Increasing Odds

So Griffith has pretty much gotten his kingdom with all of its people bowing before him, an army of powerful demons, and his fellow God Hand manifesting into the world of man. http://www.skullknight.net/forum/Smileys/Berserk/femto.gif

With such a massive advantage its becoming more unlikely that Guts can really do anything. Hell he hasn't even reached the island yet.

The only way I can see him and his companions having any sort of a fighting chance is if he makes allies out of some of the mythological folks like he did after helping the Mermaids. If not then only Miura can save their asses unless this is the direction he is going.

What do you folks think?

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
I think we might get a new magic user that will join them once in Elfhelm. Or Shierke is gonna get some tips or whatever. Skullknight might join up at some point... who knows?

Reeler said:
With such a massive advantage its becoming more unlikely that Guts can really do anything. Hell he hasn't even reached the island yet.

That's one of my favorite parts about Berserk. When has Guts ever really been in a good position? Or, maybe better phrased, when has it ever been likely that Guts could really do anything, especially in relation to the God Hand? Hasn't stopped him yet, has it? Mr. Miura hasn't let me down yet when it comes to Berserk, so I'm just gonna ride this wave to the end. Whatever that may be :daiba:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Reeler said:
The only way I can see him and his companions having any sort of a fighting chance is if he makes allies out of some of the mythological folks like he did after helping the Mermaids.

I think some kind of alliance between humans and creatures is inevitable, given how things have been portrayed so far. But I don't think it's going to be Guts leading the charge against Griffith and the apostles. I've always felt that showdown would happen amidst a bigger war.

Antonius Block

We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god.
Reeler said:
With such a massive advantage its becoming more unlikely that Guts can really do anything.

Guts will surely find a way to do something... His survival is questionable though.

Walter said:
I think some kind of alliance between humans and creatures is inevitable, given how things have been portrayed so far. But I don't think it's going to be Guts leading the charge against Griffith and the apostles. I've always felt that showdown would happen amidst a bigger war.

It's a long way but that's exactly how I also imagine things going like and I also hope they do that way, as far as humans joining benevolent astral creatures and perhaps other magic users for a possible battle or final showdown against the apostle army.

Also agree on the front of (no pun intended) Guts not leading such an army in case that happens, or at least not mainly, or until the very end if at all. I would also expect Guts to try to pursue Griffith in such a confront of epic scale, going through anything on his way to reach him. Perhaps that could also be a suitable moment for a last showdown against his other rival, Zodd, before he reaches Griffith?

As for Femto, he does look and has been portrayed as pretty much invulnerable until now, but I think that is not to remain for the whole series. Femto's (and possibly the other God Hand's) "silver bullet" is yet to appear I think (something besides the foreshadowed Dragon Slayer of course, I'm thinking more of a type of device or strategy to bypass the powers that make them unreachable). Perhaps Elfhelm will give us insight on how to defeat the God Hand. Skullknight must be planning something new too.

Top Bottom