Episode 334

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
ありがと! This is a nice gift by Miura to show past su characters involved with guts here on falconia. I'm also waiting for a Jill cameo . Thanks for uploading the pics guys.

The situation seems far more idyllic than I had anticipated. So far, everyone seems quite happy and oblivious to any of the dark goings-on that we know are underlying all of this. Although without the whole episode that might be a bit presumptuous.

I'm curious to see how it all works with new refugees coming in and finding their place, like Luca being in charge of the bath house. Maybe they're assigned to appropriate positions upon arrival, or they get to choose whatever they want. I'm wondering if it will end up being a wish fulfillment sort of thing: not only is Falconia the "last safe haven for mankind" but everyone is given their heart's desire as well. A city with something for everyone. It would be fitting I think (but I'm just speculating wildly). Griffith's line of bullshit for Rickert might be something along the lines of, "Our friends died for the dream, Rickert. And now everyone's dreams can be made reality. It was for the greater good!" :griffnotevil:

Griffith's "castle" looks rightfully ominous in the background of the last page, impenetrable and towering over all. :femto: I'll go out on a limb and say it seems like the city below will remain this perfect human playground while all the dirty work will happen behind the walls of that castle/palace/fortress. I look forward to seeing how this all plays out regardless.

oh my goodness it's LUCA! :ubik: I have been hoping I would see her again. She was one of my favorite aspects of the conviction arc. I loved her personality and while she was interacting with mentally regressed Casca I always wanted a scenario where Casca with her old personality could interact with Luca. I can't wait for this episode to officially come out now!

Oh my God, haha I can't believe it's actually happening. I'm tingling... Man if we see Jill again that'd be so amazing, she is my favorite minor character . :slan:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
So happy to see Luca again and I also hope we get to see Jerome again too. He was a badass.

Ah to see apostles mingling with humans at market stalls, taverns and the like. That would be joyous.

Last edited:
Ah it's Luca! She's my favourite non-main character! She has beauty, wits, heart and is always optimistic even if life has gave her lemons. But she makes a damn good lemonade out of it!

Anyhow... all seems well and good, but I do hope she lives through whatever happens in that pending meat grinder demonic city.

That second to last page... Luca's arm.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I was actually taken with how normal it all looks for the most part. From the outside its almost science fiction, and our expectations for the inside beyond that, but recognizable monuments aside the streets and buildings just look like streets and buildings; a castle city not unlike its forebears. Basically, it looks like a real place, not just a fantasy. I like that, though I still wouldn't mind Griffith's throne room being out of the Wizard of Oz (how funny if it too is relatively normal, though the staircase makes me think not =).

Anyway, talking about Falconia is almost burying the lede now, Luca and friends return! This is an unexpected but welcome surprise. I'm glad they still have a part to play in the story, which is why I don't expect to see Jill unless she does too.

Deci

So exciting!

Griffith said:
Anyway, talking about Falconia is almost burying the lede now, Luca and friends return! This is an unexpected but welcome surprise. I'm glad they still have a part to play in the story, which is why I don't expect to see Jill unless she does too.

Ya I'm wondering about that too, her role in the future. My first thought was how it's definitely a nice ally of Guts to have if/when he shows up.

Thinking more though, very interesting to have her in play now. I keep thinking about how she witnessed"Griffith" first appearing again in Albion, met Skull Knight and the Egg Apostle, thanks to them has some very rare insight into how/why this world and Griffith came to be. Anyone who meets Skull Knight seems to have a bigger role! :badbone:

We'll see! :SK: :ubik: :ubik:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Our first sign of something sinister is on page 17. They hear a scream from the other barn, and Erica asks what that was. Luca says: a monster. :magni:

Likely apostles feasting on horse meat. I guess that's a nice temporary solution to the inherent problem. :beast:

The idea of Daiba as a stable man using his power to wrangle horses is adorable .

Aazealh said:
Daiba
's new life: infiltrated agent! :daiba:

My reaction and Ganishka's :ganishka:

I really like the market place in page 8-9. Citizens sure aren't questioning the abundance of basically everything, when they had a pretty hard time to feed themself in the past. They totally embrassed this ideal. How those vegetables/fruits are produced/enhanced and do they contain something else ? I'm eager to know more about those giant (falcon wing form) cristals we saw back in episode 333, to learn their (defensive/enhancer/others) functions.

