Volume Release Schedule

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
This Graph is courtesy of kokoon. The credit is all his...

brsrk.gif

Y = Number of Days since last release
X = Volume Number

So based on this information you can speculate the exact release date based on the release date of the last volume.

IE volume 24 was December 19th, and with the trend heading downward it looks like volume 25 should be about 168 days later, which would be... uhh math... June 5th, 2003. Make your preorders now! :p

kokoon

so pure...so cold
oops, i failed to look up here before posting it myself in the 'current manga' forum ::)

well, to extend my graph... the following is courtesy of ignis@thehawks:
http://www.thehawks.org/hawks/forum/index.php?board=20;action=display;threadid=981;start=40
Hmm...Lets pray that the pattern happening in the last vols does not change!!! A quasi-linear decay is happening, begining at vol 20. Adjusting a line gives

y = -10.6 (+- 1.4) *x + 430.4 (+- 30.9)

The minimum we could expect is 99 days, while the max is 231. The "mean" would be 165.

An exponential fit gives

y = 631.8 (+-110.4) exp (-0.05 (+-0.008)*x)

Min: 122
Mean: 181
Max: 260

Assuming the exp is a nicer aproach up to vol 30, we would have ("means")

Vol 26: 172
Vol 27: 163
Vol 28: 155
Vol 29: 148
Vol 30: 140

note: it didnt take me much time to make that graph, i just wrote a short java applet. but what ignis contributed is even more useful :) thumbs up!

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
Ah yes,
Very similiar to what I said in the first post... but much more analytical.
However this "decline" is soon to be denounced by the release of Volume 25 on June 27th, 190 days after the release of Volume 24.
One must also take into account the relative volume size of those release on the now fading decline, and realize that the pages of time released are actually lowering.
However I feel that Miura's current format will maintain, in an approximatly semi-monthly release schedule, with around 20 chapters per a year (allowing for 4 months with only one chapter released) and two volumes per a year, each with 10 chapters a piece.

Top Bottom