone else notice this? It took me awhile to realise but I saw and thought that's pretty cool, but what would have been better would have been a silhouette of a panel from each particular volume.

Again apologies if addressed. :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Benin said:
what would have been better would have been a silhouette of a panel from each particular volume.

Or at least a character who appears on more than 8 pages out of the entire story.

What would have been most legend were to be if we got an animated Miura or actual photo of him of at least once, you know? or a little insert with a mini biography that is clearly abundant on Stephen King Novels for example! :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Benin said:
What would have been most legend were to be if we got an animated Miura or actual photo of him of at least once, you know? or a little insert with a mini biography that is clearly abundant on Stephen King Novels for example! :puck:

Miura's drawn himself plenty of times (an animated picture on paper is asking a bit much, I must say :iva:), and there are pictures of him too. It's just not common to have that on the back of manga volumes. The Japanese version has an old school rendering of Puck instead.

Miura-Puck.jpg
Miura04.jpg
Berserk_Japanese-cover.jpg

That's pretty darn awesome! Do you if that's a recent photo of Miura?
Thank you for taking the time to show me those pictures. Appreciate it good sir.
;D

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Benin said:
Do you if that's a recent photo of Miura?
No, it's from the Osamu Tezuka Cultural Prize 2002

apDwa10.jpg
uHwrvHt.jpg

Miura won the Award for Excellence, Inoue (in the photos whit Miura) won the Grand Prize.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Another interesting thing about that picture is what they're drinking. Miura chose milk and Inoue chose some kind of alcohol.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Another interesting thing about that picture is what they're drinking. Miura chose milk and Inoue chose some kind of alcohol.

No, they're both having the same drink, Miura's just holding his napkin partially in front of it in the first picture.

Wow thanks for the photos, pretty much the first time I´ve seen him actually. Nice that Inoue´s there too, pretty cool to see both in the same pic.

I love that you guys even know what they´re drinking btw :ganishka: Would´ve been funny if it´d been milk lol.

Doesnt seem like they have the Award for Excellence anymore (according to wikipedia) ...Its like the equivalent to the Creative Award they got now, huh? Kinda just renamed it I guess. Sounds about right anyway.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hanma_Baki said:
Doesnt seem like they have the Award for Excellence anymore (according to wikipedia) ...Its like the equivalent to the Creative Award they got now, huh? Kinda just renamed it I guess. Sounds about right anyway.

No, it's a different prize, with different criteria, hence the different name. For the little story, Miura had been nominated 3 times in a row (finishing twice third and once fourth) in the years preceding his prize.

Aazealh said:
It's just a suit with a Mao collar...

Though it still looks like something Hunter S. Thompson or Kurt Vonnegut would wear :guts:
Plus it gives Miura a sophisticated, intellectual look, without actually making him appear nerdy.

Walter said:

Aazealh said:
No, they're both having the same drink, Miura's just holding his napkin partially in front of it in the first picture.

Walter said:
Clever bastard!

From the way Miura drinks his alcoholic beverage, it's kind of obvious he's following the rules of drinking etiquette of a banquet. I've been to birthday parties and weddings, where I've seen many guests, especially the older ones, also holding their glasses of wine and champagne the same way with napkins. Being a Frenchman, Aazealh probably knows that when you hold a glass of champagne or wine with a napkin in your hand, you are insulating the beverage inside from the warmth of your body temperature...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Johnny Apples said:
Being a Frenchman, Aazealh probably knows that when you hold a glass of champagne or wine with a napkin in your hand, you are insulating the beverage inside from the warmth of your body temperature...

Well before going that far allow me to point out that these glasses are inappropriate for serving wine.

Aazealh said:
No, it's a different prize, with different criteria, hence the different name. For the little story, Miura had been nominated 3 times in a row (finishing twice third and once fourth) in the years preceding his prize.

Thanks for that peice of intell, that makes a bit more sense, cause I'd almost feel offended if he wouldnt have had at least one nomination beside that award :puck:

Its been awhile so first thank you Az for the photos and history behind the pictures and my miura looks young for his age. I hope I age that well :D

Top Bottom