Whose/What back story are you most anxious for?

Whose/What back story are you most anxious for?

• The Skull Knight

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • The God Hand (any of them)

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Zodd

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Elfheim

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Rakshas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Irvine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grunbeld

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
I find myself anxious for the back stories of these people more than anything.

I also seem most intrigued to find out Zodd's story.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I feel like this poll will end rather one sided :SK:

Skull Knight's backstory is probably the thing I'm most looking forward to in the entire series.

I agree that the Skull Knights story is a mystery and will be entertaining.

But something about Zodd has me interested.

I dont know if its the fact that he seems disinterested in normal apostle/God Hand things or if hes just so bad ass.

God Hand. Griffiths story was absolutely tragic, I wonder how awful theirs was. Void and Slan are the ones out of the God Hand I look forward most to, but I imagine if we find out about Voids, we'll find out more about SK, and vice versa.

The more I think about it the more interested I am in Rakshas and if his backstory is a key element to Femto's ultimate downfall.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Salibu said:
The more I think about it the more interested I am in Rakshas and if his backstory is a key element to Femto's ultimate downfall.

That sounds like a leap to me. What makes you think those two things will be connected? His comment about Griffith's pretty head?

I would love some sort of back story for the main apostles, like Zodd, Locus, Rakshas, Irvine, Grunbeld.
they appear to have some sort of code of honour, and preserve their humanity.

As for the Skullknight, I would like him to remain clouded in mistery ;)

______
Those are just wishes, but then again - some characters are best when left to the imagination.
For example - In Tolkien's universe, everything is so huge that we never get a full story to most characters.
Like Gandalf's life before taking form as an old man in middle eath, the two blue wizards that went east with Saruman and never returned, Glorfindel's powers after being reborn, the fate of Maglor etc.

Those open ends leave room for us, as readers/fans to fill in the void with our own interpretations. So sometimes I want to know what happens next, but I would also love if some of it was left open.

I am most interested in the God Hand and Skull Knight. I am sure that with the back story of one SKull Knight will not be far behind or is at least related. I think some people speculate that Slan was a nun at some point.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
I went with the God hand cause they are really intriguing to me. Void for sure. Slann. And then Ubik and Conrad. Those two I can't imagine them human so I'm really wondering what kind of person they were. Most of all Ubik...

(doesn't mean that I don't want to see the others. Skullknight's backstory is gonna be something amazing I'm quite sure)

I have to say that I'm very curious about Irvine even though we know a little bit how it happened without seeing it.

Walter said:
That sounds like a leap to me. What makes you think those two things will be connected? His comment about Griffith's pretty head?

Yeah, I know its a little bit of a reach. But he just seems so focused on Griffith and I have always felt every little detail is Berserk has a meaning behind it. I just feel :rakshas: would not have been given that line had it not had some importance....

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Salibu said:
Yeah, I know its a little bit of a reach. But he just seems so focused on Griffith and I have always felt every little detail is Berserk has a meaning behind it. I just feel :rakshas: would not have been given that line had it not had some importance....

It's certainly an interesting line from an enigmatic character, but at this point Rakshas has done more to help Griffith than hurt him; innocent until proven guilty as far as I'm concerned. Besides, look what happened to the last apostle to challenge Femto... :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Delta Phi said:
Er, I'd be interested in seeing how those lines were drawn... :???:

It's from people trying to draw greater meaning from the conspicuous nun's tale told by Mozgus in volume 18. It's always sounded flimsy to me.

Deci

Skull Knight, obviously I guess. I've always been a bit interested to learn a bit more about Griffith as well, like his childhood, his family, did he ever have a girlfriend? A mentor? A mercenary band before The Hawks? Perhaps born out of some secret nobility? Was his father like him in some way? Siblings? We know a lot about him, yet we don't really know that much either, I feel like.

Walter said:
It's from people trying to draw greater meaning from the conspicuous nun's tale told by Mozgus in volume 18. It's always sounded flimsy to me.

I have not read all the manga...which story are you talking about?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Salibu said:
I have not read all the manga...which story are you talking about?
Like I said, it's in volume 18. Mozgus relates a parable about a nun who cared for the sick and destitute, and we see her (face blacked, like other flashbacks). One day she stopped to care for an old man who was dying, but he insisted she leave him in peace, despite his state.

Top Bottom