As Walter said, I'm also pretty surprised there's no apostle in the city. Maybe their all sitting at a giant round table, feasting on the flesh of those who broke the rules of Falconia :beast: They could also wait after nightfall to hunt outside the city without actually getting notice. After all, Falconia is the safest place and beyond the walls, anything can happen.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just from scattershot transcription I'm doing, Raban gives Rickert a recommendation to a guild for his services as a mechanic/smith. The document is his invitation and audience to the palace. Raban then says Rickert should meet with Griffith tomorrow, to which Rickert replies hesitantly: "...o- of course."

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Neat! Thank you all. Beautiful episode as expected. I really like the shot from above just before the market scene. It made me think of old picture of my town way back in the early 1900. Anyway, can't wait for a full translation to learn more!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
I was actually taken with how normal it all looks for the most part.

Fittingly, the episode title is "Human city" (similar to that of episode 245, although not exactly the same in Japanese).

Griffith said:
I like that, though I still wouldn't mind Griffith's throne room being out of the Wizard of Oz (how funny if it too is relatively normal, though the staircase makes me think not =).

I'm quite certain it will not disappoint. I actually have little interest in Rickert meeting Griffith in comparison; I just want to see the overlord's palace and the accompanying throne room. :void:

Griffith said:
Anyway, talking about Falconia is almost burying the lede now, Luca and friends return! This is an unexpected but welcome surprise.

Their return is definitely awesome, especially since it's been so long ago since we last saw them. I'm more surprised by Daiba's presence there though, that cunning old man. Looks like he's hiding his Garuda in that secluded barn, and the thing gets restless everytime horses arrive. "It'd calm down if somebody brought it fresh meat."

Anyway, there's one interesting comment from Rickert on page 9, where he's quick to put two and two together. He says of the city that it flourishes, and can't be compared to the old Wyndham. "It's like the legendary capital city that's been sleeping underground has been revived."

Oburi

All praise Grail
Amazing! The image of Griffith sitting in his throne room is going to be a reveal of such grandeur it could be one of those epic two page spreads that come to define the series and stick with you for a long time. I mean honestly, as far back as when Griffith first talked about his dream to Guts, about obtaining his own kingdom, standing tall against the sun with such confidence... I almost can't believe its finally being realized. This is the moment that so many fans have pictured happening for years and years. This is the moment where we first see Griffith with his dream fufilled.

Wow that came way earlier than I thought! I was expecting to get the episode by the end of the month (didn't mark exact dates, just knew it was this month and assumed it would come out later). What a pleasant surprise. :ubik:

Although I'm happy to finally get to see the inner works of the city, I also had the impression that much of the scenery and architecture was more of the same that we have seen in that episode which gave us our first glimpse of Falconia, episode 307 I think which was also the city's namesake. It's amazing the level of detail that was put on that outside look, looking back, to the point it seemingly nailed down the look and vibe of each corner of this magnific city.

I guess I was also among the ones who was perhaps expecting a bit of something new when we get inside it, but it's not disappointing at all, and it's reasonable enough in the sense that something too mystique or otherwordly (even more than Falconia already is) could perhaps not be so much accepted or difficult to get used to initially by the population at large. Much of the world is already like that right now and what people would seemingly desire after the merging with the astral world, would be a place with enough familiarity to what they used to live and where they could get much of their routines back. Besides the safety this safe haven brings through Griffith's means, so that people wouldn't be devoured by the first thing they heard about in story tales.

It also brings back to the point that Griffith (and the large forces at work) could still be pulling the strings to make most humans still ignorant about the workings of the astral world, besides now being all over it, with all the rescuing and readapting of people process that we are seeing. Sure lots or most people would perish in this new world but perhaps some groups could learn interesting things with other spiritual or not so spiritual-now beings.

That aside, I still certainly expect some exquisite and mystic sceneries from Miura. Elfhelm is a sure-bet, or perhaps even some other unshown parts of Falconia itself could bring a similar vibe, like the Throne room like some people are expecting or whatever is behind the doors of the big stairway. Perhaps Falconia as we know is merely a human facade. I like the idea of an apostle city after crossing the doors of said stairway.

Anyway, it's good to see that slowly but surely the gears of the plot are moving. Now Rickert has supposedly a indication letter and a meeting with Griffith. More than suspicion that he already had he's showing signs of being uneasy with the whole situation which he's more up to.

It's great to have Berserk back.

ZODDOII

BERSERK
It's a truly waiting so long~ Waiting so long~!! :'( :'( :'( :ubik: Thanks :'( :) :'( :'( :'(

_S300868.jpg

_S310869.jpg

_S330871%2520copy.jpg

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
It's been so long. I liked Gigantomakhia.. but I hope Miura doesn't make more side projects any time soon. :femto:

Top Bottom