My Gut's cosplay

Hello Evryone,

First of all sorry if i make mistakes, i'm not really good in english (i'm french).

I'm made recently a cosplay of Guts and during my work, I was searching the web for picture of figure and I find something much more interesting and helpful, the work of kyekye (i'm talking about this topic : http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13030.0).

That's why i'm here today, to thank kyekye. I don't know if you will see this but you have all my thanks, without your differents WIP I would have search much longer the form of some pieces ! Futhermore your work is really great !

Well, that said, here's are some picture, hope you will like it ! (and yes, I know I lack many details yet !) :

1537800_643588925688986_1041309691_o.jpg

1617816_603114626436992_1496695361_o.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: My Guts cosplay

One of the best Guts cosplays I've ever seen. Only criticisms are that the chest plate looks a little too clean, in contrast to the worn look of the rest of the armor, and the Dragon Slayer pommel appears slightly too large, and widened.

Otherwise, freaking fantastic work!

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Very cool work Owak, thanks for sharing! I hope kyekye sees this thread, so they'll know how they inspired you. :guts:

I really like the worn look of the metal portions of the armor. It does look like you could achieve the full look by rolling around in some dirt though, like Walter mentioned. :ganishka:

Wow! So modest for such a great cosplay. With you already thinking there is room for improvement, I can't believe what this cosplay might become one day ! Already probably the best overall Guts cosplay I have EVER seen. Congrats man! :guts:

I can only echo what the others have said. Definitely one of the best Guts cosplays I've had the pleasure of seeing. Kudos! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Hi, and welcome!

Very good work overall, I must say. Definitely one of the best cosplays of Guts I've seen.

One of the best indeed! Congrats! :guts: Love the worn look of the armor! Should totally do the chest plate like that too :carcus:

Also, a small detail which I dont think I´ve ever seen anyone pull off is the various bandages, they always looks so bright and clean. Dont really have a good tip on how to make them look more naturally worn(/out) though. But its definitely something I would work on if I were to make a Guts cosplay.

WOW! This is amazing. The armor looks fantastic! Constructing armor always looks so intimidating so I really admire that you were able to not only create it, but have such clean craftsmanship. The cannon arm is especially impressive.
I agree with others about weathering the chest plate.
As for making the bandages look worn, when I want to give fabric a weathered look I use sandpaper where the fabric would naturally receive the most friction. Sometimes I take a seam ripper to a few threads to make fabric look even more torn up. If you want fabric to look dirty you can dry brush acrylic paint or water it down a lot and apply it lightly where needed. You can also use regular old dirt.

Fantastic cosplay, congrats on pulling this off!

How long did it take you to put together? What material is the Dragonslayer and the armor made of? In addition to what's said in the topic, the Dragonslayer originally has 1 link (chain~like) as opposed to the 3 links your sword appears to have.

Top Bottom