Skullknight.net > Site & Forum News

Working on a Mobile Theme

(1/3) > >>

Walter:
After a lot of thought and frustration with our theme on mobile devices, I'm working on transitioning to a mobile theme. It won't affect you if you're on a laptop or desktop. Nothing is changing in that regard. However, if  you are on a mobile device, it will automatically switch.

If you don't like this view, you can always switch back with a button at the very bottom of the forum index, or by simply clicking this link.

I'm working on simplifying the amount of data it displays so that reading threads and forum indexes is easier on the eyes. Right now there's just too much info on it. But in the end, I think this will be a big improvement.

Aazealh:
Honestly I don't have a problem with the standard site as it is, but maybe that's because my phone has a bigger screen. Well, that and I don't mind reading tiny text. Right now the mobile version's kind of useless to me because it only displays the menu. No latest posts, which is the feature I most care about when checking the site on my phone.

Simplifying the theme sounds good, but I think it needs to remain comprehensive at first glance.

Walter:
You can access the recent posts section through the menu button in the top right. 2 clicks away. Ideally id like to have a list of all threads in one column sorted by activity instead of the forum index. I think that'd be the best landing page for a mobile device.

Rhombaad:

--- Quote from: Aazealh on May 03, 2014, 07:18:52 AM ---Honestly I don't have a problem with the standard site as it is, but maybe that's because my phone has a bigger screen.

--- End quote ---

My phone has a small screen, and I have poor vision, so I'm thrilled about this, hehe. Most of the time it isn't an issue, because I access the site on my desktop at home or at work.

Walter:
Thanks, that's encouraging. I take a train to and from work these days, so I'm reading the forum more often than not on mobile. It's definitely changed the way I look at things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version