Guts Black Swordsman build - Dark Souls 2

gattsuoul.jpg

I've NEVER had this fun playing Dark Souls. Ever. This is my Black Swordsman build for Dark Souls 2.
WARNING: NO FUCKING SHIELD.

Anyone who hasn't played Dark Souls 1 or 2: The games have basically taken ALOT from Berserk. They're fucking fans of it. And they're the best fucking games out there this generation. Insane. I can't even begin to tell you how good they are. So pick em up. Demon's Souls too.

Start with deprived if you're a fucking man.
Stats at lvl 155: (Ask me questions if you wonder why)
VGR 20
STA 20
VIT 23 (just enough to wear everything and stay under 70% to do fastroll etc.)
ATT 20
STR 25 (for avelyn.)
DEX 20
ADP 20
FAI 30 (gives insane damage bonus to the sword, must be combined with INT)
INT 30 (gives insane damage bonus to the sword, must be combined with FAI)

Weapons:
Dark Crypt Blacksword +5 (LOOK AT THE PICTURE. Does it say Dragonslayer or what? You can trade it for a special boss soul you get from beating the Rotten in NG+ or using a bonfire ascetic on the hard to find bonfire RIGHT before the boss room. Check youtube tutorials for it, the first one will not affect the boss. Then imbue the weapon with a Darkknight Stone, as it already has a large amount of Dark damage, and it will increase EVEN MORE, plus increase its dark scaling to S. This is friggin OP. Upgrades with Petrified Dragon Bones.)

Avelyn +10 Imbued with Old Mundane Stone. Listen. Use the mundane upgrade path. Thing is, damage will scale insanely depending on your lowest stat. So get all your stats up to 20. I fire 3 shots with this thing and do 700 damage with lightning bolts. No kidding. PvP slayer. Tips for using crossbows in general for PVP: If you haven't noticed, you won't fire them until you RELEASE the button. So if you hold it you'll keep aiming, and since most people dont know it, they just roll as soon as you aim.. wait for the roll to end... shoot em like you mean it.

Pyromancy Flame +10 - Only use this in the left hand, and ONLY use FLAME SWATHE, since it kinda looks like a cannon being shot at the enemy. Do NOT use any other pyromancies if you want this to be a legit Guts build.

Optional weapon: Idol's Chime +5 (Upgrades with Twinkling Titanite (1,2,3,4,5). I use this every now and then for Resonant Weapon, which gives the weapon EVEN MORE Dark Damage bonuses, which kinda makes it fucking awesome and even thought enemies block with a havel's shield I can manage to get 100-300 damage because of this shit. What's my justification for this fitting into a Guts build? Well the Dragonslayer has magical properties that can hurt astral beings, so that's my justification.

You can also use healing spells with the Chime, like buffs and shit. Pretend Puck does it for Guts.

Armor:
Elite Knight Gauntlets +10
(Why? Cause the right hand is a glove, and the left hand an iron gauntlet. Decent defense, light weight. Regular upgrade path.)

Faraam Boots + 10
(Could use Benharts boots aswell. Too much trouble if you ask me. These are decent and weight is good. Regular upgrade path.)

Hexer's Robes + 5
(This is the closest I've come to the Black Swordsman look. Pretty close if you ask me. Pretty low defense, but very high elemental defenses. Upgrades with Twinkling Titanite (1,1,2,2,3).

Rings:
Use whatever you wanna use.
I use:
Ring of the Old Sun (haters gonna hate)
Ring of Thorns +1 (haters gonna hate even more)
Cloranthy Ring +1 (standard)
Whatever I feel like in the last slot

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I feel like the Great Sword looks a lot more like the Dragon Slayer than the Crypt Sword does.

Dar Klink said:
I feel like the Great Sword looks a lot more like the Dragon Slayer than the Crypt Sword does.

I see where you're coming from, but it's cracked everywhere and too long (okay, it's actually pretty close). I used the Greatsword for my first character for 70 hours, and when I made this build it feels alot more like the Dragonslayer. Hard to tell just by lookin at pics. I guess it's also just my opinion.

And it sucks to 2-hand, compared to the Blacksword. Cause the Greatsword hits overhead with R1's in 2-h, the Blacksword swings horizontally with the R1's in 2-h mode. Plus it's got 60 poise break compared to the GS' 50.

Plus the Blacksword with the DK stone mostly does Dark Damage (about 600 at max upgrade).. so it's obvious which sword is the best. The only area the GS wins in is range.

For anyone interested, here's a pic of the GS from DkSII:

Greatsword.png

And here's a pic of the Crypt Blacksword:

0qIqPrS.png

And the Dragonslayer:

7ada86173450b0_full.jpg

e77d943f79b419f19c4747eb0017d8a71231260414_full.jpg

Salibu said:
This reminds me of Dragon Age 1 and my Guts creation. Man was he a badass.

Dude! Do you have screens :isidro: makes me wanna replay the game, it was so fucking good... I hope DA3 is just as good..

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Pretty good build. I have a similar one though he's not based on Guts.

I have to agree that the Greatsword looks more like the Dragon Slayer even with its nicks and dents. The Crypt Blacksword is just too stubby and fat for me to accept it as the DS.

Delta Phi said:
Pretty good build. I have a similar one though he's not based on Guts.

I have to agree that the Greatsword looks more like the Dragon Slayer even with its nicks and dents. The Crypt Blacksword is just too stubby and fat for me to accept it as the DS.

I think the Greatsword is quicker too.. gonna do some testing.. might change it up after that ;)

B

bakabanana

Dar Klink said:

In my opinion the Crypt Blacksword is the better contender. The main reason is the converging edges it shares with the Dragonslayer, whereas the edges of the Greatsword are parallel.

The build looks awesome, can't wait to try it out once I can finally play the game on Friday (waiting for the PC version).

RanShi said:
Dude! Do you have screens :isidro: makes me wanna replay the game, it was so fucking good... I hope DA3 is just as good..

Alas, no...but the Human Male Character looked alot like Guts and the Two Handed Swords are so big.

I remember wrecking havoc with that character.

Top Bottom