Need help, what is the best way to read Manga? look inside :)

hey everyone, i have these mangas on my computer or i read them usually online

the thing is i have a desktop, and i dont like reading them on the desktop :/ i want to be able to read them while i sit down or in bed, so can anyone suggest something to read mangas with? like are tablets good? i dont want a laptop, is there any good sort of tablet thats good to read mangas on? or anything similar ?

thanks!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Personally, I prefer reading them from the book: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_7?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=berserk&sprefix=Berserk%2Caps%2C245

Walter said:
Support the author. Buy the manga.

Yeah you guys are right, I've already read all of berserk just for future ones if there are any good ones like berserk, seems like vagabond is a popular one

I have all the volumes , from 1 to 37 , but I still only read them on my e-readers. I have a Kobo glo and a Kindle paperwhite. I prefer to have them on the tablet so I can read them anywhere, beach house, gfs house etc. For sure buy the manga, its not even expensive to buy the entire collection ;)
I bought them all in a bunch, and then bought all the artbooks. It was so cheap.
The artbooks I got from mandarake and YJA

I don't own any digital copes, so I can't recommend them.

As far as physical copies go, TFAW.com has all the volumes for 50% right now. So if budget is an issue now is the time to pick them up!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bains1989 said:
hey everyone, i have these mangas on my computer or i read them usually online

Hi Bains. You spend thousands of dollars on statues, so I think you can afford to buy the books as well. As a fan, that should be the first thing to buy for a collection. That goes for Berserk and for other works.

Aazealh said:
Hi Bains. You spend thousands of dollars on statues, so I think you can afford to buy the books as well. As a fan, that should be the first thing to buy for a collection. That goes for Berserk and for other works.

yeah your right :p are the darkhorse English releases all up to date? like to the current volume?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bains1989 said:
yeah your right :p are the darkhorse English releases all up to date? like to the current volume?

Yup. Another advantage you get is that the online stuff is pretty badly translated. Relying on it can lead to big misconceptions about the story.

Aazealh said:
Yup. Another advantage you get is that the online stuff is pretty badly translated. Relying on it can lead to big misconceptions about the story.

Thank you everyone for your wisdom and information! Thanks admins for your input as well:)

Did everyone buy the volumes one by one or is there anywhere you might be able to get them all at once? I always see vol 1-37 on yahoo jap auctions but they all look like they are not in English :/

bains1989 said:
Did everyone buy the volumes one by one or is there anywhere you might be able to get them all at once? I always see vol 1-37 on yahoo jap auctions but they all look like they are not in English :/

I wouldn't buy them secondhand from an auction website because then you're spending money that wont even go to the author. :sad:

I bought mine in bunches from Rightstuf.com. They're pretty cheap there and they'll usually have a Dark Horse sale on top of that sometimes. But as Gummyskull posted earlier, at TFAW.com they're 40-50% off.. that's only 9$ for a brand new Berserk volume! Now that's a deal.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bains1989 said:
Thank you everyone for your wisdom and information! Thanks admins for your input as well:)

No problem. As for where to buy from, see what the others told you. For convenience's sake, here's a direct link to buy all 37 volumes brand-new directly from TFAW with free shipping. Amazon also has them, but they'll cost you a bit more there. As for what's available on Yahoo! Japan auctions, as you noted, they're both used and in Japanese.

I thought I read before that Dark Horse was considering putting out Berserk digitally for sale in the near future, but maybe that was in Japan with Young Animal. I do have some manga I picked up on my Nook like Vampire Hunter D and a few others, but to be honest they come out kind of grainy, although it could just be the way they scanned them. With all the detail that Berserk has in it's art, I would recommend the physical copies if you have the room for them. :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Tama said:
I thought I read before that Dark Horse was considering putting out Berserk digitally for sale in the near future, but maybe that was in Japan with Young Animal.

Not that I know of. We learned last year that Hakusensha (Berserk's japanese publisher) had begun releasing e-books of the series (check it out here). Last I checked they had up to volume 30 available for purchase/download.

