Rickert in Falconia

I may be jumping a head of myself but I am so excited so see Rickert and Erica in Falconia and I am wondering what role he is going to play when he gets more situated in this story arc. Something I cannot help but wonder is if Rickert is going to have a moment where he finds it hard to credit the horrible things that Guts has told him about what he did to the other hawks. Griffith right now is being made out to be this God like creature and everyone is enthralled by him. Will Rickert be swept away by this or will he keep the things that he knows about him in the front of his mind. Rickert is interesting in the sense that he knows what went down but does not have any personal reference to it so he is somewhat removed from the betrayal that Guts and the other Hawks experienced at the eclipse.

A part of me hopes that he would start a silent rebellion against Griffith with memebers of the old court of midland. Although how this would happen I do not know. I am very excited to see where this leads. I am almost more excited to see what happens then I am about Guts and company reaching elf helm.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
We've got a thread from 2011 on this topic if you're interested in further reading: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=12921.0

Heavenly Maiden said:
Griffith right now is being made out to be this God like creature and everyone is enthralled by him. Will Rickert be swept away by this or will he keep the things that he knows about him in the front of his mind.

If that were to happen, he wouldn't be much different from the others in Falconia. His skepticism is what makes his perspective more interesting. Besides, the mere fact that Miura reminded readers of Rickert's conflicting feelings is almost a foregone conclusion that the skepticism will be a key component of what's to come. But sure, a momentary "I forgot my feelings in the instant I saw him," would be neat. Afterall, the same phenomenon also happened to Guts, of all people.

On top of all of this, don't forget that Rickert knows firsthand what apostles are capable of doing to humans. When he sees them being cheered in the streets, I imagine that's going to be disconcerting to him, at the very least.

Rickert is interesting in the sense that he knows what went down but does not have any personal reference to it so he is somewhat removed from the betrayal that Guts and the other Hawks experienced at the eclipse.

I think that's overstating it a little. Sure, he wasn't there. But the death of his comrades clearly left a mark on the kid. When Guts tells him what went down, he's filled with anger. It just doesn't affect him the same way because he was able to deal with their loss in a constructive way, versus Guts' destructive manner.

A part of me hopes that he would start a silent rebellion against Griffith with memebers of the old court of midland. Although how this would happen I do not know. I am very excited to see where this leads. I am almost more excited to see what happens then I am about Guts and company reaching elf helm.

One of those things is about to happen, and the other one is years and years down the road.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Heavenly Maiden said:
Something I cannot help but wonder is if Rickert is going to have a moment where he finds it hard to credit the horrible things that Guts has told him about what he did to the other hawks.

Griffith made it clear to him that it was the truth in volume 22.

Heavenly Maiden said:
Will Rickert be swept away by this or will he keep the things that he knows about him in the front of his mind.

Well he did see Irvine transform and recognized him for what he is, so I don't think he'll just forget about the sinister aspect of it all. I mean he wasn't present during the Occultation ceremony, but he still did have a rather traumatizing experience with apostles himself.

I hope Rickert will become for Guts what Q is for James Bond. A master blacksmith and inventor. Miura will make sure it happens... :puck:

I realize that this might be a long shot, since she does not have any incentive to do so, but I was hoping that Luca and her girls might become involved in a rebellion or some kind of reconnaissance mission with Rickert against Griffith. Luca and Rickert have so much potential as far being behind enemy lines so to speak. I also wonder just how much a threat Rickert might pose to Griffith since he is aware of what he has done, Griffith must be aware that Rickert might have something against him because of that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Heavenly Maiden said:
I realize that this might be a long shot, since she does not have any incentive to do so, but I was hoping that Luca and her girls might become involved in a rebellion or some kind of reconnaissance mission with Rickert against Griffith. Luca and Rickert have so much potential as far being behind enemy lines so to speak. I also wonder just how much a threat Rickert might pose to Griffith since he is aware of what he has done, Griffith must be aware that Rickert might have something against him because of that.

I don't think it's a longshot. I think Miura has been slowly building up the cast of sympathetic humans who will ultimately oppose Griffith/apostles, regardless of their current affiliations. Some are easier to pick out than others. Foss for example, likely an acolyte to the very end at this point. But Raban and Owen? I imagine one, or both of them, will ultimately side with a resistance. It would be a shame if they disagreed...

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Walter said:
I don't think it's a longshot. I think Miura has been slowly building up the cast of sympathetic humans who will ultimately oppose Griffith/apostles, regardless of their current affiliations. Some are easier to pick out than others. Foss for example, likely an acolyte to the very end at this point. But Raban and Owen? I imagine one, or both of them, will ultimately side with a resistance. It would be a shame if they disagreed...

I agree. And this makes me think of their conversation in the golden age when Raban is saying to Owen that the more radiant the light the more darkness he can cast (not the exact quote of course since I'm at work and don't have my volume but you know what I mean).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I don't think it's a longshot. I think Miura has been slowly building up the cast of sympathetic humans who will ultimately oppose Griffith/apostles, regardless of their current affiliations. Some are easier to pick out than others. Foss for example, likely an acolyte to the very end at this point.

You know, call me crazy but I'd really like to see Foss eventually surmount his fear/adoration and rebel, like maybe to protect his daughter. I would not bet on that scenario though...

Top Bottom