[AOW] Guts Black Swords Man -The Spinning Cannon Slice

They've asked not to post a picture on a forum as yet since it may go through changes but you can preview it on their website - http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/index.php

Details so far:

*Estimated Pre-order Starting Date: in the middle or later May
*Size: 1/6 scale (W33cm x D38cm x H25cm including sword and base *size may change. )
*Price: not decided yet
*Limited Number: not decided yet
*Other Information: different attachments for 2 versions this time.

Another Guts statue but at least it's a different pose, well sort of, it'll be interesting to put it next to the 20th Anniversary. Let's hope they do the face justice. For price, you think 90,000 Yen, like the 20th?

finally something original for the right size...! Guts Looking good but still have to see the final results. I have way too many guts (5) so this will be a no go for me.

Interested.......Will have to see how this one turns out....not exactly sure I approve of the scene though.....didn't really think that move is all that. But it's a 1/6 Guts so it'll be hard to pass.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
hubalo said:
can anyone post the image of the manga , i dont remember that scene :???:

You could just check it in your volumes. The first time it happens is near the end of volume 15, when Guts is fighting Rochine's guardians. It was also shown more recently, at the end volume 35.

I have thought about this one for a while, and the only way they could do the spinning canon slice properly is to use clear resin to simulate the spin. there are some statues that use this to great effect, like the Classic Thor Action Statue by Bowen:

901473-thor-001.jpg

If they could get some black mist/fog to coincide with the clear resin it could look amazing. Other than that, I don't understand how they can simulate the spinning canon slice with a static statue :/

amano

kono sekai ni wa
Product Information

Size: approx.W33cm x D38cm x H25cm (sword and base included)

Estimated Delivery Date: August – September, 2014

Editions:

Limited version Ⅰ: 88 pieces with Bonus attached

Limited version Ⅱ: 44 pieces without Bonus

Bonus: Human Puck mini figure
Size: approx. 11cm (H)

Unit Price (exclude shipping and handling cost)

Limited version Ⅰ: 100,000 JPY ($984/ €718)

Limited version Ⅱ: 95,000 JPY ($936/ €683)

▲Installment Plan For Limited version Ⅰ

First Payment: 35,000 JPY in 7 days after pre-order

Second Payment: 35,000 JPY in 37 days after pre-order

Third Payment: 30,000 JPY in 67 days after pre-order

Forth Payment: shipping cost around the late August

★We are not able to offer other installment plans this time. ★

▲Installment Plan For Limited version Ⅱ

First Payment: 35,000 JPY in 7 days after pre-order

Second Payment: 30,000 JPY in 37 days after pre-order

Third Payment: 30,000 JPY in 67 days after pre-order

Forth Payment: shipping cost around the late August

★We are not able to offer other installment plans this time. ★

The Spinning Cannon Slice is a combined movement of a blow of Guts’ sword Dragon Slayer and the Cannon that bears on his left arm.

The sculpture refers to the scene where Guts uses this skill against the tentacle monsters of the phantom ship in volume 35 of the comic.

The Dragon Slayer blade is as much as about 26.5 cm and makes the statue more power visually.

With excellent dynamic modeling work on the deck simulated base, the fluttering cloak and sword, rotating motion in the entire molding is recreated.

Pre-order will start on May 24th, 12:00 JPY.

We waiting for your pre-orders!

Well Well looks very good but a bit pricey
http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/index.php cool picture with slicing effect on the sword :)
Wait some more days to have more pics on their youtube page. (360° pics)

I like the mini figure attachement :)

omg the price :isidro:

but damn, this statue looks amazing, finally an Guts with an good Head Sculpt from Art of war
I don't thinck that they captured this scene good at all
It doesnt looks like Guts spinning, some special effects for thee cannon , like Liad said would have been better

Not sure why anyone expected spinning action/ sword effect in a different way because none of the statues released by AOW in the past has that sort of thing, even with the 1/6 or 20th Anniversary. The first picture in AOW's email looked pretty neat with the sword looking blurred, giving the impression it's in motion. Face looks akin to the 1/6.

The price, seriously...

You could get 3 Black Swordsman Figmas for that price.. at the increased price they're at right now.
And hit the cannon pose with one of them. It's even got the lowered down hand for shooting the cannon.
Or pose it however you wanna whenever you wanna change it in a matter of minutes................
Another 2-handing the dragonslayer... another one humping a Casca figma that you'll buy aswell ... another one slashing at the Griffith Figma that you'll also buy....
Go out for a movie, dinner, AND buy all the Berserk volumes on top of that and land at the same price.

