Elves in Volume 15?

Forgive me!

I have done a search in the forums for this and perhaps I was not extensive enough.

In Volume 15 when Puck is flying around the Misty Valley and comes across the cedar wood tree. I am to assume those elves coming toward are the fragments of the elves who used to live there stamp in that area. A reaction to another elf being there? A calling? or is Puck able to channel the souls or energy of those original elves who lived there? :puck:

Thanks for your time

Forgive my bad sentencing and structure.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Puck senses that Elves once inhabited the place long ago. He has the capability of sensing strong emotions or presences, not unlike what Schierke can do.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Benin said:
In Volume 15 when Puck is flying around the Misty Valley and comes across the cedar wood tree. I am to assume those elves coming toward are the fragments of the elves who used to live there stamp in that area. A reaction to another elf being there? A calling? or is Puck able to channel the souls or energy of those original elves who lived there? :puck:

Puck simply senses that the tree used to be home to a village of elves. He later on explains it to Rochine as she lays dying.

Thanks guys!

Do you think the infant looking elf in that particular panel is actually that young or just have cherub features? Really good piece of art and a good luck at what other elves looked like before being introduced to Ivarella! I know we saw what elves in the Peekaf tale but their faces were obscured by shading and of course memory of a tale and we had Puck to go on as a guidance.

It is nice though to see other elves before we get definitive looks of them in future episodes. :iva:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Benin said:
Thanks guys!

Do you think the infant looking elf in that particular panel is actually that young or just have cherub features? Really good piece of art and a good luck at what other elves looked like before being introduced to Ivarella!

Well, Vargas has one in a jar in Volume 1. Puck reacts to it, if you recall. Other than that, we also see some silhouetted in Volume 14 as the Skull Knight describes the previous inhabitants of Godot's mine.

It is nice though to see other elves before we get definitive looks of them in future episodes. :iva:

It serves a number of functions, actually. For one, it's another indication that Elves have receded from the human-inhabited regions of the world, but another interesting thing is that their presence in that area left a mark on it--it's almost perpetually summer there. Remember, Flora's mansion also had that effect. It's a result of that place's former strong connection to the astral world.

Walter said:
Well, Vargas has one in a jar in Volume 1. Puck reacts to it, if you recall. Other than that, we also see some silhouetted in Volume 14 as the Skull Knight describes the previous inhabitants of Godot's mine.

Ah yes, you are correct. Very morbid and makes you wonder how he came to possess it!

I wonder when Guts and company reach Elfheim the king and his subjects reject the company explaining its is humans own folly and they never learn and they cause there own doing. Maybe Puck and Ivarella try to persuade their brethren or Guts and co. have to go trough tasks or trials to gain favour among the elves to help them. This is mere speculation and I will stop there.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
another interesting thing is that their presence in that area left a mark on it--it's almost perpetually summer there.

Actually, that perpetually mild weather was the result of Rochine's power over the place. If you remember, after her death the mist dissipated and the weather reverted back to normal.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Actually, that perpetually mild weather was the result of Rochine's power over the place. If you remember, after her death the mist dissipated and the weather reverted back to normal.

Ahh, I had forgotten that actually. But it is very interesting--an apostle able to affect the climate. My head just connected it with Flora's mansion, given the explanation in Volume 24 about how the climate changed because of the astral world. Thanks though.

Top Bottom