From the Abyss?

What's rising out of the blood and why's Skully rushing to get there?

• Cthulhu-esque Uber-Demon

Votes: 24 96.0%
  • Slan

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
well i hate to double post and kill this thread in one deft movement, but here goes

well i havent thought this through, but guts and crew are in a realm of the astral world called the Quilopth (or something), and i remember someone saying that denotes that there are other realms like it within the astral world.

if the demon we see at the end of 218 is infact slann, could that mean that the other members of god hand rule over/reside in the other realms?

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
It would be cool if it was Slann, but my gut feeling says it isn't her. According to Flora the members of the Godhand were hiding out somewhere in the Abyss, and while it might be possible for the Godhand to manifest themselves in the astral world without the need for some sort of key like a Behelith, I don't see why Slann alone would want to pay a visit to Guts now.

And the theory of Krebs that every layer of the astral world is connected to one of the members of the Godhand sounds interesting, but at this time very speculative, and it raises some questions as well:

• 5 Godhands, 5 layers? Or just 5 demon (evil) layers?
  • What about Femto's layer? Well, this could of course be Griffith and his whole gang he's controlling now.
  • And what about the 4 Elemental Kings who also reside somewhere in the depths of the astral realm? Hmmmm... but these Kings are not a part of a demon layer I guess.

Anyway, it could be interesting, but I think it's too speculative for now. Unless someone here has it all better figured out. But we don't really know much about the physics of the Astral realm yet.

I personally think it's more likely that Skull Knight just senses a fresh Behelith for lunch. But everything is possible now in the shadow world.

And a raping tenticle monster sounds a little implausable and cliched to me. Who is it going to rape anyway, Guts and Skully in some sort of threesome? At least that wouldn't be cliche. ;)

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I think it's probably Slann, although it does seem a little strange for her to just appear that way. Maybe it's Ubik, just upside down. ;)

And if it does turn out to be a tentacled monster, I'm going to be worried.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
There is not hard evidence not for Skully not for Slan.Personally I would prefer that it is not these two, but something new and unexpected.Incidentally the pool of blood cannot to be that deep, so probably it is a little inner lake where the blood of trolls afflued. Probably the tentacled being is a dweller of the lake that was drawn to the surface by the blood. The mistrerious being so fast that did cut the trolls did remember me of a sequence of a horror movie (I don't remember what its tittle was) where the monster was shown like moving fast between the trees with a first person point of view. I don't know why, but the word "Wendigo" more than "Skully" come to my mind.

I don't know if it is slann it looks like slanns hair, but it could also be a creature to strong for Guts to fight alone so Skullknight is going to help.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
roberto999 said:
I don't know why, but the word "Wendigo" more than "Skully" come to my mind.
I think it's Zondark, back for revenge, but that's just me.

-Griffith

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
It's all much worse than we thought!
mcslann.jpg

Ger24 said:
I don't know if it is slann it looks like slanns hair, but it could also be a creature to strong for Guts to fight alone so Skullknight is going to help.

well personally i feel its SK that schierke 'sees', its almost irrefutable if you saw the pic

and i see no reason for SK to come save the day for some lowly apostle

and its hard to imagine that the pool of blood is actually deep enough to physically hold some demon, or an apostle for that matter. plus what demon/apostle has made a graceful entrance as this?

*remember- skully was following guts for a reason, and slan did make a head-first entrance before

if its anything but slann, im going to be overly dissappointed

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
I love mighty Cthulhu, It would kick everyones ass...but i think this is more important than just a mere monster/apostle.

and the fact that skully is coming (who else?), levels up the suspense for something big...

At last, some intense stuff, and no more trolls (the last volume was too slowly paced - no more fillers please).

...and to think that miura said that this was only the beggining...sigh
:-\

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
At last, some intense stuff, and no more trolls (the last volume was too slowly paced - no more fillers please).

