[AOW] Guts Black Swords Man -The Spinning Cannon Slice

Sankari said:
Its not really limited to 15 pieces. They just took some of the statues that didn´t sell and are trying a new gimmick to try to justify the ridiculous price tag.

to me it just screams desperation

from what i understood, the ones who preordered the puck version will, get, both the claws and the puck?

Yeah....seeing this new "limited" version does not inspire confidence. Seeing more pictures of it just affirms my believe that the pose is so freakin' weird....seriously wtf is he doing if it weren't for the title, no sense of motion whatsoever. Won't even go into that face of Guts.....

Desperation....I have to agree with you guys, very desperate indeed.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
I think you all may be right about the desperation to sell the item but I am loving the add on. I preordered my canon slice with Extra blood effect on:
1. The Deck
2. The whole body/armor
3. The Canon muzzle and Guts arm
4. The dragon slayer
5. Guts face and back neck
6. Guts cape inside and out
7. Guts leather pouches/packs

I almost wanted to retract my request for extra blood effect to the face due to the horrible paint jobs of face blood on Guts in the birth ceremony chapter statues. Only the first two iterations of that statue were horrible as far as paint goes. I hope AOW doesn't botch the face blood for my canon slice. I'm a noob to AOW so I am giddy about this statue even though I agree with most critics about the face sculpt and other gripes with the pose. Oh and of course the price blows. Doesn't make me giddy one bit.

I'm getting a lazy Susan for this bad boy. They are providing Japanese customers with the lazy Susan but said it's too much trouble to ship international. This pose would like killer whilst rotating on display.

Ahmetal said:
I think you all may be right about the desperation to sell the item but I am loving the add on. I preordered my canon slice with Extra blood effect on:
1. The Deck
2. The whole body/armor
3. The Canon muzzle and Guts arm
4. The dragon slayer
5. Guts face and back neck
6. Guts cape inside and out
7. Guts leather pouches/packs

Isn't that the entire statue?

i remember there were many complains about the tentacle ship statue before it was released , now that is out, everyone who owns it love it and dont want to sell it, maybe its going to be the same with this one.....

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
hubalo said:
i remember there were many complains about the tentacle ship statue before it was released , now that is out, everyone who owns it love it and dont want to sell it, maybe its going to be the same with this one.....

If they bought the product it means they liked it enough in the first place.

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
Ordered mine before I decided to downsize. Arrived on Saturday, and it's a pretty impressive piece. Pose is indeed uninspired, but the tons of little details make up for it.
At this size and quality, I'd say a fair retail price would be around half the AoW price. I'm not burning with regret though, it's the best Guts piece I own and will probably be the only one I keep.
Will post detail pics if anyone is interested.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Akebobo said:
Will post detail pics if anyone is interested.

Ya, please do. Mine arrived at jfk this morning. I thought it would be here by now. Hopefully I'll have it by tmw...so I don't really neeeed pics since I'll have a, bloody-all-over version soon. But it would be awesome to see yours, nonetheless.

Thank you! Amazing piece, the quality is superb. I still don't like the pose though, but considering to get a new Skull Knight.

not a fan of the pose but the statue looks very good overall, congrats and thank you for the pics! :ubik:
I like the scars on his face but what about his ears? Are they really so difficult to sculpt? they didn't even try... :mozgus:

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=4790.msg229757#msg229757

AOW have 1 more of them in restock with SPECIAL REPAINT (again).
http://www.art-of-war.jp/product/477

So if anyone missed, here is your chance; I'll pass it though.

Well I couldn't stand the temptation when they offered me one a week back (though to my understanding mine was the last one left....but I still see one for sale hah) since I have all the major AOW Guts pieces. Came in yesterday and despite all the criticism for AOW, I can't think of another figure company I've dealt with that is on par in terms of detail, paint, quality of resin material, and packaging/presentation. These all come at a premium I'm sure along with the limited releases....AOW just needs to choose their projects better down the line and not fall back on repaints all day. The statue looks great as one might expect, but the pose is weird still and I still think if no one told me what Guts was doing, I would be wondering what this pose is supposed to be.

You just got owned. Repaint bloody version. http://www.art-of-war.jp/product/611

Color changes of this repainting.
1.Giving more redness to the inside of the cloak, and adding some black stains on the outside to make more contrast between the inside and outside.
2. Much more fresh flowing blood be added, which changed the whole statue to be a bloody imagine, especially on the following parts:
- Dragon Slayer is repainted to a gory sword to express the fierce battle with the monsters.
- More dripping blood effects were added on the armor, the Arm Cannon, Guts’s face, leg and feet, and also the deck base.
- This item is repainted to a red bloody imagine. Compare to the previous bluish blood version, the repainting works represent that Guts is also wounded and it is a really hard battle.

20150228_eeeab4.jpg

20150228_542a87.jpg

I think is those unsold units

an other 344 pieces?! WAD! The AoW merchandising political is not correct, i prefer spend my mony for goodsmile guts that buy fake limit edition by them.

Top Bottom