Dark Horse as a publisher has been growing the digital side of their platform, but it's still unknown if Hakusensha's move will pave the way for Berserk to be released digitally in other countries by the various localizing companies. It'd be great, but I'm not too optimistic about this in the near future.

What I'm really hoping for though is a digital Young Animal, released day of the magazine edition.

Walter beat me to that.

Averaging $9 per volume, TFAW offers a pretty good deal. The most discount I could get from Forbidden Planet when I was picking mine up at the store was 15% and they said it was only because I was picking up 20+ volumes that evening.

IncantatioN said:
Walter beat me to that.

Averaging $9 per volume, TFAW offers a pretty good deal. The most discount I could get from Forbidden Planet when I was picking mine up at the store was 15% and they said it was only because I was picking up 20+ volumes that evening.

I was in Germany for a little while, and there was this little book shop called das Verlies that had the whole series on sale at the particular time I was there for like 210$. I'm not sure how much of a savings that is, but at the time 34 volumes had been released so it seemed like a good deal.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bains1989 said:
hmm i live in canada, does anyone know if its free shipping to canada?

I know where you live, and I had taken that into account in my previous post. Just go to the site and check for yourself, it takes 2 minutes at most. They have a shipping fee calculator early on in the checkout process.

Aazealh said:
I know where you live, and I had taken that into account in my previous post. Just go to the site and check for yourself, it takes 2 minutes at most. They have a shipping fee calculator early on in the checkout process.

ahh thanks very much! :) im going to check it out for sure

EDIT: just check it out looks like shipping the cheapest way is $8.28! Damn :( US shipping is free?

I got all the volumes in a bunch. Lots of people sell them after they're done reading. Its cheaper and easier than going after each one. My problem is - I really dislike the Portuguese translation ( I'm Brazilian) I want to buy the Dark Horse editions , but haven't found a nice deal on all the volumes together

Bains - There's a place called High Octane Comics that's somewhere around where you live, hopefully they have them in stock.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
bains1989 said:
ahh thanks very much! :) im going to check it out for sure

EDIT: just check it out looks like shipping the cheapest way is $8.28! Damn :( US shipping is free?

Amazon.ca (not the american one) might have them for not much and the shipping is not a lot if you order a bunch... (from a montreal dude who order often from amazon.ca) if not check your comic shop they might have them. I know mine have a whole bunch available right now...

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=berserk%20manga#/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aberserk+manga&keywords=berserk+manga&ie=UTF8&qid=1399401019

So I had free time and checked them all out for you. Amazon.ca have them all for the moment. pretty much all of them are 11,51$ except some volumes at 10,79$, one at 13,86$ and one at 14$. (canadien money of course)

some of them have 1 copy left but the others have mainly 4 or more left! Hurry up! :guts:

update again for those in need:

vol 1: ?
vol 2: ?
vol 3: ?
vol 4: 5 left
vol 5: 1 left
vol 6: 8 left
vol 7: 3 left
vol 8: 4 left
vol 9: 1 left
vol 10: ?
vol 11: out of stock for the moment
vol 12: 5 left
vol 13: in stock
vol 14: 9 left
vol 15: 6 left
vol 16: 10 left
vol 17: 8 left
vol 18: in stock
vol 19 6 left
vol 20 7 left
vol 21: 6 left
vol 22: 5 left
vol 23: 4 left
vol 24: 3 left
vol 25: 3 left
vol 26: 3 left
vol 27: 7 left
vol 28: 9 left
vol 29: 10 left
vol 30: in stock
vol 31: 1 left
vol 32: 4 left
vol 33: in stock
vol 34: 10 left
vol 35: 9 left
vol 36: in stock
vol 37: in stock

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! Thanks for the big effort Jackson. Now Bains, there are no more excuses :iva:

Walter said:
Nice! Thanks for the big effort Jackson. Now Bains, there are no more excuses :iva:

hehe your right! im waiting for a response from the seller who i was buying all the versions from, shipping wasnt a flat rate and was charging me $170... :( i was able to pick up volume 1-11 from a friend on these forums which was nice but hopfully i can get aflat rate shipping :)

thanks for your help Jackson :farnese:

Top Bottom