Guts' Eye

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hot Chic said:
do you think if fairy dust healed his eye so well it would retain it's shape and not shrivel up and die, that fairy dust from the great elf king might restore Guts eye sight completely when they reach skelling? This is something I have wondered if the fairies might be able to restore his eye sight along with Casca's mind.
Why not go ahead and heal Guts' nose scar too?

some how I think it would be kind of cheap if Guts eye was just restored through magic. It is a permanent injury of the eclipse. Same with his arm.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Lithrael said:
Since the armor has been weakening his natural sight, perhaps something magical might be done with his ruined eye - not to restore it, but to allow it to 'see' something else in some other way.

That's a neat idea. I'm not sure if Miura has something like that in store for us or not, but I like it!

Walter said:
Why not go ahead and heal Guts' nose scar too?

are you trying to be funny here? Guts nose scar does not hinder him in any way. And even if he has gotten used to it it would probably be nice to have full depth perception again...also since his good eye is starting to be affected by the armor.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hot Chic said:
are you trying to be funny here? Guts nose scar does not hinder him in any way. And even if he has gotten used to it it would probably be nice to have full depth perception again...also since his good eye is starting to be affected by the armor.

My point is that these wounds carry meaning. Erasing them would be an affront to one of the series' underlying themes. Note what Guts says about things that are irreplaceable in Episode 287 after Casca's hand slipped from his iron hand.

Guts – Slipped right through. Even if I forcibly replace (or add on continuously to) things which I’ve lost, they won’t go back to normal…

Top Bottom