Yeah that whole FLORA thing was totally unnecessary. BOOOORING. When will Miura finally tell us more about the Berserk universe?

puella

Berserk forever
Mizar said:
It would be cool if it was Slann, but my gut feeling says it isn't her. According to Flora the members of the Godhand were hiding out somewhere in the Abyss, and while it might be possible for the Godhand to manifest themselves in the astral world without the need for some sort of key like a Behelith, I don't see why Slann alone would want to pay a visit to Guts now.

agreed.
If the thing is Slan, what will happen after she appears?

• People there start orgies again?
  • Guts and SK(just a guess) fight Slan and other Godhands show up to help her?
  • Slan comes to have sex with Guts fed up with other ugly four Godhands?
  • Guts holds Slan as a captive?

I wish some sea anemone monster comes up, which might make trolls out of the astral world. 8)

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Mizar said:
About who? Miura, or Guts? :p

Anyone anywhere near the tentacle monster. It *is* Berserk after all (not to mention manga in general); if there's a tentacle monster, chances are, it'll rape something. :-\

maybe the creature rising from the blood is something all of us never expect!

Guess what? It is Miura popping out of the blood pool saying, "Sorry but there was an error in my workpiece... Hey Gutz u r not suppose to be here, u should fighting ur Griffin instead !" ;D

Back to the topic now

krebs4life said:
and its hard to imagine that the pool of blood is actually deep enough to physically hold some demon, or an apostle for that matter.

If the pool is really small, then it may appear that the creature is not in the pool at all, it might be the reflection of the creature or something big.

Sorry if i make any mistake as i have not seen the chapter myself :p

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Walter said:
NightCrawler said:

Yeah that whole FLORA thing was totally unnecessary. BOOOORING. When will Miura finally tell us more about the Berserk universe?

That doenst make up for a whole volume...

BTW, who/what is Cthulhu?

The best answer to this question is found in Lovecraft's tale "The Call of Cthulhu". Cthulhu is a monstrous entity who lies "dead but dreaming" in the city of R'lyeh, a place of non-Euclidean madness presently (and mercifully) sunken below the depths of the Pacific Ocean. Cthulhu appears in various monstrous and demonic forms in early myths of the human race. Racial memory preserves Him as humanity's most basic nightmare. Cthulhu is the high priest of the Great Old Ones, unnatural alien beings who ruled the Earth before humanity formed, worshipped as gods by some misguided people. It is said that They will return, causing worldwide insanity and mindless violence before finally displacing humanity forever...:p
You better check out H.P.Lovecraft, probably the best horror writter ever.
Miura has some interesting influences taken from the lovecraftian "mythos" and some Clive Barker too, which is one of the reasons i like Berserk...

The archive:
http://www.hplovecraft.com/
Lovecraft Library:
http://www.gizmology.net/lovecraft/
Cthulhu lexicon:
http://www.netherreal.de/library/lexicon/lexfram.htm
Or the search engine, not google...its cthuugle:
http://www.cthuugle.com/

Some of the best lovecraft stories:
-The Call of Cthulhu
-The Shadow out of Time
-The Unnamable
-At the Mountains of Madness
-The Whisperer in Darkness
-The Color out of Space
-The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath
-The Dunwich Horror

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
NightCrawler said:
That doenst make up for a whole volume...

24 was cool all around, I don't know you be smokin', bro. It's up there with Volumes 8 and 17 in my book.

-Griffith

P.S. Hey, how do we know that the thing coming out of the blood isn't a giant Troll? Those could just be the tendrils on it's nose. =)

P

psymont

krunkster said:
It's all much worse than we thought!
mcslann.jpg

have you guys seen the newest mcdonalds commercial? its a new ronald .... he looks nothing like the old one! ..... his wig wasnt on snugg enough and i swear i saw brown hair under it .... this really concerns me ..... i am starting a online petetion to bring back the old ronald .... WHOS WITH ME?!?

Top Bottom