*hoping everyone boycotts AoW to the point where they're forced to at least have reasonable prices like the Figmas, or do smaller high quality figures like the Figmas and not like the crappy ones they've done previously (but the Zodd and Skull Knight Yamato Art of Wars are awesome, I admit!*

Aazealh said:
I don't find it particularly good.

It's why I have the head with the helmet on the 1/6.

RanShi said:
The price, seriously...

You could get 3 Black Swordsman Figmas for that price.. at the increased price they're at right now.
And hit the cannon pose with one of them. It's even got the lowered down hand for shooting the cannon.
Or pose it however you wanna whenever you wanna change it in a matter of minutes................
Another 2-handing the dragonslayer... another one humping a Casca figma that you'll buy aswell ... another one slashing at the Griffith Figma that you'll also buy....
Go out for a movie, dinner, AND buy all the Berserk volumes on top of that and land at the same price.

*hoping everyone boycotts AoW to the point where they're forced to at least have reasonable prices like the Figmas, or do smaller high quality figures like the Figmas and not like the crappy ones they've done previously (but the Zodd and Skull Knight Yamato Art of Wars are awesome, I admit!*

A conscious collective effort to stop buying AOW's products based on price or the build (problems with face or sculpt, etc.) is going to be hard because there are die-hard collectors and with AOW limiting their numbers to a 100 (on average), I think they naturally cater to them. Plus the last 2 statues released are 6 months apart and both in the $1000 range, a new collector would be hesitant to pick something that expensive.

I want to see more of the statue, on the fence on buying this.

I'm not in. Not particularly interested on a black swords man....the base sucks,suck ass compare to tentacle ship.... and I think the guts 2010 1/6 is far better.

Also the berserk armor lower wolf jaw looks awfully big and out of place to me.

Another Guts...without me and i think it's too expansive,they go round and round in circles;they should think to make a diorama or a Casca statue,she is under represented in their productions :???:

there's no need of trying to denigrate this statue, or compare it with others I own, only because I'm not buying it...

(It's a very nice statue and sure it will be even more in person, yet for the price they ask I'd like too see more care on the head sculpt. In this case it is fundamental, we have no other options.)

...but more simply, I can't afford it at the moment or maybe it's more correct to say that I can't spend another 100k+ JPY for a statue so soon after The Tentacle Ship. I'd rather save for a 25th anniversary statue... if there will be one. :carcus:

ObVp02p.jpg

WyF6pt6.jpg

the thing about guts is, we have way too many guts in the town....A 1/6 casca or femto or skull knight or even zodd will do much better on selling department and if those happens I'm dropping my money in. they just released 4 versions of black swordsman in 1/10th scale and that to me is ridiculous. If they drop the price by half and produce 4 times more quantities I believe AOW will have a better future. This piece should be 60000yen not 100000.

Not buying this one. I'm totally on the boycott train. If they're not gonna bother fixing their prices, then I'd rather they go bankrupt. Noone should have to be forced to pay blood money to own a couple of decent Berserk statues (and most of the AoW statues are utter trash). It's actually cheaper to commission statues from professionals. You'll get exactly what you want, and you'll save hundreds of dollars.

Headlong has made a couple of Berserk statues, and they are A) practically free compared to AoW pricing , and B ) Perfect representations of the characters, faces are spot on.

With all due respect to those who are going to get it - After all this time, and they still can't get an accurate head sculpt.
The price tag is preposterous. The little "bonus" for 5000 ien, is also ridiculous , for the quality and scale.

I hope that one day people seriously start giving "feedback" that is - not buying. So that they have to change their "sales strategy". And they shouldn't even bother with the whole - oh its limited to 100 or so. Because they'll probably release 3 or 4 repaints

This statue... I can't put my finger on it, I am just not pleased. I love the tentacle ship and was excited for it but this one specifically doesn't temp me. When I got the email I had an oh yeah! excitement feeling but when I seen the pose and read the description I kind of scratched my head. I see a lot of negativity. Is anyone happy with this piece ?

I'm still holding out to see more detailed shots, but I agree with most of the sentiments here, that this piece didn't turn out as well as we had hoped. The face, from what it seems, only looks like a SLIGHT improvement from the previous 1/6 Guts, but it's not nearly good enough. AOW just doesn't get it. LIKENESS LIKENESS LIKENESS. It shouldn't be that much to ask...

As for the pose, I like the idea of it, but the execution looks a little off from certain angles. Again, I'll wait to see more pics...

Overall... all I have to say is... le sigh~~~

Top Bottom