[AOW] Guts Black Swords Man -The Spinning Cannon Slice

Liad said:
They contradict themselves by saying that they hand paint these pieces, which takes hundreds of hours, they "don't just use figure factory workers". Later, they talk about the price and say that their production will move to ANOTHER factory in China..... So you ARE using figure factory workers then? Sheesh. BTW this is totally normal, pretty much every statue company use china factory workers for cheap labor, and those companies are thriving. How come Art of War somehow found the most expensive chinese factory around?

Practically here you're attacking the only point in which I trust Art of War :guts:
of course they use chinese figure factory workers, but they are well paid handicraftsmen; I can't know how and how much this influences the final price but as a matter of fact the assembling and painting have been always extremely good, I never found a single flaw. Other, more popular, companies have often painting and/or bonding problems. I think China is not necessarily equal to cheap labor, underpaying is equal to cheap labor.

2) The cost for a new item is really high ...

During the period we need to sell other products, so we will do repainting works based on the previous models, but we always do changes and improvement to make the repainting one better.

By the representative's own admission, AOW is saying original versions aren't as good. We see that as customers but for them to admit it like that shows their lack of effort or dedication (to get it right the first time) when it comes to releasing a product.

andrewdsz said:
Preorders are up. Grab yours if u want... ...I doubt it is gonna sell out within next two months. :ganishka:

Yeah bros preorder is up! And you get a great 1000 yen discount for pre ordering! Take advantage of it right now or else this great 1% discount might be gone :ganishka: :troll: :ganishka:

Some stores and people on yahoo japan or ebay will still buy it to try to sell it later for more. So for a while it might give the impression that its selling normally

Not a fan of this one. I haven't purchased a statue from AoW for years now. Too many excuses, no good responses to any of my emails....just constant BS and rising prices.

Mammon

Mangoku army
I liked that part:

We also have explained before about the face expression, the truth is if we have to do the face same with the comic, we need to change our sculptor because his personally style is hard to change. And we may also have to change our president, because he likes the faces.

This is not a joke, but maybe in the future we can find another sculptor who has skills both on molding and face expressions.

Thanks for sending that mail Sankari!

No it is not. The limited ver. One sold like 70 pieces I think. The normal ver. were not selling out at all. Due to the extreme bad selling record AOW just closed the preorder. This is not the first time they done this. :ganishka:

Hopefully they learn... ...not to release bull S to us anymore in the future.

andrewdsz said:
No it is not. The limited ver. One sold like 70 pieces I think. The normal ver. were not selling out at all. Due to the extreme bad selling record AOW just closed the preorder. This is not the first time they done this. :ganishka:

The thing, is it listed as sold out when i open the page, but probably it is an little mistake with my browser or something like that

Edit: hahahaahhaah shit i just read your post again and i just noticed that i wrote conmplete bs haha
my excuse is that i had a really long day at school

but yeah do they list it again later on ? but yeah hopefully they finally learned their lesson

andrewdsz said:

what happens when they dont sell all their statues, do they still release it, or do they return the money of the preorders?

andrewdsz said:

I hope so too.I wish they'd learn from this.

I thought it was the case, of not selling out, because every once in a while they get a bunch of old releases and put them up for sale again. Just saw SK on sale on their website, so I think they're just holding them and trying to create more hype for later.

Mammon said:
I liked that part:

Thanks for sending that mail Sankari!

I think quite a few of us already sent them feedback, but their policy is to always just be stubborn and never listen to the buyers. I was surprised they decided to answer.
To me it was mostly an admission that they're not really willing to change or improve.

What was mostly out of point, is that they think that because people aren't really buying their products, it must mean that Berserk isn't "in fashion" anymore. I feel that theres a whole lot of people who love this series, but either aren't satisfied, or not willing to pay so much for AoW products.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sankari said:
What was mostly out of point, is that they think that because people aren't really buying their products, it must mean that Berserk isn't "in fashion" anymore. I feel that theres a whole lot of people who love this series, but either aren't satisfied, or not willing to pay so much for AoW products.

Indeed.

what really happened was that when they closed their preorder the previous claimed 44 pieces normal ver. are not produced at all. We all believed this statue is 110 pieces while in reality only maybe 77 pieces existed. That normal ver are simply not being produced. In another word you are very likely not gonna find statue number 80# and above.

For example the zodd on horse, the void& Griffith, zodd III, sk on horse 2011 back lighting etc, all of those did NOT sell out within the pre-order period but listed as sold out suddenly. You just not gonna find zodd III # 500 exist in this world in reality. The pieces that really sold out if not instant sold out cases like 20th or sk brith ceremony are the ones will be listed as 4 pieces left 3peieces left or similar Shi-t on the title before they put sold out in the page.

Sure it is possible to talk over the head sculpt and/or the pose of this statue but I'm like totally in love with details and paint job. I only hope that paying less for a statue, as we all wish for, do not mean to significantly lose this detail, as happens with Sideshow, Bowen, Tsume, Pop Culture Shock... Sure I could buy more pieces but I really don't need to fill my house with a plenty of ordinary berserk statues...

380591610308060_557687557685674_5061199671990345302_n.jpg

Zoddit said:
Sure it is possible to talk over the head sculpt and/or the pose of this statue but I'm like totally in love with details and paint job. I only hope that paying less for a statue, as we all wish for, do not mean to significantly lose this detail, as happens with Sideshow, Bowen, Tsume, Pop Culture Shock... Sure I could buy more pieces but I really don't need to fill my house with a plenty of ordinary berserk statues...

i have some tsume statues, and they are as good as it gets, both painting and sculpt., kempachi, and phoenix, awesome masterpieces, and at decent price........

hubalo said:
i have some tsume statues, and they are as good as it gets, both painting and sculpt., kempachi, and phoenix, awesome masterpieces, and at decent price........

wait, i'm not discussing the quality this time, tsume (and so on) statues are very good for the price but pretty ordinaries for my taste, I don't see any special detail in their paint job. And I own or used to own at least one statue for each of the factories I mentioned above.

Zoddit said:
wait, i'm not discussing the quality this time, tsume (and so on) statues are very good for the price but pretty ordinaries for my taste, I don't see any special detail in their paint job. And I own or used to own at least one statue for each of the factories I mentioned above.

not to discuss either, but some times they do better jobs with their statues than AOW, and they have won a lot of fame in justover 3 year they ve been here, proof is that their lats statue of 700 pieces sold in one day!! i dont think AOW could put that out the way they are working now, i mean i like their statues, i even bought cannon slice, but i think tsume has done things very well,not just quality product wise, but their model bussines is the adecuate, giving us fair prices, how is it possible that AOW cant do that with 14 years or so in bussines

they made an new limited edition with an new attachement: cutted thorn of the ghost ship beast's beard(tentacle)

it look's cool, honestly but i still don't know what to thinck of it since it is only 2 pieces which you can place randomly on the base

btw limited to 15 pieces

PH1403259829.jpg

Mangetsu said:
they made an new limited edition with an new attachement: cutted thorn of the ghost ship beast's beard(tentacle)

it look's cool, honestly but i still don't know what to thinck of it since it is only 2 pieces which you can place randomly on the base

btw limited to 15 pieces

PH1403259829.jpg

Its not really limited to 15 pieces. They just took some of the statues that didn´t sell and are trying a new gimmick to try to justify the ridiculous price tag.

to me it just screams desperation

Top Bottom