Reasonable price for Berserk [Branded Box]?

So recently I've been trying to get my hands on the Berserk Millennium Falcon game for PS2. I'm actually in the middle of trying to get a refund from Play Asia because they didn't have it in stock even though I was allowed to purchase it on the site and there was no indication of it being out of stock when I initially bought the game. Well anyway, since Play Asia is pretty much out of the question I've been trying to find alternate places to buy from. I've seen a handful on Amazon that are going for like $35 plus shipping "very good condition" supposedly. I find that absolutely ridiculous! For the Branded Box? 35? It seems so good that it might be shady even though most of these places appear to have gotten ratings in the high 90% range. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002TB68Y/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

I've had a look on Ebay as well but the prices there are quite high compared to the used copies on Amazon from these Japanese sellers. Really my question is what do you guys think the Branded Box is worth these days from a consumer stand point since I'd like to buy it as soon as I can and does anyone know of any other good places to buy this particular item?

Thanks in advance! I'd also like to say I'm very excited to be apart of this community that's so dedicated to Berserk and I hope to get to know some of you in the future. :guts:

I just want to tell you that Amazon in the last 2 years has seriously went downhill. About 6 times I ordered after asking the company if the item was authentic and returned it because its a bootleg, the review system overall sucks for identifying if the sellers item is legit because it encompasses all of that item sold regardless of seller. Also bad experiences with foreign companies taking over 2 months to get me an item just unacceptable and YOU pay for returns etc. I suggest staying away from Amazon if you think something is to good to be true bud. If you are hell bent on getting the branded box I suggest yahoo japan auctions they pop up and you can get them around $40 In my opinion a unopened branded box is worth like $70-$80 and goes down based off condition etc. Good luck on getting one I hope you get a good copy that works

I would suggest using yahoo auctions

So you wouldn't exactly use Yahoo auctions if you had to then? That looks about my only choice aside from Ebay which is like $229 (free shipping yay :azan:). I thank you for the info though, I'm still not sure what I'm going to do yet. Also, how do you go about navigating this auction page? I'm kinda lost here.

Halcian said:
So you wouldn't exactly use Yahoo auctions if you had to then? That looks about my only choice aside from Ebay which is like $229 (free shipping yay :azan:). I thank you for the info though, I'm still not sure what I'm going to do yet. Also, how do you go about navigating this auction page? I'm kinda lost here.

I fixed my typo. sorry

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Halcian said:
Really my question is what do you guys think the Branded Box is worth these days from a consumer stand point since I'd like to buy it as soon as I can and does anyone know of any other good places to buy this particular item?

Yahoo! Japan auctions is reliable, but it'll cost you a bundle in commission and shipping fees. Personally, I bought the Branded Box when it came out, and it's really just that: a box. The action figure in it is a variation of a pretty common model that was available at the time and can probably be found with ease, and other than that it's just the game (the disc itself is of a different color, golden instead of pink). I ended up throwing away the box a couple years ago when I moved. I've kept the game, but I had sold the action figure to a friend way back then.

Now of course your mileage may vary, but overall, my honest advice is that you shouldn't spend more than $50 on it. If you really want it as a collector, then maybe you can go up to $100, but more than that I'd say you're not getting a good deal.

Halcian said:
I'd also like to say I'm very excited to be apart of this community that's so dedicated to Berserk and I hope to get to know some of you in the future. :guts:

Hi and welcome!

Thanks! This really helps actually, I think this is the answer I was looking for in my final decision. I feel I'd have an easier time trying to get just the game itself instead of paying an arm and a leg for the Branded Box. Although it would be an awesome collectors item, no doubt. I just don't see any good deals for it right now which is a shame :judo: I wish I would've been into Berserk more back in the day when these things were made more readily available.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
I have an opened Branded Box with all the stuffs (the game has been played - can't hook you up with a 100% save file though cause the cards with my saves were stolen long ago and I haven't beaten it again yet) and also a brand fresh unopened copy of the regular retail game, I'm in USA and can probably do a decent price for you, with the added bonus of not-getting-ripped-off. :slan: Send me a PM if you're interested.

If you read the descriptions on the Amazon resellers' pages you can see that most of them are offering only the game disc. That's why shipping is so low as well, that's the cost to ship a disc in a sleeve. There's no way anyone is shipping the whole Branded Box from Japan for like eight dollars. Chu-kin Distribution's is probably legit since they're asking $66 shipping, and I've heard a few good reports about that seller as well (they also have a used regular retail copy).

Otherwise, if I was you I'd just go for a used copy of the regular retail game, and hope to get a legit copy. It's a short enough game that I would think most of the ones for sale used are legit. It's the kind of game that a casual player would beat and take back to the store for a couple bucks' trade-in.

Top Bottom