Why didn't Skull Knight kill Griffith before the eclipse?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Could be a number of reasons. My first guess is that there's a reason that he strikes when he does: during the Junction of Times. It's when causality's hold on events is at its weakest. He likely needed the ceremony to progress so that he would get an opportunity to take a swing at the God Hand, which is his stated primary goal.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
kapsi said:
He wouldn't even need a special sword, just run him over with your horse. Problem solved.
I'm curious as to why you think it would be so easy

Consider all the situations, as well as the outcomes, when Griffith/Femto has been in mortal danger.
Just some examples:
First battle with Zodd
The various attempts on Griffith's life during the 100 Years War
Battle with Wyald
Skull Knight's intervention atop Ganishka

Delta Phi said:
I'm curious as to why you think it would be so easy

Consider all the situations, as well as the outcomes, when Griffith/Femto has been in mortal danger.
Just some examples:
First battle with Zodd
The various attempts on Griffith's life during the 100 Years War
Battle with Wyald
Skull Knight's intervention atop Ganishka

I don't think the battle with Zodd is a very good example. He barely made it out alive. Zodd recognized the Crimson Beherit and that saved his bacon. And I also have to disqualify the petty assassination attempts that some of the nobility made on Griffith too.. we're hypothetically talking about SK carrying out the deed, so that's a bad parallel. Also... Wyald wasn't very concerned with Griffith so...? Causality is what allowed Griffith to live in every instance you mentioned. Not some latent talent or ability Griffith possesses that would make it so that he is immune to death/dying. Skull Knight likely knew as much also, and so a pre-emptive strike wouldn't have been worth very much in the end.

Well, fighting against fate is dirty business. How does Skull Knight not know that any attempt he makes on Griffith's life isn't also bound within the flow of causality? I second what Walter said, that SK prefers to act when the lines of causality have blurred and are open to anomalous events.

Top Bottom